Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221303 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #375 on: November 22, 2012, 07:27:11 pm »

I don't like the whole  "let's create problems for Vindel." what the point?  We should get free before angering him
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2012, 07:32:42 pm »

We're not creating problems to create problems. If Vindel's dealing with females, he won't be as focused on us.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 22, 2012, 07:57:09 pm »

New tack.  What can we do to cause hurt to his lady love?  Is there any way we can frame her for something unpleasant?   Can we get others to hurt her in some way?  Can we convince her that he killed his rival?
I like this idea. Maybe once the chaos dies down from the sasquatch, we could disguise ourselves as an elf disguised as a bogeyman and tell her that we saw Vindel kill...the other elf...
No hypnotism. That will be short-lived, and so will we.

We should scout out the area if you are going to bust into someones house specially someone who has the queen's favor.
Agreed.

i agree

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 22, 2012, 07:58:29 pm »

New tack.  What can we do to cause hurt to his lady love?  Is there any way we can frame her for something unpleasant?   Can we get others to hurt her in some way?  Can we convince her that he killed his rival?
I like this idea. Maybe once the chaos dies down from the sasquatch, we could disguise ourselves as an elf disguised as a bogeyman and tell her that we saw Vindel kill...the other elf...
No hypnotism. That will be short-lived, and so will we.

We should scout out the area if you are going to bust into someones house specially someone who has the queen's favor.
Agreed.

i agree

+1
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2012, 10:09:39 pm »

right now though, lets just get healed and do Vindel's job. also, remember that a sad Vindel is a vindictive Vindel.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 22, 2012, 10:26:04 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hm, injury benefits us in fact

That empath is our chance to do the arm cutting trick :P
If we will be allowed to keep the healing items, it may help, too

Agree to use elven items AND ask about empath.
Ask something like
" Are there are really idiots around that like to interact with night creatures without precautions like your masterwork bracelet? I am curios who is this moron who doesn't understand that he'll get eaten sooner or later"
In short make it look like a simple curiosity. And that we despise that empath. And flattery is our weapon, make him believe that we think that he is a genius
Sounds like a plan. Spend the time before Vindel returns studying Intro to the Inferno.

You spend the morning reading Intro to the Inferno. You understand the book a bit better, but fail to make any real progress towards learning fire magic. Picking up or improving a magical skill requires both theory and practice, and it would take one heck of a lucky breakthrough to make any further progress from a book... for now. 1d20 = 8 + 1(Tattoo) = 9

When Vindel to check in on him you decide to strike up a conversation. "Are their really idiots who make their living dealing with my kind without proper countermeasures such as your brilliant piece of masterwork jewelry?" 1d20 = 14 + 1(Skill) = 15

The elf chuckles. "Sort of. I can't think of a single Mage who specializes only in Night Creature Empathy. Most Night Creature Empaths are skilled mages who pick up the school as an afterthought; if they intend to travel alone at night or suspect a vampire or werewolf is lurking near their home. You also get a few weirdos who WANT to get turned into such monsters, and pick up the skill to further that end."

Vindel smirks. "But yeah. You get a stupid mage from time to time, who makes it his life's work to deal with your lot. Like that fool Hamar I had you kill. He was once a fairly respected warlock, but spent the last few years of his life playing private doctor and adviser to the Vampires in another settlement around here. They would have killed him sooner or later if we hadn't."

You decide to keep the flattery up. "Heh. Good to know if you ever let me go. Easy meals. Anyway, I think I'll trust whatever enchanting medicine you can whip up. Of course, if you want to call in the expert for a second opinion first I could use a good meal..."

Vindel nods. "We will try my treatment first then. Even if it dosn't work, it shouldn't cause you any additional harm. And if you are getting hungry again, I think I can arange for you to have dinner afterward. Let me just head upstairs and close up shop real quick. Business is slow this time of year."

The elf spends the afternoon running your arm through painful looking devices and applying foul smelling paste to the damaged limb. If you could feel pain, you are fairly sure Vindel's treatment would be agonizing. Eventualy some movement and feeling is restored to your arm, but by the end of the day it is far from fully healed. 1d20 = 4 + 6(Vindel's Skill) - 2(Unusual Patient) = 8

"Damn. I think that is the best I can do for now... Ah well. Guess we will eventually have to bring in an empath to figure this out properly. You are a caster. Its not like you use two handed weapons or anything. I think you are ready to go to work for me. I have two jobs; one will net you one of my amazing enchanted items, and one will move you a bit closer to your freedom."

Vindel offers another one of his nasty smiles. "I'll let you choose which end you want to further tonight..."

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 22, 2012, 10:55:48 pm »

Just to comment: Why are we always rolling horribly? What are you using to do the dice rolls anyway?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 22, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »

Totally freedom.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 22, 2012, 10:58:05 pm »

Just to comment: Why are we always rolling horribly? What are you using to do the dice rolls anyway?

Random.org

You had a run of pretty good rolls earlier, so it dosn't hate you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 22, 2012, 11:00:54 pm »

Totally freedom.
I disagree.
The enchanted items would be excellent, and possibly let us get our own freedom, AND possibly not be gettable otherwise.

Instead, ask, "What kind of enchanted item, and how much closer to freedom?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 22, 2012, 11:12:51 pm »

I say we need details before we make a decision.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 22, 2012, 11:46:23 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Totally freedom.
I disagree.
The enchanted items would be excellent, and possibly let us get our own freedom, AND possibly not be gettable otherwise.

Instead, ask, "What kind of enchanted item, and how much closer to freedom?"

"Hrrrmmm.... Would you be so kind as to provide me some more information before I decide Master? What kind of enchanted item? How much closer to freedom? What exactly would I need to do for each?"

Vindel nods. "Fair question Mr. Troll. Fair question indeed. I would be willing to make you any sort of combat enhancing item that is within my ability. I respect your intelegence and fear that any utility item I may make you could be used to further some sort of escape plot."

"As for what you need to do to get one..." The elf offers a truly wicked smirk "Kill people. Enchantments, as you may or may not know, are held together by sentient souls. I'm running rather low on that particular component at the moment. Luckily it is the off season, and most of my customers have requests that can be accomplished with little soul energy. I should be good for another month or so, but if you want to be proactive and help me collect some extra, I'll make you a little something for your trouble. I'll tell you where to go, give you what you need to harvest, and leave you to your own devices."

The elf smirks. "As for your freedom... If I play my cards right I can marry the girl of my dreams and move to the capital as a crowned prince within the next few months. You are far to clever and dangerous for me to consider keeping you in the royal compound, so I would have to cut you loose at that point. As for your part in my plans, well for starters I simply need you to head down to the lake and kill me a giant toad. I'm not going to explain why, but doing this will further my agenda."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:08:04 am by Weirdsound »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2012, 11:57:44 pm »

IMO, Giant toad is a better option, I don't trust that closer for freedom (if only by free you mean dead) but killing sentients is a way to get enemies

Changed my mind, let's go for a cool item. Nice inventory is always needed
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:57:19 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 23, 2012, 01:16:20 am »

Yeah, item. I kinda get the feeling he's going to kill us once he has the princess.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 23, 2012, 01:20:41 am »

Oh, and say that we don't really need freedom as long as we are under protection of the great enchanter and will have a fresh meat everyday
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 143