Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542621 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9465 on: March 30, 2014, 04:38:10 am »

Name: Rune
Archetype: Skeleton
Biography: Rune was a man who lived in the extremely hot deserts of Sah-Arra. He lived in a small community that went by many names, and was a wealthy owner of a small shack in the market at the town. However, his store was continually attacked by massive insect-like creatures every night, usually destroying most of his wares. After many weeks of this, he had had enough, and took up arms with an iron set of armor, and a steel sword he purchased. He set out, following the footprints, reached the den of the insects, and...!

The Insect Demon Throws the fluffy wambler!
The fluffy wambler strikes Rune in the head, shattering the skull, tearing the muscle, and tearing the brain.
Human Swordsman, Rune, has been struck down!

His body left out in the storm, slowly devoured by hungry insects, and bones bleached by the sun, he was eventually discovered by a scavenger, and his body was dumped into the ocean. There, it waited, for hundreds of years...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: March 30, 2014, 05:59:27 am »

"Uh... No. I've had enough of that for a day. Or an un-lifetime."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: March 30, 2014, 08:37:43 am »

~Improve efficiency? Sending many people to do the job of only one is completely unefficient. Besides, can't you hypothesize on what would be the result of merging all of us into a body? If we don't have cohesion when each of us is not sharing anything, how would we be able to coordinate a single, shared body? That is likely to end with a nonfunctional body with an excess of orders. So, by merging us all into the same body, you would be actually not only reducing the efficiency, but rendering us all pretty much useless.~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: March 30, 2014, 08:42:29 am »

Mark started feeling unnerved having his body move on it's own "Gub with more bodys we could search a larger area for these mages quicker and it would be easier to capture them to bring back"

~nevertheless, you have no option but to try things this way first!~

~Improve efficiency? Sending many people to do the job of only one is completely unefficient. Besides, can't you hypothesize on what would be the result of merging all of us into a body? If we don't have cohesion when each of us is not sharing anything, how would we be able to coordinate a single, shared body? That is likely to end with a nonfunctional body with an excess of orders. So, by merging us all into the same body, you would be actually not only reducing the efficiency, but rendering us all pretty much useless.~

~we shall see!~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: March 30, 2014, 08:45:52 am »

~So, if it doesn't improve efficiency, what would you do? Keep pulling our souls around?~

~And I have a question about your very nature, Gub: Can you really hypothetize about future consequences? Because so far the answer seems to be negative. Either that or you are being stubborn.~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: March 30, 2014, 09:51:18 am »

~So, if it doesn't improve efficiency, what would you do? Keep pulling our souls around?~

~And I have a question about your very nature, Gub: Can you really hypothetize about future consequences? Because so far the answer seems to be negative. Either that or you are being stubborn.~

~we will give you different bodies if you prove sufficiently catastrophically inept for such a thing to be needed! and yes, we can hypothesize about the future! however, we are working with incomplete data! this shall be corrected soon enough!~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: March 30, 2014, 09:58:36 am »

~You need more data? Just wait and see how do Kevin and Mark fare in only one body, and how can they coordinate themselves, there is no need to move more people around~

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: March 30, 2014, 02:03:24 pm »

[Just to comment, I personally blame the sociopathic chick with the (probable) crush on Kevin for this. Or Art, it could of also been him considering his experience with this.

Also, good things are said in Gub giving Morton a choice. I think. It's hard to know where one stands with Gub. He may just be the odd one out.]

Morton didn't understand the full implications of what Gub was speaking of. The butler was always happy to cooperate with people, within reason of course. The term for it does draw some interest to mind, although he took it as nothing other than the Gub's eccentric nature coming across.

~I thank you for the offer, good group Gub, but I trust in good tailor Craig's abilities, and. I fear it would be unkind of me to promptly leave him as swiftly as I've arrived as well, especially if unannounced. I'm always happy to cooperate however, although might I ask who is on which team? I'd wish to be on the team I would be most helpful.~

"Sir Scott, there's no need to be rude. I'm sure if you discussed it with good tailor Craig, he may agree to go along, instead of, please pardon my language, incessant badgering." The butler all but wagged a finger at the ghost, his tone respectful yet disappointed, and then turned his attention back to the tailor.

"I apologize for my companion, and for my haste, it seems it would be wise to move on to the matter of tailoring, my presence seems like it will be soon needed elsewhere before long. Gub wishes to ferry us to work in teams soon."

Hesitant about and make points against changing bodies again, good with working in either team, curious who's on what team, chastise Scott, apologize for Scott and haste due to what seems to be his presence needed elsewhere soon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: March 30, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »

In the lair of a murderous rat...

Niklas tries to stab the rat in the vitals with all the strength in his body, which is admittedly limited.

[Niklas vs. Rat: 5-2 vs. 6]

He manages to severely misjudge the stab and nearly stab his own poor, abused little body! The rat, having been reminded of the need to kill its current chew toy, tries to finish the job with increasing ferocity.

[Counterattack: Rat vs. Niklas: 4 vs. 1]
[Rat vs. Niklas: 6 vs. 3]

Resuming its assault, it nibbles Niklas' left arm right off, and makes good progress on doing the same with his right arm as well! Niklas' knife slips out of his hand as the arm becomes a limply hanging bit of flesh. This rat is starting to feel a little dire to him, honestly.

