Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542832 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10440 on: March 01, 2015, 01:17:48 pm »

""I bet it was that witch on the hill who destroyed the bridge!" and "We should look out for any foreigners that could've helped her" style of thing. Needless to say, I didn't exactly feel like staying there."
I still find it funny you haven't noticed that you are in the body of a naked young pretty woman.
I may have forgotten the naked part.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: March 01, 2015, 01:27:31 pm »

I may have forgotten the naked part.

That's because you aren't. You've got a dress.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: March 01, 2015, 02:18:27 pm »

((Oh, phew. Also R.I.P. Niklas, it's sad to see you go.))
Kevin shrugs, hoping that this motion from his skeletal time might help with these intrusive thoughts.
"From very, very far away. It's probably closer than where I'm trying to go, though."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: March 01, 2015, 02:46:50 pm »

Kevin shrugs, hoping that this motion from his skeletal time might help with these intrusive thoughts.
"From very, very far away. It's probably closer than where I'm trying to go, though."

"Where are you trying to go, then?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: March 01, 2015, 03:12:56 pm »

((Oh don't worry, I'm interested in seeing how this game develops, even without me in it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: March 01, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »

[[We'll be sad when your replacement kills us all. :P
Normally I refuse to read other characters happenings to keep the disconnection realistic, but that last one was awesome.]]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:42:05 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: March 02, 2015, 05:21:42 am »

Kevin realized that saying you're out to go and abduct mages isn't a great thing to say.
"I was supposed to go to a refugee camp. Something terrible has happened in Mothdale. But I haven't a clue of where I am now, much less how I would get there."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: March 02, 2015, 08:37:35 am »

Mark follows his friends example mentally noting this being one of the stupidest things he had done but not seeing any other way to finding what the hell was going on

Also nooooo Goodbye Niklas I will miss your insanity causing incompetence and endless mad Viking fun
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: March 02, 2015, 12:46:58 pm »

Even if Niklas did succeed at destroying everything in a several mile radius, he would suffocate from a lack of air or he and the five by five by five (foot) cube of earth he was standing on would fall into the crater. Also, GM, have you considered "golem" as an archetype yet?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: March 02, 2015, 01:03:32 pm »

Even if Niklas did succeed at destroying everything in a several mile radius, he would suffocate from a lack of air or he and the five by five by five (foot) cube of earth he was standing on would fall into the crater. Also, GM, have you considered "golem" as an archetype yet?
((A zombie is basically a flesh golem))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: March 02, 2015, 02:29:57 pm »

((Atomizing, not destroying. I'd still have had air, and I don't think my form really needed it.
Also I worded the action so I'd destroy everything above ground.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: March 02, 2015, 03:49:29 pm »

[[You would be breathing in atoms of many things, you would prolly die of heavy metal toxicity or just have your lungs fill up with fluid due to all the wood/metal/stone mist that would form.  :P]]
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: March 04, 2015, 01:21:21 pm »

[You shall be missed, Niklas]

Morton returned to the group. "Friends, I do believe we can find oth--oh, we're jumping across?" The desk supposed such is as it will be now, seeing Wilma having made it across. "Right, I shall be across in a moment." He feels it would be wise not to just attempt to float across, but he is curious.

Morton will float up as high as he can, bringing out his strange and many arms once more. He'll catch onto the ground and try to stretch the arms over to the nearest wooden platform, trying to get a grasp and see if he can sort of hoist himself across via pushing, pulling, and floating over there without touching the pink. If nothing seems to be trying to drag him down into the pink, he'll just float across onto the platform.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: March 06, 2015, 05:18:16 pm »

In the primordial woods...

Scott tries to decipher the origin of this scene of obvious foul sorcery, consulting his encyclopedic knowledge of Velusian and Pacitarian worship, since the others don't seem to be likely suspects. He immediately concludes that there's no real way to tell much about this scene aside from the obvious fact that whatever it was that's supposed to take place here has already happened. There's no ritual objects and scant evidence of human activity. If they went anywhere, Scott couldn't really say where, as there's no tracks. Whoever was here didn't feel the need to leave any clues for future generations to decipher their movements. Might have been ghosts. Might have been assassins. Might have just been very crafty peasants.

Outside the ruins of Eckledun...

Sigmund keeps on trying to get himself out of his little jam with the ground. First he attempts to reassert the rule that it really shouldn't be possible for two objects to occupy the exact same space. The universe, it seems, agrees heartily, and stops that noncommittal vibrating and just launches Sigmund into the air. Problem solved!

[Landing roll: 4-1]

Being a badger, Sigmund is not particularly well-suited to falling, and it does show as he lands rump-first on the ground.

[Endurance roll: 6]

It hurts like hell and it's painful to walk for a moment afterward, but Sigmund counts it as a successful landing, given that he doesn't need a new body yet.

Outside the home of a strange man...

Kevin tries to explain.

"I was supposed to go to a refugee camp. Something terrible has happened in Mothdale. But I haven't a clue of where I am now, much less how I would get there," he half-lies. Fortunately, Edgar seems to be going for it.

"Oh! We had refugees a while back! They went west," says he. "Not sure where, but west. Over the... uh, bridge, through the village and away. Does that help?"

In an alleyway in Eckledun...

Mark, getting into the spirit of desperate stupidity, makes his very first attempt at platforming.

[Mark's agility roll: 4]

Making a much nicer leap than Wilma, he lands on a lily pad, which bounces him easily over the pond. The landing, though...

[Mark's endurance roll: 3]

... is a bit painful, taking away his breath and making him need a little bit of a break before moving again. Wilma, heartened by this outcome, gives the jump another shot.

[Wilma's agility roll: 2]

She has a false start, throwing herself off rhythm in the middle of the run and stopping just shy of the jump, then retreating to catch her breath a little.

"Okay, I can do this. I need to do this," she reassures herself.

Morton, though not sure this is a good idea in any way, shape or form, floats up to the roofs of the surrounding houses and projects several appendages to grab onto architecture on the opposite side and pull himself forth. This proves unnecessary, as the float across seems to have been utterly unimpeded by the pink, as disappointing as that might be. On the other hand, Morton does notice that the alleyway leading out on the other side does appear to go on for quite a bit longer than expected - why, it seems almost a mile long, like a very tiny street of sorts.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: March 07, 2015, 02:36:13 am »

Using the lay of the land scott will travel in the direction he estimates Eckledun is.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:19:32 am by Innsmothe »
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 719