Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221333 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #630 on: December 01, 2012, 02:38:06 am »

Get the lockpick from the male's corpse, and tell the elf to unlock the chest, or die. And tell her to be quick; the kids will probably go and try to get some people to kill us.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 01, 2012, 02:47:12 am »

I actually think the curse thing might throw people off the scent for at least a time, because it has them on entirely the wrong train of thought.
I think we should eat the dead human (after looting him), with the elf still alive to hear every sickening crunch. Let the fear season the meat, then ask her what she knows about the chest and it's contents. Tell her that we won't kill her if she cooperates. If she cooperates then maybe gag and bind her with cloth from shredded clothes, sling her over our shoulder and bring her to our mate as a present. If she resists then (EDIT) eat her hand or something, and cauterize the wound with fire magic. Then repeat the request.
Then bring our mate to help us loot the chest?

Edit edit: don't forget to loot their stuff for anything of interest or value
Edit edit edit: Bloody... while we're grilling her (literally or figuratively), we may as well ask if she knows anything about Claira. Sorry, there's a lot to remember guys XD.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:00:09 am by Mlamlah »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 01, 2012, 04:46:37 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I actually think the curse thing might throw people off the scent for at least a time, because it has them on entirely the wrong train of thought.
I think we should eat the dead human (after looting him), with the elf still alive to hear every sickening crunch. Let the fear season the meat, then ask her what she knows about the chest and it's contents. Tell her that we won't kill her if she cooperates. If she cooperates then maybe gag and bind her with cloth from shredded clothes, sling her over our shoulder and bring her to our mate as a present. If she resists then (EDIT) eat her hand or something, and cauterize the wound with fire magic. Then repeat the request.
Then bring our mate to help us loot the chest?

Edit edit: don't forget to loot their stuff for anything of interest or value
Edit edit edit: Bloody... while we're grilling her (literally or figuratively), we may as well ask if she knows anything about Claira. Sorry, there's a lot to remember guys XD.

Your strip the dead human of his garmet and gear and turn the elf so that she is facing him. You then begin to eat. The meat is bland, as the boy had died suddenly without time for fear, however the fear coming off the injured female sort of makes up for this.

After you finish you use the dead man's shirt to wipe the blood off your face and body before turning to the girl. "Alright mortal. I lied. I'm not the curse of the chest. I'm something far worse! I've been watching you all for a few hours and you have piqued my curiosity. I promise not to kill you if you answer all my questions to the best of your ability." 1d20 = 9 + 1(Skill) + 3(Frightening Appearance) + 3(Target is in poor condition) = 16

The elf nods frantically "...Okay... thanks. I'll answer... and live"

"First off, what can you tell me about the box?"

"My friend Urist... the dwarf. He says it contains some old supplies and valuables used by the dwarven mercenaries who attempted to keep traditional Oakworshiped out of the high queen's progressive hands 233 years ago. Urist's grandfather, the last surviving mercenary who remained in Oakworshiped after the loss, died last spring. He told Urist the location of the box on his deathbed. Among other things it supposedly contains platinum bars and an artifact of some sort. Thats all I know... please don't kill me."

You spit in the girls face. "Nah. That is a good enough answer. Now onto question two. You are from Oakworshiped correct? What can you tell me about the noble Claira?"

The scared elf falls silent for a few seconds as she processes your question. "Umm... her? She is about my age, but I don't know her well. She lives in the compound in the center of the settlement with the Governer, Mayor, Druid and their families. She has a guardian, a massive human eunuch who I think is a quarter troll. She doesn't get out much. The guardian lets her pray at the sacred trees twice a week."

The girl pauses a bit and begins to sob. You shut her up with a kick to her broken leg and another question. "I NEVER SAID YOU COULD CRY! Now tell me, does this girl have a love life?"

Your victim bites her tongue and waits for the pain to subside before answering. "I don't think so. She hasn't had her deflowering ceremony yet, and she still dresses in white. Urist exchanged cute notes with her a few months back, and I heard the inkeeps son was doing so as well, but there is no chance in hell she would be allowed to marry outside her race or that... that far below her station. I think two older elves are actively campaigning for the honor to marry her. The hunter and the enchanter... I can't recall their names... please don't kill me."

You sigh. "Can you tell me anything about the compound's defenses?"

She shakes here head. "I-I've never been in there. C-can't tell you anything. Please don't kill me."

"You are useless then. I don't see any point in keeping you alive... but I did promise not to kill you. Aw well, guess my mate will have to dispatch you then."

The girl begins to cry loudly again as you go through the camp, searching for anything of use. Sadly its just a bunch of food, hygienic items, mundane supplies, and clothing for mortals. You help yourself to a saber from the dead human's belt, and a shovel from the ground near the floor, and leave the rest.

Returning to your wife's gift, you strip her of her clothes and use the shredded remains of her nightgown to bind her arms and legs. You then sling her over your shoulder and depart from the campsite towards Oakworshiped, screaming elf in tow.

