Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50274 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 39 IS UP*
« Reply #465 on: November 30, 2012, 05:28:31 pm »

'Blast! This would have been so much easier if he had just been dead....'
((Apostrophes meaning internal monologue if accompanied, and muttering if alone.))

"Oh! I was just checking for lice. I'm a doctor, you see. Just woke up. Where am I, exactly?"
((Purple meaning lie.))

Keep up conversation until an opportunity presents itself, then try to drain his strength. Slowly, of course. Imperceptibly, if possible.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 39 IS UP*
« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2012, 01:32:43 am »

TURN 40

Gweg Kenson
Attack the bandit in front of me!
Cut off his head if possible; slash across the chest if not.

[1+1=2 vs. 2] [2+2+1=5 vs. 3] Gweg swings at the bandit with his greatsword and slices his chest. The bandit howls in rage and swings a shortsword [2 vs. 2+1=3] but misses. Gweg swings again [3+1=4 vs. 3] [3+2+1=6 vs. 4] and slashes him across the chest. This time though, he backs away clutching his chest as blood pours down. [4 vs. 5+1=6] [4 vs. 4+1=5] The next two bandits in line swing but Gweg blocks both with his shield.

@ <--This is Gweg
||
||
||               |

||

Calenmiriel
Move through the woods as quickly as possible, keep an eye and ear out for people, roads, towns, camps etc.
[5] Calenmiriel hurries through the woods while keeping low as to remain stealthy. Eventually, she comes across a road, perpendicular to the direction she had gone.

Groz Talvor
Cast a shield that will absorb the kenetic energy of any projectile that contacts it, effectively stopping it, before calling out to the figure from the shadows, using magic to cast my voice so it comes from the shadows opposite me.
"Nice work there. Who might you be?"
[1-1=0] Groz fails to conjure even a sliver of the shield, and attempts to displace his voice as he calls out [2-1=1] His voice comes from the shadow beside him. The figure pulls a lantern off his belt and quickly lights it before checking the shadows. [6 vs. 1] He spots Groz and he realizes it was the hooded dwarf. "It was me, troll-dung. Who else!"

Atla
GTFO.
[6] Atla successfully gets the **** out, running away from the camp.

Juba Freedmen
Draw my sword and keep it ready, attempt to tame the hell hound again, first naturally then if that fails with magic.
Juba draws his sword, [3-1=2] [3-1-1=1] and fails to tame the hellhound by natural and magical means.

Derm
"What's all the fuss about, then?" Investigate!
Derm hurries over to where the archer is lying, his arm is sitting on the ground amidst a large pool of blood. The archer seems to have gone into shock by now and the other two guards are attempting to staunch the bleeding. [1-2=-1] [5-2=3] one of them tears off his cloth tunic's sleeve and wraps it around the archers bicep [4] he ties it as tight as he can and the blood flow slows slightly. The merchant hops out of the caravan and hurries up the hill.

Falvich
Falvich will search for some sort of list, magical or not, detailing what books are kept well! Er, did I say search? I MEANT LOOT, OBVIOUSLY!
In a cabinet beside the chair [2+1=3] Falvich manages to find a list, detailing a few books, these notes seem to have been written by the mage Falvich killed.

I have found an odd collection contained in the library under my shop. They all seem to have been written by a man named Ilasuig, an odd fellow to say the least. I have written down some information about them below.

An Expose of the Earldoms' Ideological Miracles
This book is of average clarity because of the excellent, well-planned chapters that compensate for a lack of coherent planning. With a bit of reading, it will be revealed that it has no useful information.

The City's Military Chronicles
This book is practically incomprehensible thanks to there being no coherent organization whatsoever. A talented person may be able to derive some understanding from the book and find it is reasonably useful. After a quick examination, one will find that the contents have a few areas of deep insight.

The Sex Life of The Cockatrice
This book is all but impossible to understand mostly due to terrible diagrams. After a considerable effort to figure out what the book is actually trying to saying, one will find it has a lot useful information. Despite its good traits, the contents are less than original.

On the Recent Notables of the Territories
This book is very easy to understand because of extensive references. This clarity allows one to determine that it is reasonably useful.

Essential Dark Arts
This book is muddled. With some work, a person can make sense of the book, which will reveal it has little useful information. At least the contents have moments of intriguing originality.

Most interesting...

Xarius
'Blast! This would have been so much easier if he had just been dead....'
((Apostrophes meaning internal monologue if accompanied, and muttering if alone.))

"Oh! I was just checking for lice. I'm a doctor, you see. Just woke up. Where am I, exactly?"
((Purple meaning lie.))

Keep up conversation until an opportunity presents itself, then try to drain his strength. Slowly, of course. Imperceptibly, if possible.
[2] You chat for a while with the other prisoner but no opportunities arise. He tells you that you are in the prison in a town called Ferovale, it is ruled by Earl Roland, a vassal of King Kemar.

