Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221324 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1575 on: December 21, 2012, 11:00:29 pm »

Indeed.

Say, Alice said she wants to, quote, "watch the other consorts screw their kids up first so I can learn from their mistakes!" Notice the plural. Any other gifts that are too good or bad to consider giving to pretty much anyone? Or ones we want to make sure get passed on to the generation of night trolls two from now?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 21, 2012, 11:00:57 pm »

Tutor Alice in Fire Manipulation with all our spare time.
+1 - we know more than her about the subject, and teaching is a fantastic way to deepen and reinforce one's own knowledge.

We should send the rogue on a small but simple mission - steal enough leather and steel to fashion a hip quiver for Alice. Tell her that if she does this mission and returns in 12 hours we will give her a bigger, more lucrative mission. She can keep anything else that she happens to steal on the way.

We should also send word to our new mole within Elven society, to ask when and and on what road his father will be returning on. Offer to make sure he never makes it home in one piece, leaving our agent as the elf in charge of the village's economy.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 21, 2012, 11:07:20 pm »

I really prefer Foghorn as a mentor, later we may practice with Alice, but Foghorn experience is too valuable

Hey!

We should try to get a lecture on fire magic from Foghorn and listen it together with Alice. Also we may offer the lockbox to Foghorn to make him even more happy of us and willing to help (and that may make him willing to visit the tower = more lessons)

If that fails - let's just practice fire manipulation together

And I think we have enough materials to do a hip quiver, no need to waste rogue on such a minor task
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:10:26 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 21, 2012, 11:09:31 pm »

Both of those sound good.

We really need to figure out which of these ideas thrown about are incompatible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 21, 2012, 11:37:36 pm »

Oh, and when contacting Foghorn,
1) Not forget to notice that Alice can be reborn once. That may impress him
2) Ask him for advice how to turn on\off wings if that possible at all. That's more important than any other fire manipulation usage
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 22, 2012, 12:11:15 am »

Maybe the wings will let her hunt easier.  Y'know, like a falcon or something.

But, yeah, definitely +1 to fire manipulation from her dad.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 22, 2012, 12:33:05 am »

Maybe the wings will let her hunt easier.  Y'know, like a falcon or something.

But, yeah, definitely +1 to fire manipulation from her dad.
Indeed, just think of the scouting and rapid messaging she could do now - and if she becomes an adept in Fire Manipulation *grins* Death From Above.

Now, regarding our greedy elf friend - I'll just refer to him as Greed for now - the village will be reeling for a while from that last attack, shocked, horrified - afraid. During crisises, the corrupt always have an opportunity to seize power.

Perhaps then it's time for Greed to lead up the coalition against us, at least in appearance. With dark manipulation we could, with the right preparation and careful planning, stage an attack in public during which Greed 'kills' two raiding night trolls. His fame and power rise, and in the meantime he can subtlely sabotage the elven efforts from being actually effective against us.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:53:46 am by Corruptor »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 22, 2012, 01:18:20 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eh, I hoped for a more spectacular phoenix...

Quiver is not a huge problem.
Hip quiver will counter that problem

I suggest

1) Order the ghost to make the said quiver (or rather modify existing), remake chainmail for our puppet, make steel swords for Gwen and make helmets, boots and gauntlets for the whole party. The puppet should aid him and try to learn thing or two.
2) We and Gwen should spend our time with the mermaid, we need to know more about Nocteclaw (We should focus on scriptures, not invocation skill. Learn about the Goddess before considering to use her powers)
3) Alice should start training to fly, surely she'll find some birds that will aid her in that
4) The rogue should try to snatch someone, we need a fear source for our preggos. Also she may try to steal magic books and trap components

Your ghostly smith is more than happy to fix up Jimma's Chainmail and forge some swords for Gwendolyn, and cannot help with Alice's Quiver. "I'm not a leather-worker, sorry boss."

He also informs you that two good swords and chainmail is a pretty big order for one day, and that he will start on the helms and boots later.

Gwendolyn is VERY reluctant to give up her enchanted swords for some fresh metal ones. You eventually have to pull out the "You are my consort, I am your boss." card to get her to shut up and upgrade her weapons. 1d20 = 7 + 2(Skill) + 3(Gwendolyn is your Consort) = 12

Cherlyn happily bolts to go a-stealing as soon as you give her the OK. She promises to visit the human town and the camp and be back within 24 hours. She will keep her eyes out for a good sack to use for snatching children, but failing that she will just swipe valuables and trap components.

Alice is instructed to head outside and practice flying, .