You reach the edge of Oakworshipped. From here you can follow Foghorns directions back to the tower where you will hopefully meet your wife (and eventually Alice). You also, of course, could enter town to explore, scout out the noble compound, or deal with Vindel. You'd likely have to deal with the screaming elf on your shoulder before trying to sneak around however...

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:41:17 am by Weirdsound »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 01, 2012, 05:23:59 am »

Let's get back to the tower. We really really want that artifact, so we should feed Gwen and then see if she'll have a look at the chest.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 01, 2012, 05:36:34 am »

I agree.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 01, 2012, 05:45:46 am »

Also, should we capture her soul?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 01, 2012, 07:48:09 am »

Guys.  We are a night troll.  We can't do our thing without pissing some people off.  Doesn't really come off as a reason to me.
Doesn't mean we need to go out of our way to do so. You may need to break a few eggs to make an omelette, but do you smash the rest of the dozen against the ceiling?

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

I'd like to note for the record that we had no way of guessing that we would get a Gift from rolling so high, and that we would have been able to roll just as high without attacking the kids.

Also, should we capture her soul?
I suggest no. We've scared her enough, and don't have a use for souls ATM. What if they figure out how to rebel or otherwise go "bad" after a while? Besides, it's a child. Child souls are probably less potent than adult souls for anything we want to do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:58 am »

What? You never heard of Powered by a Forsaken Child?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 01, 2012, 10:30:30 am »

Why shouldn't we stockpile on souls....
Our mate is an enchanter we might eventually have some tasks for her

And on a side note... TAKE THAT Greatwyrm, from the combo of great rolls and being scary to children, we got gift of Hideousness

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 01, 2012, 12:19:11 pm »

What? You never heard of Powered by a Forsaken Child?
Ooh, it's like someone hitting you with your own sword! Ouch!  That's gotta hurt, man!

Joke aside, I'm pretty sure we are here to be a typical night troll.  That includes the typical DF mythology, but there are other myths with night trolls in them.  I can't think of any of them being "nice."  It's just not who we are, and we can't run from it.  Doesn't mean we're an idiot, nor does it mean we should senselessly slaughter.  We're a thinking evil, the worst kind you can ever fight.  We're going to stack the deck, and our greatest asset really is fear.  We don't feel it, but all the civs, immortal or not, do.  And fear makes people do very stupid things.

Simply, a thinking enemy is the hardest to fight.  That will be us.  The small child pissing their beds at night will be the Elves.  I don't imagine they would put up much of a fight.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 01, 2012, 12:33:04 pm »

Exactly my point... although we are compassionate for a night troll, we are a perversion of the night and thus should strike fear into the hearts of our enemies..

Instead of killing the young girl, use dark manipulation to give her frightening visions, the long and repeating kind that causes insanity

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 01, 2012, 12:44:09 pm »

Exactly my point... although we are compassionate for a night troll, we are a perversion of the night and thus should strike fear into the hearts of our enemies..

Instead of killing the young girl, use dark manipulation to give her frightening visions, the long and repeating kind that causes insanity
Compassionate?  We're evil.  We're just not stupid. 
But I do like your plan.  Perhaps a mixture of dark manipulation and hypnosis could drive her mad. 

We could use a mad elf in many ways:
Making her a subtle kind of mad, and really only break her deep down inside. Basically creating a fear-thrall.
Have her then either overthrow the government or the religion.  They are capable of calming the populace and forming hunts after us.  Of course, if Elves are a theocracy (I think I remember druids appointing queens, or vice-versa, but times have changed) then we could kill two birds with one stone.

We could use her as just a traveling spy, and get us some intel every once in a while.

We could use her to spread tales of fear.  Have her claim to her "friends" that the being who cursed them cursed her with some kind of foresight.  Maybe we could give her some kind of distinctive mark that way.  We can have her pretend to predict the future, and throw them off and make them fear an enemy, just the wrong one.  We can make her predictions come true from time to time using our magic, and using Leghorn's.  He'll help us with this plan because he has something to gain as well: infamy.  It's the reason he agreed to help us, so it makes sense he would go for it again.  We'll just have her tell listeners about a great sorcerer.  Hell, we can paint him as the good guy of this situation, and ourselves as the bad guy.  Then the Elves will side with Leghorn, and through him, us.  (This plan is actually my favorite.)

We could also break her completely, and make her completely mad.  Then have her wander a bit and cause fear that way.  It's kinda mindless evil though, I don't think it would do that much.
Or we could give her to our dear wife.

What do y'all think?  Any of these good?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:58:28 pm by Thecard »

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 01, 2012, 01:02:56 pm »

Not truly compassionate, just compassionate for a night troll,

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 01, 2012, 01:04:28 pm »

Also for our new gift I propose we use it on the girl Vindel wanted

Its ironic because her loved her beauty

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 01, 2012, 01:11:10 pm »

Also for our new gift I propose we use it on the girl Vindel wanted

Its ironic because her loved her beauty
Oh, that's awesome.  We should definitely do that.  Something like set up a mock-wedding, and when he lifts the veil, BLAMMO!  SHE'S HIDEOUS!
He is, after all, a homicidal dickwad.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 143