Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50337 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 10 IS UP*
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »

Falvich will wear the rings, for better or for worse, and start fleeing again. This can't be good...This definitely can't be good.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 10 IS UP*
« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2012, 10:51:29 pm »

TURN 11

Juba Freedmen
Catch the half ogre and shout at him to follow me then head off the battlefield as fast as possible grabbing any loot possible on the way without stopping.
The half ogre ignores Juba so he just decides to run for it [4+3] He quickly finds his way out into the meadow from before, after grabbing a [3] a chipped dagger.

Derm
To the wall! Climb the wall!
Derm [5] sprints over to the large stone wall begins the climb. [1] He leaps up to the first handhold but falls right down again, stunning him briefly.

Gweg Kenson
Gweg turns to the elf. "Only one question really matters: Friend or foe?"

Attack anyone who attacks me first.

Gweg turns to the elf, but is completely ignored as the elf puts on two rings and begins screaming wildly as his hand bursts into flames. Gwegs quickly checks his surroundings [6] and realizes 5 of the heavily armored soldiers are heading towards him from the left and front.

Atla
((I rolled for the weapon when I looked at it? Oh.))
Turn towards the soldiers and ready my halberd, but don't wield it in a threatening manner. Address them and ask them what intentions they bear. Go to ground amongst the dead. Motion for my golem to take cover before they can see him.
[4] Atla quickly drops down before any of the soldiers notice. [4] His golem quickly dives to cover as well as the soldiers bear down on them. The one in the lead stops just a few feet from Atla, searching for any movement.

Groz Talvor
"You ain't gettin' me! Use magic to move superfast away from the soldiers until they're far away, then eat the nearest edible thing (this includes corpses) to replenish reserves.
[6-1+1=6] Groz conjures up a wormhole and dives through it. Within half a second Groz regains consciousness and falls several feet onto something made of rock.

Falvich
Falvich will wear the rings, for better or for worse, and start fleeing again. This can't be good...This definitely can't be good.
Falvich continues to ignore the half ogre and puts on the rings. [1] First off his right hand bursts into flame and begins screaming in pain. [4] The ring on his left hand starts to heal the wound.

A Bunch of Heavily Armored Soldiers
Quote from: Heavily Armored Soldier
Find and kill the survivors!

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla's Golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:54:55 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 11 IS UP*
« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2012, 11:09:28 pm »

AGH OH GOD, TAKE OFF THE BURNING RING...Better. Now, shout a "Hail Mary", and get out of this blasted battleground.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2012, 11:11:37 pm »

Up the damn wall.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2012, 04:35:30 am »

Assess my surroundings then staying on the edge of the battlefield gather up as much equipment as possible from the bodies, keep an eye out for the enemy soldiers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:41:38 am by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2012, 06:23:12 am »

"Who are you and what are you doing?"
Attack the soldiers ifwhen they attack me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2012, 08:25:17 am »

Conjure a flesh golem directly behind them from the corpses littering the field, and have it attack them. If an INTACT GOLEM is successfully created, order it to attack them. All of this is done without leaving cover.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2012, 09:08:58 am »

Assess surroundings(where I am, if anyone is there, etc). Put on the robe and check the ring for curses.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »

Sorry guys, won't have the time to write a turn for a while.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2012, 01:38:55 pm »

'S cool man, I'll just go and play some WC3 while I wait.

...And maybe some M&B.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TURN 12

Falvich
AGH OH GOD, TAKE OFF THE BURNING RING...Better. Now, shout a "Hail Mary", and get out of this blasted battleground.
[6] Still screeching in pain Falvich tears off the ring and shouts to the sky [3] "THANK GOD THAT'S OVER!" and runs, completely ignoring the half ogre once again. [5] Falvich quickly runs through the battleground his hand no longer in pain. He should get out in one turn.

Derm
Up the damn wall.
[2] Derm jumps up and grabs for the first ledge, but starts to fall [3] luckily he is able to hold on. He begins to climb again and realizes this may take a while. Soon, Derm comes across a spot where the nearest handhold he can see is 5 feet away.

Juba Freedmen
Assess my surroundings then staying on the edge of the battlefield gather up as much equipment as possible from the bodies, keep an eye out for the enemy soldiers.
Walking along the perimeter of the battlefield there are hardly any corpses nearby, [3] though Juba does manage to scavenge a sock. [6] Soon though he spots a fire in the distance surrounded by several small huts. It looks to be a camp.

Gweg Kenson
"Who are you and what are you doing?"
Attack the soldiers ifwhen they attack me.

[2] Gweg calls out to the soldiers but they ignore him and continue to approach. Suddenly, one of them attacks  [2 vs. 2+1+1=4] But Gweg rolls out of the way. Gweg quickly counters swinging his greatsword at [4] the knight's head [5+1=6 vs. 2-2=0] Gweg's sword crashes into the soldier's helmet full force. [1+2+1=4 vs. 5+?=?] But the knight merely staggers backward a couple steps.

Atla
Conjure a flesh golem directly behind them from the corpses littering the field, and have it attack them. If an INTACT GOLEM is successfully created, order it to attack them. All of this is done without leaving cover.
[5 vs. 4] [4 vs. 1] Atla and his golem manages to continue blending in as Atla begins to conjure up a flesh golem behind the knights. [6] The flesh golem is quickly formed and it immediately charges the nearest knight. [2 vs 6-2=4] But the knight sidesteps the fierce attack and whirls his sword around to slash the golem in half [4 vs. 2] The sword [6+?=? vs. 6] cuts into the flesh golems side, but it is left mostly unaffected.

Groz Talvor
Assess surroundings(where I am, if anyone is there, etc). Put on the robe and check the ring for curses.
[4-1=3] Glancing around, while still dizzy from his trip he notices he is sitting in the middle of a crowd of people who seem to be staring at him. Ignoring them, he pulls on his body part-lined robe and checks the ring. [4] It looks to be enchanted, not cursed.

A Bunch of Heavily Armored Soldiers
Quote from: Heavily Armored Soldier
Slaughter the survivors!

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla's Golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:23:31 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 12 IS UP*
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2012, 02:59:02 pm »

Falvich will continue to run out of here. And...He...Well, let's...I...He'll loot something on the way, -1 modifier be damned.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2012, 03:00:34 pm »

Put my foot where my hand is now and leap upwards toward it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2012, 03:04:15 pm »

I have no armor, am outnumbered, and have no motivation past survival to fight...

Escape. I'm taller than these guys, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2012, 04:33:15 pm »

Is it an enchantment that will cause harm to me? If yes, don't put the ring on. If not, wear it.
Stand up and inquire as to who these people are.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43