Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50301 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 14 IS UP*
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2012, 04:09:35 am »

Kill the dog before it can bark.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2012, 08:03:27 am »

Make sure the armored soldiers are gone. If so, sneak off the battlefield.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2012, 10:42:33 am »

Falvich is going to grumble, and try again...

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TURN 15

Atla
Look around the camp and see if anyone is lurking about. Loot everything immediately in sight if I can't see any people wandering about. Ready my spear for a good toss should the need arise.
Atla slowly walks into the camp with his golem behind him, [3] he checks the nearest hut and finds a group of ten, maybe twenty human men lying in small beds, they all appear to be wounded. [1 vs. 6] They don't seem to have noticed him yet.

Derm
Well get to it then.
[3] Derm quickly pulls himself over the battlements and finds himself atop a thirty foot wall. He looks around and spots several human soldiers to his right and left.

Groz Talvor
Inspect self. If wounded, fix. If not, explain that it's just my insurance policy and repeat my query for information regarding location, brief description of recent troubles and who I'd talk to about that. Basically,
Groz will reply, "Why I'm me of course! No harm to you, and you are you of course! Merchants or something. Where am I, incidentally? Also preferred would be a short description of the land's history and any recent troubles and who I'd talk to about that. That's what nonadventurers do, right?
Groz opens his robe [2] only to realize it was blood dripping from one of his many organs, and he's just showed his collection to the crowd in front of him. He pulls his robe around him once more and asks for information regarding location and a brief description of recent troubles. [2] The man just shakes his head horrified and runs.

Juba Freedmen
Kill the dog before it can bark.
[2] Juba swings low at the dog, only to realize it isn't just a dog. [5+3 vs. 5+?=?] The blade [3+2=5 vs. 3] cuts into the creatures leg causing it to stumble briefly. The creature lunges at Juba [2 vs. 3] but he's able to roll out of the way.

Gweg Kenson
Make sure the armored soldiers are gone. If so, sneak off the battlefield.
The armored soldiers appear to be gone, so Gweg stands and hurries toward the edge of the battlefield, [5] within a few minutes he bursts out of the fog into a meadow.

Falvich
Falvich is going to grumble, and try again...
[2] Falvich searches another 100 yards to the south and finds no villages.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla's Golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:02:56 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 15 IS UP*
« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2012, 01:54:39 pm »

"Oh fer - YOU PANSIES! THAT'S JUST MY INSURANCE!"
Groz uses magic to enchant his voice so that commands made by him must be obeyed by all who hear it except him.
"Now, where am I have there been any recent troubles about, and who could I talk to about that?"

((I find it exceedingly funy that everyone else is/was fighting/running for their lives and I'm conversing with merchants.))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:00:37 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2012, 01:55:45 pm »

Search for a way down the other side.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #231 on: November 04, 2012, 03:01:57 pm »

Slaughter them all with my halberd. No one will notice a little extra screaming. Have my golem wait just inside the entrance to ambush anyone who walks in on me executing the wounded. Once they're dead, pile the bodies, loot them for armour or baubles, and create a flesh golem.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2012, 04:34:33 pm »

Finish it off, cut off it's head.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

I won't be able to post for 3 or 4 hours so don't expect a turn before then.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »

VILLAGE. FIND. Continue on this epic journey!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2012, 06:56:42 pm »

Locate a village or something. A place with food and shelter.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »

TURN 16

Groz Talvor
"Oh fer - YOU PANSIES! THAT'S JUST MY INSURANCE!"
Groz uses magic to enchant his voice so that commands made by him must be obeyed by all who hear it except him.
"Now, where am I have there been any recent troubles about, and who could I talk to about that?"

((I find it exceedingly funny that everyone else is/was fighting/running for their lives and I'm conversing with merchants.))
[2+1=3] Groz calls out, affecting only the man beside him who responds, "Ummmmmm, there really aren't any troubles, I mean, a dwarf recently came by with a robe full of human organs but..." [5] Groz hears a loud clattering of metal down the street.

Derm
Search for a way down the other side.
[5] Derm quickly spots a tower to his left with two guards beside it, to his right is another guard and tower, or he could jump and hope for the best.

Atla
Slaughter them all with my halberd. No one will notice a little extra screaming. Have my golem wait just inside the entrance to ambush anyone who walks in on me executing the wounded. Once they're dead, pile the bodies, loot them for armour or baubles, and create a flesh golem.
[6] Atla swiftly slaughters [1d20=18] 18 of the wounded as his golem waits beside the entrance, two survive and begin screaming for help. Seeing as they are all in a hospital they are clothed in well, nothing and thus have nothing on their corpses. [1] Suddenly 5 human soldiers barge into the hut before the iron golem is able to react.

Juba Freedmen
Finish it off, cut off it's head.
[4+3=7 vs. 5+?=?] The creature dodges out of the way of Juba strike and lunges for his right elbow [6 vs. 2] [6 vs. 1] the creature latches on causing a jolt of pain up Juba's right elbow, the creature yanks it's head back, tearing a chunk of flesh off of his elbow.

Falvich
VILLAGE. FIND. Continue on this epic journey!
[3] Falvich eventually comes across a cobblestone road, it looks like it may lead to a town or village of some kind.

Gweg Kenson
Locate a village or something. A place with food and shelter.
Gweg [6] searches around and suddenly finds himself in front of a town's gatehouse.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla's Golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:46:49 pm by Urist McBeanie »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 16 IS UP*
« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2012, 08:46:32 pm »

Keep attacking but use the pommel of my blades to incapacitate it without killing it.

(( Wtf how big a bonus does that thing have and how did it's teeth just go through my mail armor? ))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:13:41 pm by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »

Long, sharp teeth and/or magic.

Ahem.
Knock on the gate and ask to be let in.
Sig

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2012, 08:49:15 pm »

((All it needs is a 2 and it is capable of dodging, and your elbow is unarmored, you only have gloves and a hauberk that protect your hands and shoulder.))

Spoiler: Mail Hauberk (click to show/hide)
Your elbow could definitely be exposed.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43