Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221831 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #990 on: December 11, 2012, 05:12:39 pm »

Any attempt to spend a gift meets huge resistance.
Not true.  At all.  Only in the case of Alice.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 11, 2012, 05:21:33 pm »

WE ARE NUTS!!!!
Must...resist...urge...to...sig...

I suggest we save the Gift of the Left Stone until we find a nymphomaniac of some degree who would probably be able to earn lots of gifts. Maybe just the lots of gifts part.
I'm not sure that Alice would much like any of the gifts we have at the moment; let's keep practicing animal and plant empathy in our off time. Maybe we'll get a gift she'd like? Regardless, I suggest that when we decide to convert Alice, we let her choose which gift to get...at least from a few we aren't "saving". That way, she knows we want to make life as good for her as possible.
In the meantime, let's hunt elves and listen for other races who live nearby.

Things to Consider:
1. Do you think a former-batwoman or somesuch would retain flight? (And other questions pertaining to the choice of race for our mates)
2. What should we ask the mermaid to figure out how receptive the mer back home would be to a night troll?
3. What would happen if we had a child with the GotLS troll?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 11, 2012, 05:24:04 pm »

See, the biggest problem with Alice is that she's not going to put her happiness on hold forever for us.  If we give her the gift, she's probably only going to want to have sex with women.  She might get men to impregnate her, but her time would be consumed with trying to find women.
And... well... night trolls aren't exactly... pretty.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 11, 2012, 05:27:17 pm »

1) She is not weak, nor incompetent, she is capable and useful as is. 
Useful puppet, I see. What will we do when it will become obvious that we don't convert her not because we have no suitable gifts but because we don't want to?

2) While i think that we should keep him as an ally, i do not believe that we should do things just because he wants us to.
OK, let's not do it, we will just anger him, he'll take his daughter away and use her in  other useful way.

3) She's not the only potential ally out there.
Key word is trust. We may find someone later or we may not

1) Those skills can just as easily be turned to help us get other mates, and would not improve through turning.
I don't think so . Reread the description of the gift. Night troll will get some traits based on female converted. I think traits would be based on skills, genetics and character

2) Her family has disowned her, and i think that if we make the gesture of allowing her to maintain her humanity, we will have earned her undying loyalty, and perhaps the loyalty of the tigerwoman. On the other hand, if we turn her, the tigerwoman may come to hate us.
We'll either have to fight with her angry father or convert her sooner or later. Don't you see that? And mortal inside a big family of night trolls... is a bad idea. If not we, one of our sons will convert her or one of our consorts will kill her. We may let her run away of cause, but that equals to losing an ally, too

3) she can do this as a human
She can do that better as a night troll

5) We've gone through the game well enough without this, and even before we had our consort Weirdsound assured us he had a method of continuing the game.
Surely he does. But let's think about better restarting conditions

Edit:

Also, who knows maybe Alice will get a trait that will make her able to mate\convert with both genders? Or only female ones. It's suitable for her background... Then we may share our consorts
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:37:39 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 11, 2012, 05:37:38 pm »

1) She is not weak, nor incompetent, she is capable and useful as is. 
Useful puppet, I see. What will we do when it will become obvious that we don't convert her not because we have no suitable gifts but because we don't want to?
Hey, I'll go right out and say it.  We don't want to.  Unless we get some kind of gift that changes sexual orientation (Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath for this.  That would be a morally gray area, at best) she will not be useful with the stone, and I don't think she would be more useful as a consort in general.  Different colors make up the world, man.  You want to have as big a variety as possible, just in case.

We'll either have to fight with her angry father or convert her sooner or later. Don't you see that? And mortal inside a big family of night trolls... is a bad idea. If not we, one of our sons will convert her or one of our consorts will kill her. We may let her run away of cause, but that equals to losing an ally, too
Not necessarily.  We are the most powerful of the night trolls, barring some catastrophe or anomaly we will always be.  It's exponential, y'know.  We can always protect her, it's not unheard of.  We are sentient, and so are our children.

3) she can do this as a human
She can do that better as a night troll
Some things.  Remember, Gwen actually got a negative modifier from conversion.

