Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50279 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 49 IS UP*
« Reply #570 on: January 01, 2013, 09:04:15 pm »

"Allllriiight.... Lets do some MAGISCIENCE!"

First off, build a fiendishly difficult puzzlebox for the shack owner. Put a piece of paper with the words 'A WINNAR IS YOU!' on it inside.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 01, 2013, 09:48:58 pm »

"Heh. Never say stuff like that, rookie."

Take Afigi, kill the bandit leader. If he dies, say: "Is this one of those bandit clans where killing the leader makes you the new leader?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 02, 2013, 01:42:10 am »

Return to the room with the wizard and keep watching him. When he leaves, follow him.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 02, 2013, 07:08:39 am »

Cast spell again to warm me up, look around.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 02, 2013, 05:59:53 pm »

"Hey, are you coming?"

Check if the guard that sort of helped me is still following or if he left. Either way, leave the complex and head off into the wilderness. The armor should keep me hidden until they start checking faces, which shouldn't be long with two dead guards.

((I'm liking how it's going so far. I look forward to the endgame, as always. Mages tend to have the most fun once they have their skeletal armies and OP artifacts lying in heaps around them. I'll have more to say once I've played a bit longer. I have high hopes for this.))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:10:02 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 02, 2013, 10:55:38 pm »

Playing with the small amount of gold I got from the butcher, I go to the arena. It could be a quick way to make a lot of coin, and nobody will miss me if I'm dead. On arrival, get some information about how the fights are carried out. Do I use my own gear or is it provided, when can I join a fight, what kinds of people would I be fighting.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 08, 2013, 06:00:46 pm »

TURN 50

Groz Talvor
Cast spells to make me invisible and silent, then follow behind the group, but stay out of méelee range.
By the way, how do you spell 'melee'?
[4] [3] Groz casts two moderately powerful spells and begins to follow the group, [1+2=3 vs. 6] One of the smuggler's spots a small shimmer in the shadows, "Hey! Who's there!" He slowly approaches with his weapon drawn, the rest of the group turn to wait.

Derm
"Allllriiight.... Lets do some MAGISCIENCE!"

First off, build a fiendishly difficult puzzlebox for the shack owner. Put a piece of paper with the words 'A WINNAR IS YOU!' on it inside.
[1+1=2] Derm attempts to begin fusing pieces of metal together for several minutes but can't get the pieces to stay in place without them falling apart.

Gweg Kenson
"Heh. Never say stuff like that, rookie."

Take Afigi, kill the bandit leader. If he dies, say: "Is this one of those bandit clans where killing the leader makes you the new leader?"
Gweg manages to wrench the shield off of Noser's arm. He raises his greatsword and [4+1=5 vs. 1-3=-2] strikes the bandit leader's head from his shoulders He turns and says  "Is this one of those bandit clans where killing the leader makes you the new leader?" before realizing the rest of the bandits have vanished. [5] Gweg does spot a distinct trail leading down the hill toward the forest.

Krzcewski
Return to the room with the wizard and keep watching him. When he leaves, follow him.
When Krzcewski returns to the room [1] the wizard has fallen unconscious. This may be a while. While waiting, Krzcewski hears a rumor about a wealthy guild leader who is, apparently on everyone’s guest list.

Juba Freedmen
Cast spell again to warm me up, look around.
[1] Juba actually ends up managing to cool himself down... again. Juba is getting colder. He looks around and sees a cave to his left. Every other direction, besides the way he came just leads further up the mountain. One of the directions leads to a steep cliffside. A much, faster, way down the mountain.

Xarius
"Hey, are you coming?"

Check if the guard that sort of helped me is still following or if he left. Either way, leave the complex and head off into the wilderness. The armor should keep me hidden until they start checking faces, which shouldn't be long with two dead guards.
[4] "Of course," the guard hurriedly follows Xarius as he hurries through the courtyard [1] one of the guards at the gatehouse beckon him over, "Hey! What have you heard about that damned minotaur?"

Calenmiriel
Playing with the small amount of gold I got from the butcher, I go to the arena. It could be a quick way to make a lot of coin, and nobody will miss me if I'm dead. On arrival, get some information about how the fights are carried out. Do I use my own gear or is it provided, when can I join a fight, what kinds of people would I be fighting.
Calenmiriel moves through the streets and quite easily finds her way to the arena. From what she gathers from the rumors, the rules on fights vary depending on a poll gathered from the people, the fighters don't know the parameters until they commit to fighting, to keep it interesting. Anyone can fight, including children, slaves if they are granted permission by their masters, criminals, nobles, guards, mages, the list goes on. Finally, it seems fights are done constantly throughout the day, it is all just a matter of signing up.