You bring Gwen downstairs for a lesson in Divine Lore with Kelpmier. You have a hard time focusing on the lesson today, as you are caught up in your dreams for the future. You catch the names of two other gods, that Notcheclaw is aligned with; Sideribusmaw and Ult. 1d20 = 3 - 3(Untrained Skill) + 6(Trainer's Skill) = 6

Gwendolyn meanwhile eats the lesson right up. She asks questions, listens intently, and you can tell that at least she is getting the lecture. Several hours into the lecture a miracle occurs and Gwen goes into Labor. Kelpmier quickly enters into midwife mode and ushers you from the basement. You are not worried in the slightest, Consorts fear no pain and are generally much better and delivering and recovering from babies. 1d20 = 20 - 3(Untrained Skill) + 6(Trainer's Skill) = 23(Nat 20!)

Deciding to keep yourself occupied to fight the nervousness that all first time fathers, even night trolls, feel you call up Foghorn on the magic mirror. You quickly tell him all about his daughters new form. "...and the best part is, if she dies, I can bring her back to life once under most circumstances!" 1d20 = 17 + 2(Skill) = 19

The old warlock is clearly impressed. "Wow. You care about my daughter enough to use a gift that valuable on her? You amaze me. You must be a saint amongst monsters. Welcome to the family Fellsoil! I hear that is what the elves of Everpine are calling you now. Hear you messed them up good."

You beam a smile across the mirror. You can't help but find Foghorn to be affable. "Yes sir. I think I might actually go with that name. I took two women from that settlement during my raid and made consorts out of them. With Alice and Gwendolyn that's four! My first child is actually being born as we speak!"

Foghorn doubletakes. "Holy Sideribusmaw! Your family is growing fast. I should come over soon and meet everybody. We will make it a proper feast. I'll send Rox ahead of time to catch and cook some food for the mortals. If you think you can control the consorts, I'll even bring the family. You should meet them."

You nod. "I was hoping on talking some business as well. I think Alice should learn fire manipulation given her new form. Could you help her with that?"

The Wizard shakes his head. "No, but I know some people. We will discuss it when I get there. Also I'm thinking of making a proper raid on the Noble compound in Oakworshiped; to bolster your reputation and steal that girl Vindel wants. We can plan that as well."

The call lasts for a few more minutes and is broken up when Kelpmier rushes into the room. "Sir. You need to see this! Its a sign!"

---

Back in the dungeon you are introduced to your firstborn son, a tiny little bundle of joy with physical features that match your own and moles and tumors that flicker with distortion energy like his mother. He happily entertains himself by feeding on the afterbirth with his fully developed teeth. He has a conspicuous birthmark on his forehead, which the mermaid quickly explains. "That is the symbol of Notcheclaw; the setting sun. The child has been blessed, perhaps his parents as well."

Both Gwendolyn and Kelpmier want to name the baby. You hurriedly explain your fathers tradition of not naming his own kids, and ask for some time to consider whether or not you want to break away from that, and if you do whether or not you want to name the kid yourself.

You suspect Gwen will be back to fighting condition within a day or so. You note that she is still a bit miffed over your decision on the swords.

"Holy crap... I'm a dad... Hears hoping I'm better than my father."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 22, 2012, 01:25:51 am »

Baby!

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 22, 2012, 01:50:41 am »

Shall we vote on the name? :P

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 22, 2012, 01:51:32 am »

Other actions would be nice as well. You are not spending a whole turn naming a baby I hope.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 22, 2012, 02:01:37 am »

Must show love to BABEH!!
Must give him properly fear drenched meat.
Must receive info on night children
Must go hunting

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 22, 2012, 02:06:37 am »

Other actions would be nice as well. You are not spending a whole turn naming a baby I hope.
Nope, just anticipating and hopefully averting a messy debate with some clean voting heh.

As for the other actions:

1. Practice Dark Manipulation, in particular sustaining a moving illusion of a night troll for an extended period of time.

2. Contact our elf ally and perhaps lay the seeds of the plan I explained in my post before the update

3. Prepare for Foghorn's arrival - we want to make a good impression, after all. Improve the defenses, help Alice adjust so that she can show off her flying, ect ect.

4. If our rogue returns, instruct her to kidnap some meals for us.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 22, 2012, 02:23:31 am »

Does Cherlyn the rouge have the gift of amnesia? Because it is still listed as an unused gift.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 22, 2012, 02:27:39 am »

Well, we don't need to name our child.
But I'll be honest, I kinda like the idea of Night trolls earning names from now on.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 143