Please, don't make all of your decisions just because you want to rp a lesbian chick.  That's cool and all, but remember that the main guy is supposed to stay here.  The backup is just in case of really bad luck/tactical decisions.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 11, 2012, 05:45:00 pm »

I'll repeat my edit here because I got ninja'd

Who knows maybe Alice will get a trait that will make her able to mate\convert with both genders? Or only female ones. It's suitable for her background... Then we may share our consorts. It's a very logical trait for her to get

Hey, I'll go right out and say it.  We don't want to.
Then say that to her and close it forever

Not necessarily.  We are the most powerful of the night trolls, barring some catastrophe or anomaly we will always be.  It's exponential, y'know.  We can always protect her, it's not unheard of.  We are sentient, and so are our children.
Accidents happen. and hat do you propose to do with Foghorn? I wouldn't even risk to leave her alone with hungry pregnant Gwen

Some things.  Remember, Gwen actually got a negative modifier from conversion.
She got a crappy gift, not the one that strong. Also there are should be some reason why she got so tall. I suspects that's because her plant empathy skill - she became treelike

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 11, 2012, 05:48:19 pm »

I agree about hunting soon. After the next lesson, lets finish learning plant animal empathy so we can navigate, and go chasing that necromancer. Turn her, and grab some snacks for gwen on the way back. As for the left stone, I think we should use it on someone with plenty of skills. Plenty of skills=plenty of gifts. It should also be someone who would please Nocteclaw, not some random woman. Maybe the hemigodess?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 11, 2012, 05:55:12 pm »

Also, who knows maybe Alice will get a trait that will make her able to mate\convert with both genders? Or only female ones. It's suitable for her background... Then we may share our consorts
Firstly, this is doubtful.
Secondly... ew, so far our only consort is hetero, we have no reason to believe she would be into that.
Just... ew, i would rather our character not be the type to pressure others into sexual encounters they wouldn't enjoy just for some fap material. 

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 11, 2012, 06:00:12 pm »

Yeah, that is crossing the line into extra double creepy in an already IMO, pretty creepy thread.

Less talk about Alice, more plans for hunting, please.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 11, 2012, 06:05:25 pm »

I think we should use it on someone with plenty of skills
And I know one candidate :))) Hint - she has animal empathy, plant empathy, bow, stealth, knife fighting and likely some other  skills

Maybe the hemigodess?
Do you want to rape someone, then make her as strong as yourself? No thanks

Just... ew, i would rather our character not be the type to pressure others into sexual encounters they wouldn't enjoy just for some fap material.
No a fact that we'll need to force. Not a fact that we'd want to force. But  we'll have some consorts that we'll don't respect and treat like tools. It's no worse than necromancy.
Yep it's doubtful that gift will have exactly that effect. But don't you see benefit of being able to both impregnate a mate and use her to impregnate real female troll?

Can we at least ask Alice  is it disgusting for her to have a sex with a male? Surely she is a virgin and never tried. Also we may ask about her desire to have children

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 11, 2012, 06:07:19 pm »

Yeah, I fimd it more likely that Alice would get a special power giving her a boost to burning down forests than letting her impregnate females.

Anyways...yeah, hunting. Find elves, look for nearby non-elf settlements.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 11, 2012, 06:09:45 pm »

Pretty sure she basically already said something to the effect of "men ew" ages and ages ago. Also, we *want* to be kind to our consorts because after they have children they regain free will, also, our character so far isn't that much of a needless douche.

ANYWAY
Recap of my suggestion.
Raid backwater elven retreat, use dark manipulation if night to enhance stealth, talk to plants to help us with navigation, empty pockets of sand.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:11:30 pm by Mlamlah »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 11, 2012, 06:14:29 pm »

I do think we should store our loot in the tower, we have lost a lot of valuables last trip.

We should probably prioritize recovering our hidden loot stashes as well.  First things first guys, we shouldn't forget about our little bits of useful stuff spread here and there.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 11, 2012, 06:16:08 pm »

Hey, I'll go right out and say it.  We don't want to.
Then say that to her and close it forever
If this is you trying to use reverse psychology... I don't... what?  Why do you think you need to tell me that?
Well... I'm going to assume you meant that seriously, because... I don't imagine why else you would mention that.  I want to close it forever.  I suggested doing that already.  You wanna stop arguing and let us tell her we've decided to drop it then?

Tell Alice we've decided we are not going to convert her, we will let her live her own life.  She is a faithful ally and now is a friend of the family.  Ask her to stay on, as your friend.  If she mentions wishing to go on and do other things with her life, remind her she owes that life to us.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 11, 2012, 06:16:37 pm »

I do think we should store our loot in the tower, we have lost a lot of valuables last trip.

We should probably prioritize recovering our hidden loot stashes as well.  First things first guys, we shouldn't forget about our little bits of useful stuff spread here and there.

I believe we've attended to that now.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 143