At the site of a jolly bit of teamwork experimentation...

Sigmund is fairly sure he doesn't want to be rid of his absolutely wonderful new body, and does his very best to try and avoid getting ripped right out while simultaneously trying to convince the gub that there are probably better ideas for them to try rather than simply moving people willy-nilly.

~You need more data? Just wait and see how do Kevin and Mark fare in only one body, and how can they coordinate themselves, there is no need to move more people around.~

~we can't extrapolate from such a limited sample! that's not how rational inquiry works! time for some more testing!~

[the gub's magic roll: 4]
[Sigmund's will roll: 5]

Sigmund feels the gub's magic as it grabs its soul and pulls, but he manages to resist in a manner surprisingly similar to his attempts to survive inside the soul orb. It's all in the fear, Sigmund finds. It's the fear that keeps you alive.

~hm! will you keep resisting, sigmund, or must we knock you out to do this?~

Meanwhile, Art is perplexedly watching the way Mark and Kevin address him and the jelly, one another, the skies and the gods only know what else.

"You know, I'm thinking I should run, but it probably won't help, will it?"

A moment passes and he nods.

"Yeah, thought so."

[Art's magic roll: 6]

He begins to glow very pronouncedly, and the others present hear the gub mumble something unintelligible.

"Okay, so, you two want to be split away from each other? I think I have a spell that'd work," he then says, looking fairly concerned for the health of his two known friends.

At a nice terrace...

Scott continues his attempts to relay the information of the current situation to the tailor.

"They seem to be nigh omniscient beings trying to become omnipotent. NOW MOVE!"

"I'd rather not," Tailor Craig says. Scott guesses he'll have to keep playing hardball, then. Time to go in, full power!

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 5-1]

He presses Tailor Craig, but finds that he's really mostly moving the robe - Tailor Craig, probably out of modesty, seems to be trying to move with it, but he appears to have slightly overestimated his abilities on the matter in any case.

"I would really prefer it if you stopped doing that," the tailor says.

[the gub's magic roll: 1]

The pull on Scott's soul resumes, and somewhat mimics his inept handling of Tailor Craig - except the results feel decidedly more lethal in this case!

[Scott's will roll: 2]

"Hurk!" Scott says eloquently as his very soul starts to leak out of his ectoplasm, which would be best described as 'mildly unpleasant'.

~these ghost souls certainly are slippery!~

Morton, meanwhile, tries to straighten out his own business with the gub.

~I thank you for the offer, good group Gub, but I trust in good tailor Craig's abilities, and I fear it would be unkind of me to promptly leave him as swiftly as I've arrived as well, especially if unannounced. I'm always happy to cooperate however, although might I ask who is on which team? I'd wish to be on the team I would be most helpful.~

~one team currently includes kevin and mark, and possibly sigmund if all works well! the other we are less certain about! it will probably have scott on it, provided he does not suddenly and inexplicably expire before your very eyes! but joining a team requires body switching!~

Morton, slightly unaware of Scott's impending doom, turns to him with a disapproving look on his dirty rat face.

"Sir Scott, there's no need to be rude. I'm sure if you discussed it with good tailor Craig, he may agree to go along, instead of, please pardon my language, incessant badgering," he says. Scott sure looks sorry, or at least he seems to from what Morton can tell, so that's good. Continuing his business, he turns to Tailor Craig again.

"I apologize for my companion, and for my haste, it seems it would be wise to move on to the matter of tailoring, my presence seems like it will be soon needed elsewhere before long. Gub wishes to ferry us to work in teams soon."

"Yes, we probably should get you outfitted as quickly as possible. Follow me," Tailor Craig says, taking Morton into the building the terrace seems to belong to - inside, Morton can spot what seems like an improvised tailor's workshop - clothes delicately and tastefully arranged everywhere, even though this place otherwise looks more like an oversized, lavish living room. Tailor Craig quickly moves to a certain section of his supplies and provides a... is that a tiny dress? It seems rather immodest in its cut to Morton, strangely enough, and Tailor Craig doesn't look too confident in it being too appropriate for him either.

"I have had this for quite a while," he says, regarding the dress critically. "The noblewoman I originally made this for thought it was a little inappropriate for her wedding. Looking back, I slightly agree. Nevertheless, it's the only thing I have that might fit you. I normally don't work on people quite as small as you. Although I certainly could make you a new outfit, though that would take some time."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: March 30, 2014, 03:49:19 pm »

SIMULTANEOUS POST RTD UPDATE! HIGH FIVE!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: March 30, 2014, 05:32:15 pm »

Move on.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: March 30, 2014, 06:00:57 pm »

Mark nods "the main problem is that after we are split is that the Gub can just put us back together again. Is there a way to stop that?"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:24:57 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: March 30, 2014, 06:02:52 pm »

BITE RAT IN THROAT
BATTLE RAGE GAREDARETARRHEGST
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: March 30, 2014, 07:26:16 pm »

BITE RAT IN THROAT
BATTLE RAGE GAREDARETARRHEGST

((Question How are you fighting a rat and losing when you killed a bunch of guards with no problem.))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nunzillor

« Reply #9479 on: March 31, 2014, 02:11:01 am »

The dice are fickle and follow no man, woman, or previously undead abmonination.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:13:18 am by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 719