Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 483706 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95c beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1530 on: February 05, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »

I should've phrased that better...the Mr. Pharmy would be difficult to kill, but won't be able to fight.

The Cryo (Or Stasis) Pod freezes the pony in suspended animation for years, decades even. Though seemingly impractical, (Given that most Stables don't last that long) ponies in stasis don't require food or drink, tantrum, or suffer many of the problems that living, breathing ponies do. It's a convenient way of removing heavily wounded, troublesome, or even excess citizens from the picture, eliminating their upkeep without actually killing them (Which runs the risk of angering your other citizens). It's also a great roleplay mechanic. ;)

Alcohol is commonly used as a disinfectant...the soap is just a gimmick that lets it be used as such ingame.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 05, 2013, 07:09:10 pm »

Here is that secret mod I was working on...

The Stable-Tec Cryopod
While investigating how to best preserve pony life, the Stable-Tec Corporation briefly investigated cryogenic freezing. However, the project was scrapped after it was deemed inefficient. You can, however, still find experimental chemicals in Stable-Tec crates.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7375 is the download.

This mod adds a "Cryopod Packager" workshop, a cryopod creature and some cryogel chemicals. You can currently freeze your ponies for 10, 20, and 30-year periods. The cryopod creature is only a modified spritebot, so if someone wanted to create a better one that would be great. Follow instructions on the DL page to install. Feedback and comments welcome!
Not working for me, It sends me to something called here.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 05, 2013, 07:10:14 pm »

Copy+paste the link, someone got the URL and the text for it backwards :P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 05, 2013, 07:28:05 pm »

GUYS
I GOT A PONY NAMED SATIN
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 05, 2013, 07:49:00 pm »

This is amazing. Halfway through spring and my hammerponies have already racked up two pages of feral dogs.  :D

The spawnrate for dogs might be a tad excessive, but my military is halfway to legendary and I have ten barrels of canine meat, so I'm not complaining.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 05, 2013, 08:07:27 pm »

Glad you enjoy it! :) I thought I introduced enough new creatures in the last patch to mitigate the dogs, but apparently not. :-\
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 05, 2013, 08:25:55 pm »

Oh, on closer inspection I somehow have v0.92, so that explains things.

Shall be upgrading shortly.  :)
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 06, 2013, 02:11:23 am »

The spawnrate for dogs might be a tad excessive
Technically, the spawn rate is as fast as you can kill / capture all of the roaming 'monsters'.

>Zangi: What’s your population at right now? Have you received Unity ambushes? Any feedback on this will help with the invasion balancing, especially if you feel there are too many attacks going on. How long did those two Stables last, and were they both in this version? Slave traders have a population trigger of 80 and high wealth/trade triggers, so you may not have lasted long enough to trigger them, or it could be a problem with that particular worldgen. Is anyone else not having their slave traders show up?

Current fort, my population is 50-ish, but my wealth is +600k.  My trade is roughly...  15k.   I should have hit the progress trigger for wealth a few years ago.
The fort before, I abandoned it early or something I forgot why.  Might've been the version change.

Yea, capping my fort population and looking to only expand it by grabbing slaves and stuff. (This may be an interesting thing to support, not like you need to expand any resources to add slave ponies once you jump past 50/80 population.... the migrants will just keep on coming if there is room.)
Population management for me goes to hell once things explode past 50.  Plus, I get into, "ok, +20 of you mooks can die at a time without a problem" mode.  And the idlers...  so many of em, I do not like that.  It is when I start doing reckless things, because I got the numbers.  Endless Gravestones 
I at least end up having around 10 important ponies that I coddle, but yea, the rest can get stuffed in a coffin.  (I'm pretty horribad at setting up a military.)

EDIT: As for my older forts, having nearly round the clock ambushes/sieges is pretty annoying, especially if I want to try to trade or do anything above ground. (But then ghouls were a huge part of that problem... forcing me to stay underground for multiple seasons.)
You could probably set it so each separate enemy entity, have 2 active season's each.  So you are less likely to get back to back attacks from the same enemy.  I want to suggest winter as a 'breather' season.  Plus, I suppose you'll have to balance the whole thing to fit in more late game entities.
I guess this is a perspective of a player who has never really succeeded in making even a half-way decent military force, ever, in DF playing history....
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:21:10 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 06, 2013, 03:47:32 am »

>I know that all mod programmers will bestuck working overtime just to bring their mod up to date when the next edition comes out, but I thought of a way to make this mod even cooler with the tree updates.
Instead of having just "salvage" logs, you could make skyscraper "trees" using the tree code that Toady assures us will be moddable. That way, our ponies could set up camp in an old skyscraper. You could even have them drop salvage as "fruit".

Habajagobija... YES! Although I don't know if we'll be able to embark on giant trees, or if they're intended only for Adventurer mode.

>This mod adds a "Cryopod Packager" workshop, a cryopod creature and some cryogel chemicals. You can currently freeze your ponies for 10, 20, and 30-year periods. The cryopod creature is only a modified spritebot, so if someone wanted to create a better one that would be great. Follow instructions on the DL page to install. Feedback and comments welcome!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>It's a convenient way of removing heavily wounded, troublesome, or even excess citizens from the picture, eliminating their upkeep without actually killing them (Which runs the risk of angering your other citizens). It's also a great roleplay mechanic.

