Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542782 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9990 on: August 04, 2014, 07:57:45 pm »

[I'm amused by how the group will be split: ghosts and demonics. Can't help but feel that may be the wizard's version of shirts or skins.]

The desk rotated slightly along the horizontal axis in agreement. "I believe that would indeed be most agreeable good mage Justine, most agreeable indeed! We'll have either option to fall onto should one fall through, although hopefully such won't be the case. I wish you the best of luck in your inspection, good mage Justine and good sir Scott. I believe this would be a good enough spot for regrouping afterwards, perhaps [insert next day phase: morning if night, noon if morning, night if noon]? Should you require us, we'll hopefully be conversing in the tower."

"Good tailor Craig, shall we put word to action?" Morton invited, the strange arms appearing once more from the desk's frame and doing a bowing, beckoning gesture to invite the demonological tailor to lead their exit.

"Should we head to the tower straight away, or perhaps bring the aforementioned token of good will? I believe water should be easily retrieved from a well, although a kitchen or kitchen like area may be slightly more of a bother. Perhaps a pleasant innkeeper will let us use it momentarily? I believe the tower occupants would excuse the slight delay for such." As tea apostle pondered as he floated besides the tailor, checking to see if his tea supplies are still kept and doing a minor inventory of his possessions, having forgotten what he fully kept on himself. He remembers sadly losing a few bottles, but he thinks he should have a few more, along with the tea leaves, herbs, kettle/pot. Oh, yes, and that stick, he believes he still has that. Perhaps the demonology book as well?

Agree with Justine, invite to move on with Craig. Ask Craig if they should just head straight away to the tower, or garner tea first. Recheck inventory, look around for a well or inn (or signs of such) as they float into town.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: August 05, 2014, 08:47:19 am »

"Yes, uhmmm, spread the love."
An unwelcome hug, though unexpected, was by no means the worst possible outcome. As such, Darren stays as he is, but tries to slowly turn around to see exactly who's getting friendly with him.

((Yeah, but what's a wizard touchdown?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: August 06, 2014, 06:09:38 am »

On a precipice at a reservoir...

Kevin decides to wait a few moments to see what this thing is going to do - it seems to be crawling over him for the moment, running some sort of antennae over his legs. After  It seems to be some kind of giant ant, Kevin thinks, until he is soundly disproven when the creature digs two sizable fangs into his belly. A horrible panic takes over the jester, followed by an immense relief when his legs go completely stiff, yet painless.

On one hand, he really needed that. On the other hand, he can't really move his legs anymore. So he picks up the creature with his arms and shoves it into the nearby water, which is something it definitely doesn't seem to enjoy at all. Kevin's... not entirely sure it can swim.

In an isolated chamber...

Sigmund, happy to be here and very much enjoying this new power, decides to step off this triumphant wave of good luck he's been having and not ride it out to the inevitable jagged rocks that will follow, and thinks real hard about his next move.

A few moments later, he realizes he doesn't really have any better ideas than just plunging his presence upwards and hoping for the best. After all, he can't see anything, or make an informed judgement of these matters.

In the guest wing of Castle Fenton...

Niklas goes on and checks out a random room, in this case the one he initially chose to stay at, and upon finding nothing terribly dangerous within, settles down to sleep, only to spend all night dreaming of Numbers for some reason. He looks way more handsome in Niklas' dreams for some reason. After this unconscious episode, he wakes in the morning, noticing a maid in his room. She seems to be glancing around nervously as she is examining the area, wiping away dust, though seemingly looking for something else as well.

She's also quite classically beautiful, he notes, with fairly large eyes, golden hair, reasonably well-proportioned and thick bones combined with a very womanly figure. Fairly young, but not overly so. Very easy on the eyes, though certainly not delicate.

In a refugee camp in Eckledun...

Scott quickly pops back in to seek affirmation for this idea he has.

"Do you want a fly-, er, float-by of local layouts, positions and storage or an in-depth reconnaissance on certain buildings or people?"

"Go for it," Justine says before getting distracted by Morton's agreement.

"I believe that would indeed be most agreeable good mage Justine, most agreeable indeed! We'll have either option to fall onto should one fall through, although hopefully such won't be the case. I wish you the best of luck in your inspection, good mage Justine and good sir Scott. I believe this would be a good enough spot for regrouping afterwards, perhaps at noon? Should you require us, we'll hopefully be conversing in the tower."

