Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50295 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 26 IS UP*
« Reply #330 on: November 09, 2012, 12:20:10 am »

((Classy, derm. *applauds* ;D))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 09, 2012, 01:30:42 am »

Aren't Dwemer tall, white-haired and...Elfy? I keep forgetting!

Falvich will ask the shop-keeper if he can see the..."Specially reserved" wares.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 09, 2012, 02:03:47 am »

TURN 27

Juba Freedmen
Brake the hounds damned legs with the hilts of my swords or my mailed fists, bang it on the head if I get the chance.
[2-1=1 vs. 4+2=6] From Juba's downed position, the hell hound is easily able to evade his futile attempts to attack. [4 vs. 3-1=2] The hound leaps onto Juba once more and attempts to bite his throat [4 vs. 6-1=5] Juba lucks out once again and his throat remains intact. Juba swings [2-1=1 vs. 6+2=8] for the hound's head but it dodges out of the way and attacks once more [3 vs. 5-1=4] The hound's tooth snags in one of the links of the chain and pulls off most of the chain links surrounding Juba's throat.

Derm
See what all this caravan to Harraspor business is about. Check out what all is in the city.

Derm looks around and [4] discovers a map nearby. There seems to be most things that would be expected of a city this size. A blacksmith, mage's shop, barracks, pawn shop, town square, message board, etc. But no scrapyard. Derm decides to go to the town square's message board to look for information. [4] He's in luck! They're looking for one more person to protect the caravan.

Gweg Kenson
Of course.

Find a piece of paper. Copy down the info on the sheet. Head to the guardhouse place to get my sword and shield back. Leave town, find bandits.
Gweg finds a nearby sheet of paper and copies down the info, then he goes to the barracks and briefly acknowledges the dwarf at the front door, he avoids the encounter and asks another guard for his weapons, the guard from before comes of the side door. [3] "Erm... I'm going to have to ask that you exit the gates, then your weapons will be returned to you."

Groz Talvor
"Are the townsfolk not the sheep, and you the shepards? If you want me to vocalize it in your lingo, there's been a complaint against him and I mean to see if it's true. Is the guard here, perchance, because you just confirmed his existence."
[2] "Of course, and on who's authority?" ((Remember talking is no longer an action. You can chat as long as you want then choose your action once the conversation is over.))

Atla
See if I can detect any hexes upon the scroll. If there are hostile magics upon the scroll, toss it back in the chest and move on. If there aren't any traps on it, have Hans open the scroll, and if he doesn't explode, thank him, grab it, and read it myself.
Atla doesn't detect anything, though that doesn't mean nothing is there. So he orders Hans to open the scroll, [3] there's a small shower of sparks and a note pops out, nothing more, perhaps it was just meant to ward off any fools who thought it would be a good idea to read it. Atla retreives the note and scroll and begins to read the note.
Arch Mage Garreth,
It has come to my attention that a certain scroll has come into your position that may be of interest to me and my subordinates, I would ask that you please provide me with it in exchange for the accompanying scroll. Do we have a deal?

Signed, Vemalaaz

Falvich
Falvich will ask the shop-keeper if he can see the..."Specially reserved" wares.
  Falvich asks the shop keeper, "Hey, where are your, Specially reserved wares?" [1] Visibly startled by Flavich, the mage spins, "What are you talking about, elf! You think I am some black market dealer?!?! Or is that what you had hoped, Spawn of Vemalaaz?!?! Hoping to learn my secrets?!!!!?! Do you wish to steal from me?!???! HMMMMMMM!?!!?!?"

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 27 IS UP*
« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2012, 02:32:52 am »

Keep an eye out for scrolls Hans old buddy. Move on to the next tent, using our strategy of bait and switch until we encounter something useful, conspicuous, dangerous, or alive.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 09, 2012, 06:37:52 am »

(( Uhm why do I have a -1 to attacking? ))

Get up and cripple the damned dog.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 09, 2012, 06:42:17 am »

((Because you're on the ground flat on your back... it's sort of difficult to fight with no leverage.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 09, 2012, 06:44:59 am »

(( Dunno against a dog you could catch it's legs easier from the ground then standing up. This damned dog is annoying me every dodge it rolls is high even without the bonus. ))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 09, 2012, 10:22:43 am »

Go apply for caravan duty.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 09, 2012, 11:10:05 am »

"Fair enough."

Head to the gate with the guard carrying my gear. Exit gate, retrieve gear, bid the guard good day and head for the bandits.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 09, 2012, 12:34:00 pm »

Falvich will mutter

"I know about the incident. We know about it. If you want to keep every limb on your body intact, I highly suggest that you give Our agencies...A bit of lee-way. We don't forgive twice.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 09, 2012, 01:04:06 pm »

((I know; my action depends on the conversation result.))
"One of your noble citizenry, hoping the guard of this ... city would protect them, was instead robbed of his wares in broad daylight. I think. Anyway, I just need to talk to a guard with a beard and a scar over his blind white eye."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 09, 2012, 02:55:21 pm »

"Fine... go ahead in, We don't have the time to find him for you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 09, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »

"Ah, time, always opening one door or another."
Go into the guardshouse, look for the guard.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 09, 2012, 10:31:06 pm »

TURN 28

Atla
Keep an eye out for scrolls Hans old buddy. Move on to the next tent, using our strategy of bait and switch until we encounter something useful, conspicuous, dangerous, or alive.
Atla, heads into the next tent, [6] immediately inside, there is a table, a scroll on top of it alongside a few other shiny trinkets.

Juba Freedmen
(( Uhm why do I have a -1 to attacking? ))

Get up and cripple the damned dog.
Juba begins to stand and the hellhound attacks, [2 vs. 1-1=0] [5 vs. 4+1=5] The hound scrapes Juba's boot but is not damaged significantly. Juba [5 vs. 4+2=6] stomps where the dog's leg was a few moments ago. The hound lunges for Juba's throat once more [4 vs. 5] but Juba steps out of the way.

Derm
Go apply for caravan duty.
Derm checks the address on the sheet and heads off toward the town's east gate. Eventually he comes across a covered wagon surrounded by 3 armed men and another clothed in a gaudy tunic, this looks to be the caravan Derm is looking for.

Gweg Kenson
"Fair enough."

Head to the gate with the guard carrying my gear. Exit gate, retrieve gear, bid the guard good day and head for the bandits.
Gweg exits the town and turns, the guard tosses his sword and shield to him and Gweg heads for the bandit's camp.

Falvich will mutter

"I know about the incident. We know about it. If you want to keep every limb on your body intact, I highly suggest that you give Our agencies...A bit of lee-way. We don't forgive twice.

[2] "I REFUSE TO NEGOTIATE!" The mage whips his hand around and a bolt a flame strikes Falvich in the chest, the flame dissipates on contact and Falvich remembers his ring.

Groz Talvor
"Ah, time, always opening one door or another."
Go into the guardshouse, look for the guard.
The guards step aside and Groz enters the barracks. [4] Upon entering, he immediately notices a hooded man, with a beard reaching to his waist, the hood conceals the rest of his face.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 28 IS UP*
« Reply #344 on: November 09, 2012, 10:33:37 pm »

Continue attacking, shatter it's legs or knock it out.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43