Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50298 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[ acronym=Insert Acronym Here]String with Acronym Attached[/acronym]

Without the space between the first bracket and "acronym="

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Like this?

Ypu.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can see it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

'Not bad, newbie. I might just keep this guy around.'

Blast the warden with a bolt of shadow/black/arcane/necromantic magic. Resurrect him, try to keep his face intact.

((I personally would call it any of the last three, but up to you.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 46 IS UP*
« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2012, 05:33:52 pm »

TURN 47

Juba Freedmen
Run!!!!!! Run like a band of insane murderers are chading you.
[1 vs. 6-2=4] No matter how fast Juba trys to flee, it seems as if he is making no progress. Glancing back, he realizes the warriors are closing in on him rapidly.

Groz Talvor
"I swear I will find the carpenter who made those and make him have pain. Now, what have we here?"
Look in the cabinet, collecting anything useful or interesting, and then magically make the door transparent to me. Make sure nothing is on the other side.
[2] The cabinet has a few torn clothes and the like inside, nothing useful. Groz then turns to the door and [4] warps reality, there is no one behind the door, it is a rectangular shaped room, to the left is a staircase leading down, on the right are two closed doors.

Derm
"Ah, mysterious shadowy group, possibly illict! Perfect, seems like my week is planning itself out. I'll check that out later, need to invent me some gizmos!"

To the scrapyard!
[5] Derm hears a few people talking about the scrapyard, and so he follows them, eventually, he reaches a small hut at the corner of the town, behind it is a massive field of metal junk.

Calenmiriel
"Great."

Follow the stable-master, as we walk, learn what I can about the city, preferably without talking to anyone.
Calenmiriel follows Mae'oal, as she walks through the city, [3] she hears small blips of conversations, the city is called Harraspor, apparently there are gladiatorial fights that anyone can join, as long as they have an endorsement. She also hears a rumor, about a wealthy guild leader with more enemies than allies. Rumors also say that he has great admiration for the nobles and officials of this place. He stays at home most of the time. Eventually, after a few failed attempts of conversation by Mae'oal, they reach the butcher. "I'll be waiting out here for you," the stable-master says as he points you to the door.

Gweg Kenson
What's Afgi? You promised info on it in the Enemies spoiler, but there wasn't any.

I knew I should have skipped the honor crap...
Grab the human's shield arm.
[4 vs. 2] [6+1=7 vs. 3+1=4] Gweg swings his arm out and catches the bandit leaders shield arm in his grip. [1] Noser fails to take the initiative as he trys in vain to pull his shield arm free. "YOU WILL NOT TAKE IT FROM ME!"

Xarius
'Not bad, newbie. I might just keep this guy around.'

Blast the warden with a bolt of shadow/black/arcane/necromantic magic. Resurrect him, try to keep his face intact.

((I personally would call it any of the last three, but up to you.))
Xarius flings a bolt of [5] black magic at the warden, [4 vs. 1] it strikes him in the stomach, searing his insides. Reacting somewhat slowly for a guard, but still quickly enough, Xarius' devotee pulls out his sword and swings at the guard [2-1=1 vs. 5-2=3] unfortunately he misses completely, clanging his sword at the wall. [1] The warden falls to his knees, clutching at his abdomen as his face twists in pain. "Please spare me!" he wheezes.

Atla
Quote from: AI
???
???

Krzcewski
I suppose Krzcewski will start in Harraspor, currently undercover as goblin manservant-for-hire, seeking employment with a wizard in order to investigate the Bronze Edict as instructed by his superiors (preferably greater than local authority, but up to you).
Krzcewski walks into "The Laughing Lad Tavern" It's an nice, average sized tavern, it's chock full of people and very loud though, it's hard to determine much else in the poor light. Almost as soon as he enters, Krzcewski is greeting by the barkeep, "Hello there my good man! Is there anything I can get you? The house special perhaps? Or," the barkeep winks at the goblin, "are you looking for someone?"

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krzcewski (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:45:18 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 47 IS UP*
« Reply #545 on: December 29, 2012, 05:43:21 pm »

Krzcewski gives the barkeep the most pathetic glance he can muster.

"Yes, me looking for work! Good work, good work! Me looking for weezard, want be apprentice! Get magic! Whoosh, bam, singe! Me like magic! You know where good wizard be? Me need good wizard, teach gooood magic!"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:48:24 pm by Harry Baldman »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 29, 2012, 05:47:14 pm »

@Krzcewski: "Erm, there's a wizard of some sort over there," the barkeep points with his middle finger, seeing as his index finger is missing, "the drunk singing one."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 29, 2012, 05:50:35 pm »

Look at drunken, singing wizard for a bit. How important and competent does he look? Analyze his likely material status and how likely he is to know anything about the Bronze Edict. Look for any telltale signs of what kind of magic he does if the barkeep doesn't tell me.