"Yes, quite."

"Good tailor Craig, shall we put word to action?"

"Indeed, no sense in wasting time."

And thus the two demonic creatures head out to the tower of the Black Circle, seeking

"Should we head to the tower straight away, or perhaps bring the aforementioned token of good will? I believe water should be easily retrieved from a well, although a kitchen or kitchen like area may be slightly more of a bother. Perhaps a pleasant innkeeper will let us use it momentarily? I believe the tower occupants would excuse the slight delay for such," he says, doing a mental inventory of his possessions. He finds that his tea supplies are still present on him, fortunately, along with a hateful stick and a book of demonology! And possibly something else he hasn't found yet. That's possible as well.

"It would be only polite to make tea, I'm sure," Tailor Craig agrees. "After all, did they really specify a time at which we should arrive?"

In Harlan's House of Hilarity and Harlotry...

Timothy, after righting himself to make the room and the lady less crooked, continues to speak with the woman. He still has exactly zero clue what she's saying, but it's not like that's stopped him from charming conversation before. She probably can understand what he's saying even less!

[Timothy's charisma roll: 3]

Although there is something to be said about a conversation consisting entirely of flirtatious non-sequiturs, Timothy's fairly sure he can't characterize such a conversation as 'moving along', exactly, given how he still doesn't know who this woman is or even what language she actually speaks.

In an empty room...

Darren is not quite prepared for surprise hugs, but he supposes surprise hugs are quite possibly the best kind of surprise he's encountered here yet.

"Yes, uhmmm, spread the love," he says, noticing that it seems to be the headless ghost hugging him. Feels very nice, he must say. That robe is soft and warm like nobody's business. Besides, the ghost seems to kind of like him for some reason.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: August 06, 2014, 07:05:05 am »

((Why do I feel like I should thank that ant-thing.))
Explore my rock outcrop
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:00:31 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: August 06, 2014, 07:18:11 am »

((Why do I feel like I should thank that ant-thing.))

It's more of a spider, really, as I forgot to tell you that you discovered as you threw it away.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: August 06, 2014, 07:35:39 am »

Carefully begin to make a hole over me, a few inches at a time, no big things yet.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: August 06, 2014, 12:18:42 pm »

Scott will covertly follow his desk-mate at a great height whilst memorising the layout of the city. His ultimate goal will be to map out the tower.
Hopefully he can phase through a wall or at least enter the highest window.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: August 06, 2014, 01:23:09 pm »

Hmm. Too bad I don't have a male body to resist temptation with anymore. You always seemed to like my resolve, Helsvar.

"Hello!"

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: August 06, 2014, 01:42:43 pm »

Hmm. Too bad I don't have a male body to resist temptation with anymore. You always seemed to like my resolve, Helsvar.

"Hello!"

The maid looks quite startled by your greeting.

"Er, sorry, ma'am! I was only checking for waspgoat eggs! I'll be leaving right away! Sorry to disturb you!"

She begins to make for the door.

"How timid! So unlike a proper woman."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: August 06, 2014, 01:44:10 pm »

Unfortunately so.

"No trouble!"
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: August 06, 2014, 04:11:46 pm »

Unfortunately so.

"No trouble!"

She disappears out of the room regardless.

"Ill-mannered, too!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: August 07, 2014, 04:27:55 am »

Well, there's no accounting for taste, I suppose. Southerners prefer their people meek and nonboisterous for some reason.

That said, check for waspgoat eggs. Wouldn't do for a new infestation to pop up...
Where I'm residing, that is.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: August 07, 2014, 04:31:04 am »

Well, there's no accounting for taste, I suppose. Southerners prefer their people meek and nonboisterous for some reason.

That said, check for waspgoat eggs. Wouldn't do for a new infestation to pop up...
Where I'm residing, that is.

There weren't any here last night, and the waspgoat had already gone away by that point. Besides, you're not sure if a goat can lay eggs all by itself. At least not eggs that have a reasonable chance of hatching.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: August 07, 2014, 04:32:59 am »

Ah good.
Try to remember if there's anything I have to bother getting up to do.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: August 07, 2014, 04:36:36 am »

Ah good.
Try to remember if there's anything I have to bother getting up to do.

You're not sure. You guess you're an ambassador - maybe you have some ambassing to do?
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 719