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krzcewski (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:12:15 am by Urist McBeanie »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 50 IS UP*
« Reply #577 on: January 08, 2013, 06:05:05 pm »

Locate a nearby tool station and try again.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:12:02 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 08, 2013, 06:11:17 pm »

Equip Afigi. Follow the trail.
"Do all bandits have such nice toys?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2013, 06:12:10 pm »

Search the cave.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 08, 2013, 06:21:16 pm »

'In the name of the seven hells, can something go right?'

Walk over to the guard, kill him. Shadow bolt, of course. Leave the corpse for the scavengers and the guards and run for the hills. Or at least away.

((Note to self, don't give the GM any ideas.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26:51 pm »

Cast an illusion spell to have a human-height Groz with a knife appear out of thin air directly behind the guy in front, saying in a French accent, "Right behind you."
Be amused as the bowmen kill thier own comrade.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:23:16 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 09, 2013, 01:04:12 am »

Krzcewski walks up to the barkeep.

"Hey, you know where mister sleepy weezard live?"

Find out where the wizard lives and pull his sorry carcass over there.

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:35 pm »

Try my luck, lets sign up for a fight

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 15, 2013, 06:43:04 pm »

TURN 51

Derm
Locate a nearby tool station and try again.
[4] Derm spots a decent looking tool station to his right placed against the shack and tries once more, [3+1+1=5] he manages to work several hunks of metal into one, fusing them together in a box shape, he then takes another chunk of metal and forms an eleven number combination lock whose combination changes every 6 hours. Being careful not to close it yet. Derm scavenges a small sheet of paper and a inked quill and writes, "A WINNAR IS YOU!" Derm places the sheet in the box and closes it.

Gweg Kenson
Equip Afigi. Follow the trail.
"Do all bandits have such nice toys?"
Gweg drops his tower shield to the ground and fastens Afigi to his arm, and heads off along the trail, [2] the trail is sporadic and splits off in several directions, to the east, northeast, southwest, and straight ahead the path continues.

Juba Freedmen
Search the cave.
Juba slowly enters the cave [5] and notices the glow of a fire farther down the pathway. A trail of blood leads toward it.

Xarius
'In the name of the seven hells, can something go right?'

Walk over to the guard, kill him. Shadow bolt, of course. Leave the corpse for the scavengers and the guards and run for the hills. Or at least away.

((Note to self, don't give the GM any ideas.))
Xarius casually walks over to the guard [4 vs. 1] shielding his face and as soon as he comes within range, flings a shadow bolt at the guard [3 vs. 4] but the guard dodges to the left, "Hey! It's the...!" The guards shout ends in a choked gurgle as Xarius' devotee stabs him in the throat with his longsword [5-1=4 vs. 2] [6+1-1=6 vs. 1] Xarius and his ally break into a sprint as the run from the courtyard. [4] Without further trouble, the two eventually reach a deserted alleyway. There are no signs of pursuit.

Groz Talvor
Cast an illusion spell to have a human-height Groz with a knife appear out of thin air directly behind the guy in front, saying in a French accent, "Right behind you."
Be amused as the bowmen kill thier own comrade.
[6] Groz casts a spell and summons a real, physical copy of Groz at human height with a knife. "Right behind you." it says as the bowman looses an arrow in his panic [3 vs. 3] [4+1=5 vs. 1] The arrow thuds into the copy's head, and it falls to the ground unmoving. "You think there's more of 'em?" the guard who is now 5 feet in front of Groz calls to his comrades. "Maybe, we should be wary."

Krzcewski
Krzcewski walks up to the barkeep.

"Hey, you know where mister sleepy weezard live?"

Find out where the wizard lives and pull his sorry carcass over there.
[5] "As I said, I don't meddle in the affairs of wizards, he did rent a room though. Seeing as he's drunk out of his mind, you seem like a nice enough fellow, could you take him up there for me? Here's the room key." Krzcewski figures this is good enough and drags the drunken wizard who has begun shouting expletives in his sleep, up into his room.

Calenmiriel
Try my luck, lets sign up for a fight
Calenmiriel walks over to the signup area, and asks to sign up. "You... really? Well it's your life I guess. Anyway, do you have a sponsor? Eh... I presume not. Go on through that door over their and wait. The next fight shall begin shortly."

Evaliss
Pretty much just start me out in a forest.
Evaliss is in a forest... the small camp of wood elves she has been searching for is approximately 50 meters ahead.

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krzcewski (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evaliss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43