Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221276 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1695 on: December 24, 2012, 03:43:10 am »

Argh goddamnit is everyone somehow useful to us so we can't eat them?

Oh well. Sacrifice the boy to Notcheclaw.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: December 24, 2012, 04:12:04 am »

Considering the complicated nature of the child i'm not fully sure what to do. I'm not opposed to eating him, but sacrificing him seems a waste. I propose we ponder a little more, maybe send the mermaid to go speak with him and keep eachother company, then ask her what she thinks we should do with the boy.
Even though Cherlyn is being a bit of a bitch about... everything, i think she should be there for the meeting of families, though we may want to consider putting her in her place if she grows any more unruly.
Check on the progress of our ghostly smith and thank him for his service, i don't imagine he gets much gratitude.
Also make sure that a place is set aside for dining, though that's a minor concern.
Tell Gwendolyn our son has gotten very close to saying her name, i'm sure she will be delighted. 
Beyond that? Wait for Rox to return, split time between speaking with our child, and perhaps practicing the finer points of fire manipulation. I believe there were more advanced books lying around, correct?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 04:13:59 am by Mlamlah »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 24, 2012, 07:45:12 am »

So, we have a blacksmith apprentice, I think our ghost just got a student. And you know that I prefer not to eat humans and concentrate on elves and and later, goblins

I am little worried about the Rox. Surely she is quite upset by Alice's new form and may do something stupid and get in a trouble. anyway we can't go and search her

Family playing with the fire at the forge is a nice way to spend some time and improve our teaching abilities.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 24, 2012, 08:29:45 am »

I think Rox already over reacted, didn't Alice calm him down?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 24, 2012, 09:56:30 am »

So, we have a blacksmith apprentice, I think our ghost just got a student. And you know that I prefer not to eat humans and concentrate on elves and and later, goblins

I am little worried about the Rox. Surely she is quite upset by Alice's new form and may do something stupid and get in a trouble. anyway we can't go and search her

Family playing with the fire at the forge is a nice way to spend some time and improve our teaching abilities.

That is a good possibility if we still plan to release the ghost.  Otherwise I say we extract the information from him (maybe also ask about human civilizations nearby) and then either train him into something useful, or eat him.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 24, 2012, 10:45:09 am »

Sending the mermaid to talk with the boy sounds like a plan. She's the least freakish in the group. Personally, I am somewhat inclined to take his offer--allies among the townsmen can't be anything but good.

I agree with thanking the smith. We're a polite night troll, and need to set a good example for our son. And Cherlyn.

Maybe have the mermaid talk with him first. Ghosts aren't as much like people as people are.

Don't count your...dead chickens before they...um...look, wait for the problem to come up before expecting it. I suspect that if Rox truly loves Alice, she'll be more unhappy about the slight changes in personality than the wings and such.

Family playing with the fire at the forge is a nice way to spend some time and improve our;  abilities.
As bad of an idea as that sounds like, it's a good idea.

About the boy: I suggest having the mermaid calm him down/get him prepared for weirder things, introduce him to the ghost, talk, and offer him a position here as the ghost's apprentice. Surely a ghostly dwarven "master" smith would be a better master than some old human?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 24, 2012, 02:57:06 pm »

This sounds good to me, couldn't hurt to have something of a human emissary. While having a smith that doesn't tire and does not need to eat or sleep is pretty handy i think that seeing how good of a smith the boy might turn out to be could be a good idea, if we do apprentice the boy then we should explain to the ghost that it might mean the hour of his freedom is a little closer, perhaps that will act as incentive to teach him well.

Should we catch someone to eat?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 24, 2012, 03:08:58 pm »

Let's try to catch someone less interesting this time.  :P
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 24, 2012, 03:16:13 pm »

Life seems to be easier for us on the whole if we eviscerate/eat first and ask questions later.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 24, 2012, 03:41:42 pm »

Let's try to catch someone less interesting this time.  :P

Everyone is special in their own way.  We just need to start caring less.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 24, 2012, 04:01:58 pm »

We've come upon at least as many useless folk as special one's, we've merely been using our resources efficiently.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 24, 2012, 04:27:08 pm »

True enough I suppose.  When have we last eaten anyhow?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 24, 2012, 04:43:51 pm »

We've come upon at least as many useless folk as special one's, we've merely been using our resources efficiently.
Truish. Next time, we need to find someone more useless.
Sig

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 24, 2012, 08:33:05 pm »

1. Promise to spare the boy in return for the info about Nocteclaw's followers in town, then send him off to be 'educated' by our merfolk friend.

2. Send word to Leaf - who has a great deal of economic influence, at least until his father returns - and request that the worshippers the boy mentioned be given preferential treatment, such as lower interest rates on loans and so forth. Assure him that any expense will be vastly overshadowed by our future successes, and that this is a crucial step in our plans.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 24, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »

Also finding and killing that guys father could be useful.  Or at least having a word with his father.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 143