"No, me not go to him yet. He look very important. He be weezard, after all. Do you know what kind weezard he be? Shooty-flamey, see-things one? Glowy-shieldy? Ooh, can he fly? It be great if he fly!"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:56:39 pm by Harry Baldman »

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 29, 2012, 05:50:56 pm »

Walk inside with the meant and hide in my hands

"What can I get for this?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 29, 2012, 05:57:17 pm »

Keep running, use magic to enhance my endurance and speed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 29, 2012, 06:08:59 pm »

Poke head into shack.

"Helloooo? Anybody home?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 29, 2012, 07:30:31 pm »

'Better than expected, oddly.'

Strip the Warden of his armor after killing him, wear it and walk out. Hide the body in a dark area, closet, or dark room, first. Anywhere guards are unlikely to go. Too bad there aren't any hay bales.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2012, 08:05:02 pm »

Rip shield arm out.
If successful, say "Yes, I will."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2012, 09:30:31 pm »

Walk out of the door and use my see-through spell on the two doors. If anything interesting/valuable in, enter the rooms and get the items. If enemies are in the rooms, pick through the rooms without enemies (if any) and bust into the room with enemies if there are 3 or under, them pick theough the room once they're dead, then go down the stairs. If there are 4 or over, go down the stairs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 30, 2012, 01:25:14 am »

TURN 48

Krzcewski
Look at drunken, singing wizard for a bit. How important and competent does he look? Analyze his likely material status and how likely he is to know anything about the Bronze Edict. Look for any telltale signs of what kind of magic he does if the barkeep doesn't tell me.

"No, me not go to him yet. He look very important. He be weezard, after all. Do you know what kind weezard he be? Shooty-flamey, see-things one? Glowy-shieldy? Ooh, can he fly? It be great if he fly!"
[Dice Roll Hidden] He looks to be nothing greater than an ordinary member, he looks to be quite incompetent and lacking in his knowledge of The Bronze Edict. There are no signs of what kind of magic he is experienced with.

The barkeep responds to Krzcewski's question, "Me, eh, I don't really ask many questions of a wizard who enters my bar. You'd best ask him yourself."

Calenmiriel
Walk inside with the meant and hide in my hands

"What can I get for this?"
Calenmiriel enters the butcher's shop and asks the butcher, "What can I get for this?" The butcher looks up from the headless chicken with a scowl on his face, "Another!" he exclaims, how are these people finding so much game in a god forsaken desert! I'll give you 25 pieces. Just so long as you don't waste my time."

Juba Freedmen
Keep running, use magic to enhance my endurance and speed.
[3] Juba slows down a bit to focus, the warriors are just a few steps behind him, when he feels a sudden briskness take him, [4+1=5 vs. 2-2=0] Juba sprints ahead, feeling strong and powerful, after a mile of running, he checks his back and the warriors are gone. Only then does he realize it has started snowing.

Derm
Poke head into shack.

"Helloooo? Anybody home?"
Just as Derm reaches the door, it is opened, a gnome covered in unusual tattoos steps out, "Hey you, you... eh... you wanna get in one some of this scrap? I can give it to ya... just 32 gold for as much as you can carry. You aren't a guard are you?"

Xarius
'Better than expected, oddly.'

Strip the Warden of his armor after killing him, wear it and walk out. Hide the body in a dark area, closet, or dark room, first. Anywhere guards are unlikely to go. Too bad there aren't any hay bales.
[4] Xarius' black magic consumes the guard fully, and his corpse falls to the ground. Xarius takes the surcoat [2] but in the midst of removing his gloves, another guard enters the room from another hall of cells, "What do you think your doing!" The guard lunges forward at Xarius' devotee [3 vs. 4-1=3] [4 vs. 6] but the attack is blocked. The minion [6-1=5 vs. 4] slashes [2+2-1=3 vs. 1+1=2] at the guard. The flat of the sword smacks the guard in the head. Giving him no more than a slight bruise.

Gweg Kenson
Rip shield arm out.
If successful, say "Yes, I will."
[3+1=4 vs. 5+1=6] Gweg pulls on Noser's arm but nothing happens, [4] Noser quickly retaliates and swings his sword at Gweg's arm hoping to free himself [6+1+1=8 vs. 3+1=4] [5+1+1-1=6 vs. 3+1+1=5] but due to the difficulty of his position, only lightly cuts Gweg's arm. [5] Gweg maintains his grip and tries once more to wrench the arm off [4+1=5 vs. 6+1=7] but it does not move.

Groz Talvor
Walk out of the door and use my see-through spell on the two doors. If anything interesting/valuable in, enter the rooms and get the items. If enemies are in the rooms, pick through the rooms without enemies (if any) and bust into the room with enemies if there are 3 or under, them pick theough the room once they're dead, then go down the stairs. If there are 4 or over, go down the stairs.
[6] [5] Groz uses his ability to see through the doors, each has a bed and a small dresser, Groz enters the rooms [2] [3] and finds nothing of value or interest. Exiting, the second room, Groz hears voices downstairs.

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krzcewski (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43