The Sun has risen...

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:40:26 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 40 IS UP*
« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2012, 01:49:06 am »

"I would've thought we were supposed to interrogate the fecker, but I suppose what's done is done. Remember, I get first pick of his valuables."
Search the smuggler and anything he had that could've contained loot. Can't remember if he arrived in a cart, but if so, search that too.
"Also, I'd be much obliged if you could lead me to the lord of the city once we're done here."
(Can you update my location, GM?)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2012, 02:12:54 am »

Look up and down the road for anything notable and if I notice something head towards it, off the side of the road in the woods, be sneaky. If I don't see anything, look carefully at the road and look for footprints or wheel tracks, head in the direction that the most recent prints or tracks are heading.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 03, 2012, 05:10:41 am »

Continue trying.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:48 am »

Keep waiting for an opportunity. If nothing else, try to burn out his organs, I need the exterior intact.

'It would be oh so convenient if he were to take a piss in the corner about now..... A pox on luck.'
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:34 am »

Keep killing bandits.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2012, 07:48:08 am »

"Push off, let me look at it."

I'm a doctor! *Holds up chainsaw*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2012, 09:15:34 am »

Look around.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:43 am »

Falvich will hunt down and read the "On the Recent Notables of the Territories"!

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 05, 2012, 06:01:46 pm »

TURN 41

Groz Talvor
"I would've thought we were supposed to interrogate the fecker, but I suppose what's done is done. Remember, I get first pick of his valuables."
Search the smuggler and anything he had that could've contained loot. Can't remember if he arrived in a cart, but if so, search that too.
"Also, I'd be much obliged if you could lead me to the lord of the city once we're done here."
(Can you update my location, GM?)
[1] Groz checks the smugglers pockets and doesn't find anything useful. He checks the cart [1] and it turns out to be empty. The hooded dwarf checks as well, "A decoy," he mutters. "The smuggler is going to find a different location once he doesn't return," he puts his boot against the corpse and wrenches his axe from the "smuggler's" skull. "And why should I take you to the Earl, when you haven't done anything useful at this point?"

Calenmiriel
Look up and down the road for anything notable and if I notice something head towards it, off the side of the road in the woods, be sneaky. If I don't see anything, look carefully at the road and look for footprints or wheel tracks, head in the direction that the most recent prints or tracks are heading.
[5] Calenmiriel looks up and down the road and notices a wagons tracks, so she heads off in that direction.

Juba Freedmen
Continue trying.
[4-1=3] [4-1=3] Juba fails to tame the hellhound again.

Xarius
Keep waiting for an opportunity. If nothing else, try to burn out his organs, I need the exterior intact.

'It would be oh so convenient if he were to take a piss in the corner about now..... A pox on luck.'
Eventually [4] he spots something of an opportunity and [2] Xarius slowly begins to drain his strength. The other prisoner looks around and yawns.

Gweg Kenson
Keep killing bandits.
[3+1=4 vs. 5] Gweg swings at the bandit to his right but misses as the bandit to his left seizes the opportunity. [4 vs. 4+1=5] But Gweg is able to duck out of the way and counter attacks [2+1=3 vs. 2] [1+1+2=4 vs. 6] But the attack was too slow and merely sliced a bit of fabric off of the bandits tunic. The Bandit attacks [3 vs. 3+1=4] But Gweg avoids the attack as two more bandits step in front of him

@ <--This is Gweg
||||

||               |

||

Derm
"Push off, let me look at it."

I'm a doctor! *Holds up chainsaw*
[5] Derm shoves the other guards out of the way. [6+1+1=8] He manages to pull all the bandit's weapons into his arms and creates an arcane chainsaw using Magitechnology. And holds it up.

Atla
Look around.
Atla spots what looks to be a town in the distance.

Falvich
Falvich will hunt down and read the "On the Recent Notables of the Territories"!
[1] Falvich spots the author's name and grabs the book without checking the title, upon opening the book it appears he accidently grabbed The Sex Life of The Cockatrice Falvich is scarred for life.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 41 IS UP*
« Reply #476 on: December 05, 2012, 06:07:59 pm »

Falvich, now scarred will go back upstairs and loot the mage's body!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 05, 2012, 06:10:33 pm »

Continue taming.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 05, 2012, 06:12:14 pm »

I-

Wh-

You have no idea what you're doing, are you?

Practice chainsaw based medicine
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 05, 2012, 06:15:13 pm »

'This is getting me nowhere!'
Try to find a blunt object. If that fails, pry one of the legs off the bed. Proceed to animate it. If that fails, simply beat him over the head with it.

((Well, it's do or die. If I fail those actions, it's a slow death by rape strangulation for Xarius.))
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43