I've been wanting to turn those same types of ponies into statues for a long time. Huh........ Turn them into cryo creatures... Then.. PASTURE THEM! Fantastic!

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 06, 2013, 05:34:42 am »

Lycaeon: I remove the spoiler tags then. There will be screenshots next time.

tahujdt: Can you unfreeze your ponies, or is the change permanent?
Also, can I be your chief of security? Or a squad captain if you don't do justice.

Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 06, 2013, 06:29:45 am »

> tahujdt: Can you unfreeze your ponies, or is the change permanent?
It lasts 10, 20 or 30 years, which, with the lifespan of an average fortress is pretty permanent.

I finally looked over your updated workshops and industries guide. The text advice looks good. The flowcharts are somewhat hard to follow. It may be a fault of the program, you're using.

Why not merge Fountain and Water Pump into a single workshop?

I rather liked training a lot of skills at a standardised Stable-Tec terminal and now this is being progressively separated into more things. VRTs are a nice addition for military skills, but I still think metalworking skills belong elsewhere.

The medical simulator / MoP terminal (that I would rather not have and just train medical skills at the Stable-Tec terminal) should include a reaction to designate healing. That way you'd only need one type of terminals in the hospital.

As of now, you can't refubrish Little Macintoshes and, more importantly, Spitfire's Thunders to give them the Masterwork quality they should have in the first place. I'm not sure if this is by design or omission; those weapons are quite powerful as they are now, especially in the hooves of legendary soldiers, where quality matters less.

Has anyone had a bug where drinking an upgrade potion from a waterskin didn't give the upgrade?

I think that Star Metal can only currently be used for security barding and chains. How about adding some sort of "Advanced Power Armour" to the design list? According to Project Horizons NMN had a Starmetal Armour, but the metal is much better suited for weapons as it tries to absorb the souls around it, so encasing a pony in it is probably not a good idea.

How about some way to remove a no longer wanted upgrade from a pony. Is this even possible?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

ulrikk

• Bay Watcher
  • Rock salt mechanism?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 06, 2013, 09:52:39 am »

This mod is awesome!  :D

...but I have some problems with food production. I even had to slaughter my dogs to feed the populace. Imagine ponies slaughtering their cute little doggies and then eat them? Gruesome. I suspect that I haven't used the right settings on the farm plots, because I get way too little food for 15 plots and 6 farmers. I just set one crop per season, is that the correct way to farm in this mod?

And thanks a million for creating this mod. It's so much fun, and a bit heartbreaking at times. When a dwarf dies I go 'whatever. That stupid little git had it coming for being so increadibly STOOPID!' But when a cute pony dies it takes a little bit of my heart with it. They are precious. I find myself checking the units dialog every three minutes to see if there are any nasties out there, trying to eat my cute little scavengers. Maybe I'm taking this a bit too far...  ::)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 06, 2013, 11:06:14 am »

...but I have some problems with food production. I even had to slaughter my dogs to feed the populace. Imagine ponies slaughtering their cute little doggies and then eat them? Gruesome. I suspect that I haven't used the right settings on the farm plots, because I get way too little food for 15 plots and 6 farmers. I just set one crop per season, is that the correct way to farm in this mod?

And thanks a million for creating this mod. It's so much fun, and a bit heartbreaking at times. When a dwarf dies I go 'whatever. That stupid little git had it coming for being so increadibly STOOPID!' But when a cute pony dies it takes a little bit of my heart with it. They are precious. I find myself checking the units dialog every three minutes to see if there are any nasties out there, trying to eat my cute little scavengers. Maybe I'm taking this a bit too far...  ::)
For food, can you fish?  Or is that not ideal either?   
Anyways, from my experience.... I would go for Sweet Pod/Cave Wheat farming.  They are the most reliable, but, you'll have to process and cook them before you can eat them.  Plus, both can be brewed.  I forgot which yielded more crops over the long term.  Or maybe it was only one of em that does yield more.  You really only need 1 farmer and don't give the farmer too many jobs.  A single dedicated farmer could handle a good bit of farm space by themselves if that is their only job.  Plus, I think they yield more crops or something of the like.

As for myself, I tend to usually have a huge meat industry... but I can actually tone that down and downsize/free up a large part of my population, considering what I've learned.

Your stance on 'cute pony'... I don't know how they can be more attachable then a dwarf...
Also, Bhramin Wool Table.  Damn you dwarvesponies.  Damn you and your demands.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 06, 2013, 11:25:40 am »

Farming takes a longer time in Lycs mod.

But try growing multiple plots of Synth-Reeds and Sweet Pods 3 out of 4 seasons a year early on and expand with plots of other crops later on if you want variation.
Might take some time before you get farming going in full swing, so it helps if you have something to help supplement food til then, like fish and wildlife.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 06, 2013, 12:47:59 pm »

I like Synth reeds because they can be cooked, brewed, processed into oil and processed into fiber, but if you value efficiency then quarry bushes are the way to go, you just need bags. Quarry bushes also make for large stack sizes, good for trading with caravans. You do not set crops to grow in just one season. Have the same farm plot grow the same crop for as many seasons as possible. On season change, when another kind of plant is to be grown in a farm, any leftover crops are removed and you really don't want that, considering that the time it takes for the plants to grow has been increased.

My usual way of feeding my population is buying food from the caravans and selling them prepared meals.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 210