Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 483597 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95b beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1410 on: January 25, 2013, 06:56:01 pm »

>BTW, I updated the archive and description for the Linux executable, but it appears that so far no one cares, because all the people liking this mod use Windows.
Give it some time.  It is going to take awhile for word to spread and it hasn't been Linux friendly since the beginning.

EDIT:
I find a dead pony as I check the gigantic water reservoir project.  No hostile for miles.
First thought, something stupid like dehydration or starvation from carrying heavy rocks around has killed her.
I check the body and see its my record keeper and job organizer, Applewax.
My Initial Reaction: WTF how you die?!
Applewax has died of Old Age.
Next Reaction: Wut?  How old was she and that other old pony that died?

Checking raws: [MAXAGE:60:120]
... Most my ponies are at the nice age of around 30-ish.  How unlucky.

EDIT2: I got around 10 slave ponies running around drinking my water and possibly even eating my food, maybe.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:14:23 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 26, 2013, 01:48:08 am »

> Apparently I have not triggered the Steel Rangers or Alicorns after 5 years, cause the ghouls and sometimes the attackers kill some of the traders.
They're population triggered as well at 110 ponies. The alicorns don't even have a trade trigger, in fact.

> Radscorpions, Protectaponies, carp, Sprite-Bots, and radigators
A small, well armed militia and a few robots do much to help survival in the first few months. After that, defensive Stable design (Killing halls, etc) and careful scavenging should limit deaths even further.

> I complained to Lycaeon that the [yellow ghoul] radiaton sickness is so severe. The answer was "working as intended".
Upon reexamination I agree, but the next lower radiation level is too weak. I'll probably give them an increased cooldown so once they've used the radburst you'll be able to kill them safely.

> For some reason I am massively terrified of starting a new fort. I can't bring myself to do it.
Loss is not something to be feared, but embraced. Watching a fortress you've cultivated over many years collapse within the span of a month due to a myriad of insurmountable forces can be just as exciting, if not more so, than the process of building it up. At least, I like to think that's why some of you choose to embark in evil/savage regions and get mauled by ghouls. ???

> I updated the archive and description for the Linux executable, but it appears that so far no one cares.
I concur with Zangi; you should give it more time, seeing as even the mod itself is quite young.

> How old was she and that other old pony that died?
Migrants are derived from the worldgen population and so can be of any age.

> I got around 10 slave ponies running around drinking my water and possibly even eating my food, maybe.
They won't require food/water in future versions, but for now you can always convert them to enslaved laborers.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:29:47 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 26, 2013, 06:06:34 am »

Shoot a group of radscorpions, swarms more come! Gah, it's like no matter what I do I can never keep the surface clean. Time to wall the world!

Wilde Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 26, 2013, 06:33:47 am »

Currently I have a possessed Potter and he's muttering about Insightorbs, help?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just the name of the native gold bracelet he was making
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:36:22 am by Wilde Card »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 26, 2013, 07:10:39 am »

As far as I can tell, the surface (and possibly) the caverns periodically run checks to see if new animals / monsters should be spawned. If the map is empty, something will migrate in. If there are (two?) groups of animals, nothing more will come until they are gone. So no, you can't keep the surface clean.
On work-around, which should make it into my military guide, is to trap some animals / radscorpions / non-pegasus ghouls in some pit, where they will be out of the way and won't be seen. Keeping them in cages doesn't count, it has to be in the open. That way the game will think the number of animals is at their limit and won't spawn new ones.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 26, 2013, 03:45:58 pm »

Currently, the flow chart doesn't cover the magic research system too well. I finally found out how to copy hologems, but that was through random experimentation.

Two questions:
1. Can you copy a computer matrix or other computer parts?
2. Is there a way to produce silk without breaking open the caverns?

Also, my military is 9 gunner CM ponies led by a magic master Unicorn. Can I give the unicorn Scorpion Power Armor?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 26, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »

Well, I have a self-dictated challange for myself:

Going to try and remake the Society from PH. Every Unicorn is getting some stupidly noblish title, and every earth pony is going to be treated like garbage. Going to keep the fort low-tech, and with a focus on underground farming up in a freezing biome. Then, when the time is right, the single entrance to the massive undergound complex is going to be sealed with obsidian and everything outside can rot.

Then, let my unicorns live like gods. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 26, 2013, 06:45:28 pm »

> Shoot a group of radscorpions, swarms more come!
The next update will mitigate this with some (relatively) benign creatures for non-savage/evil biomes.

> Currently, the flow chart doesn't cover the magic research system too well. I finally found out how to copy hologems, but that was through random experimentation.
Hmm...can you elaborate? While the explanations and reaction lists haven't been added to the flowcharts (I've been admittedly lax in finishing the new Workshops and Industries guide :-[), I'm always looking for ways to improve transparency.

> Can you copy a computer matrix or other computer parts?
Not yet, but they're planned.

> Is there a way to produce silk without breaking open the caverns?
A chemistry lab that you can use to convert biofuel into synthetic silk will be included in the drug industry update. For now, however, the caverns are the only source.

> Well, I have a self-dictated challange for myself
While I can't speak on the viability of your endeavor, I wish you luck! ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:48:24 pm by Lycaeon »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 26, 2013, 07:19:19 pm »

Actualy, on that note, any chance for a list of soon-to-be-added creatures?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 26, 2013, 07:22:41 pm »

The slaver caravan also tends to have a lot of silk.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 26, 2013, 07:51:11 pm »

There's an incomplete list somewhere in the thread, but I'd rather not spoil the newer creatures.

Indeed, the slave trader caravans also bring silk. Thanks for pointing that out!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:14:34 pm by Lycaeon »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 26, 2013, 08:01:47 pm »

I've noticed that this is retardedly hard. Im okay with this. However, whats up with the delay after a gun firing?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 26, 2013, 08:16:10 pm »

Indeed, the slave trader caravans also bring silk. Thanks for pointing that out!

Why shoulden't they? If your going to bind ponies to your iron-shod will, you should do it in style.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 26, 2013, 09:13:28 pm »

Plywood shields... what category of stock is it?  There is no plywood/stone under armor.

EDIT: Project Wall the outside.  Success.  3x3 map.  Cause gorram Steel Rangers.  Now, project roof it is a go.  Maybe I should leave children locked up outside so I wouldn't need to spend a month or two of dodge action, with many casualties...

Also, this one pony, sitting outside the wall.  I opened it to let him in.   Had to wait for him to come inside, despite me making him burrow inside.  He finally comes in.  Then when some other pony comes to close the wall in, he jumps right past him, outside.  Fine, stay outside.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:23:52 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 27, 2013, 02:19:44 pm »

> I've noticed that this is retardedly hard. Im okay with this. However, whats up with the delay after a gun firing?
Are you referring to fortress mode or adventure mode? While adventure mode is difficult, fortress mode shouldn't be if you're playing cautiously. In any case, the normal guns aren't automatic due to the nature of ranged weapons in DF, but you can increase firing speed with the gunnery skill.

> Plywood shields... what category of stock is it?  There is no plywood/stone under armor.
It may be considered wood, though I'm not sure. I didn't account for plywood as an armor material.

Development is progressing, albeit slowly, as modding time is scarce these days. :( I'm open to bug reports and suggestions in the meantime.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:21:25 pm by Lycaeon »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 210