Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542757 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3570 on: March 18, 2013, 06:15:12 pm »

"Oh! Quick work."
Teleport by the killer, then ghostly ventriloquism him over to the door.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: March 18, 2013, 06:28:52 pm »

Kiiilll...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: March 18, 2013, 08:43:08 pm »

((Everybody knows that you are screwed when the artist appears. On the other hand, he could be the perfect final boss of this game))
Fool! Whip Man is the only final boss!

((Sorry, but I don't catch the reference, if it is a reference))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: March 18, 2013, 08:43:39 pm »

((Everybody knows that you are screwed when the artist appears. On the other hand, he could be the perfect final boss of this game))

Gamerlord, care to educate him?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: March 18, 2013, 09:14:59 pm »

Gamerlord, care to educate him?
That motherfucker who killed off my first character. After reducing him to just a spine and half a skull. Also known as: That Bastard, Lord Rollin' Sixes and The Man With The Acid Water Shit. Man, that burning water stuff was nasty.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: March 18, 2013, 10:17:09 pm »

yeah he get shredded but just wouldn’t roll anything less than a six for endurance so could just keep fighting
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: March 19, 2013, 02:46:27 am »

Inside a crystalline labyrinth...

Tom just keeps on blundering through the caves, hoping to find something murderable.

[Blundering roll: 5]

And he does! At a certain point, there looks to be an elderly, somewhat plump woman walking down one of the tunnels. She appears to be whispering something, and the crystals seem to be expanding as she does so. Curious.

[Perception roll: ?]

He's a bit too far to hear the particulars of it, however. Wonder why she's doing this, though.

Inside the digestive tract of some creature...

Mark, not willing to go to a stomach in this lifetime, attempts to rip up this damnable digestive tract right up!

[Mark vs. Digestive Tract: 1 vs. 1]

Though the digestive tract is soft enough to be possible to hideously traumatize, the cramped conditions and constant movement also make sure that he cannot really exert enough force on the wall at any moment to actually cause a significant amount of damage.

As he tries to get into a more comfortable position, he is suddenly free and plummeting down, landing on a rough rock-like surface. Dang, it sure is dark in here.

On a metallic rooftop...

Darren attempts to teleport by the killer and distract him!

[Spectral Teleportation roll: 3]

He teleports a short distance, finding himself right on the doorstep of the house. Too far for ventriloquism to be truly effective, but close enough to see what happens next.

In a blood-coated square...

Yorinnsud, seeing the man approach, goes forth and tries to kill him!

As she runs forth, the man suddenly puts away his main weapon and draws something else - a wooden pentacle! That's... a strange thing to throw. Ah, he'll be killed nonetheless!

[Man vs. Yorinnsud: 6+1 vs. 1]

As Yorinnsud charges, the man, spinning around three times in place, hurls the pentacle with astonishing force. In but a split second it reaches Yorinnsud's throat, slicing through the flesh like warm butter! Yorinnsud's eyes widen in shock as the pentacle passes through effortlessly, flying off into the distance. She feels the world slowly become dark.

[Will roll: 1]

Okay, she can keep control, she can do this! She can survive! She's survived decapitation before, this is nothing!

Suddenly, the pentacle returns, following the gods only know what twisted form of physics! It slices straight through her chest, and Yorinssud gets a pretty good look at the heart she stole from Linda as bits of it join the sea of gore already littering the square. Yorinnsud collapses, her head slipping off her neck and making a splashing noise as it hits the bloody cobblestones.

[Will roll: 2-1]

Her body drops to its knees and falls chest forward to the ground. Yorinnsud gets a good look at her assailant, a man in a dark blue armored robe with a golden insignia in the shape of a dog's head emblazoned on it (though the gore, admittedly, makes all those things difficult to see), as he competently catches the escaping pentacle and places it back inside his robe.

[Will roll: 1-2]

As her vision goes out and the world slows down to a crawl, she sees the man slowly draw his signature weapon, the one he killed half the square's people with.

It is a metallic weapon, somewhat resembling a sword. However, the way it bends in his hands is unmistakable. It could only be one thing.

A bladed whip.

Yorinnsud has met a violent second death!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:46:31 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: March 19, 2013, 02:50:27 am »

Dear god he's like a curse.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: March 19, 2013, 03:22:24 am »

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: March 19, 2013, 03:29:50 am »

You ran into the Whip Man by sheer accident. He then aimed a wooden pentacle (a mysterious and deadly device, to be sure) at your neck with the aim to decapitate after noticing a single person in the square he hadn't killed yet. As to how he managed that display right there, even I don't know.

As to how he got here, that is a different story altogether, one that I shall not reveal at this point. But there most certainly is an adventure at the root of that.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:09 am »

Why had Whip Man evn come there???

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: March 19, 2013, 03:36:43 am »

Why had Whip Man evn come there???

Because Whip Man is all powerful?

HE IS GOD!

Or he is a mage/supernatural being killer and his job is to rid the world of all evil beings and mages.

And that wasn't a fight, that was a massacre.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:26 am »

Why had Whip Man even come there???

Oh, there's a reason. A rather peculiar reason, but a reason nevertheless.

EDIT: Also, the deathlist has reached 10! Yay! Or boo, if you are on it once or twice.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:45:59 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: March 19, 2013, 04:24:52 am »

the whip man cometh
also seurch the area I landed in then use anything sharp or heavy to break or cut the walls
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: March 19, 2013, 04:53:01 am »

Inside a strange cavern of some kind...

Mark tries to get a better idea of the area around him. Sadly, there is only one way he can do this: by groping the area blindly and hoping for the best.

[Search roll: 5]

Well, it is a pretty large area, definitely a stomach if we're taking notes from the human digestive system. The walls are rather tough, much tougher than the tube he came in from. Then again, now he can easily take out and wield his knives!

[Mark vs. Walls: 5 vs. 5]

Oh dear. These walls are actually rather rich in minerals, it seems. The knife can't seem to pierce them. Hm.

And now the air, already hot enough to boil water, seems to be getting even hotter. And more acrid as well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:37:19 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 719