Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73488 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchling [Xenofiction]
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

Are we a zerg larva?
No. Zerg larvae do not eat each other. (If they did, I would be in serious trouble... <- plays as zerg in SC2)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »

Are we a zerg larva?
No. Zerg larvae do not eat each other. (If they did, I would be in serious trouble... <- plays as zerg in SC2)
Wait, then why is a protoss sentinal your avatar?
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »

Are we a zerg larva?
Wait, then why is a protoss sentinal your avatar?
Irony?
Aesthetics?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2012, 07:53:51 pm »

You look for a last-minute snack...

3But you find nothing to eat. It seems everyone has Coccooned already, and you can't bust through the hardened silk. You find a slightly stale corpse half-eaten, but you can only get a few bites down without retching.

Your time is up. It's time to coccoon yourself; Most grubs have done so already. The early ones got unraveled, but the late ones will face the skittering things high above, who's black chitin gleams slightly in the dim light. Each has what seems a thousand eyes, and more legs, and their mandibles are long, much longer then yours. As you watch, one skitters down the wall and sinks its fangs into a still-soft coccoon, woven just before your arrival.

It would be best to find a safe spot.

You huddle into a worn out crack in the stone wall, pulling a eggshell in front like a door. Your tail and spinnerettes start to dance back and forth, weaving silk all across the room, encapsulating you. You begin from the rear, and keep your head and eyes free to look for any danger. Not that you can fight in this state.

But as you weave you see something odd. A great brown thing enters, carrying a stick twice as long as the largest of your brothers. It waves the stick high, scattering the Skitterers and knocking them off the roof. It glances at you with eyes slitted horizontally, yellow and black, and bares its teeth. It come close, leans over your crack in the wall, and extends a bony tendril to stroke the front of your head softly.

You fall deep asleep, and when you awake, you have changed.

But first, you must get out. How do you break your coccoon? By hand, by foot, by skull or by tool?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2012, 07:57:23 pm »

By hand, foot, and skull. And tool.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:06:12 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2012, 08:02:03 pm »

In denial of sanity...

and insanity

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2012, 08:14:50 pm »

By hand, foot, and skull. And tool.
+1.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2012, 08:23:58 pm »

You may only choose one. There is not enough room for two means of assault.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 08:25:30 pm »

What tools do we have, then?
Sig! Onol

Mr. Doc

• Bay Watcher
  • Semi-Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 08:35:50 pm »

I vote for tool

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2012, 08:39:46 pm »

What tools do we have, then?
Basically whacking it with a rock.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2012, 08:42:47 pm »

Very well then. Wait, how did we get a rock inside our coccoon?
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2012, 08:53:41 pm »

Rock out!
Of the cocoon!
Sig

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2012, 09:12:53 pm »

Use the rock. If we don't have enough room to use the rock effectively, claw and bite our way out.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2012, 10:04:41 pm »

You can feel a rock pressing into the soft flesh of your thigh (where is your chitin?). Without thinking to hard about it, you reach down and pull the rock forward. It scrapes along underneath you, giving you pain but no permanent scars. Finally you have it in a space with enough air to swing it slightly.

It takes a few minutes for you to tumble free, but when you do you realize how much bigger you are. Almost half a meter long, or high, you realize, as your brain struggles to right itself. Your first steps with your new feet are shaky, and you fall, but eventually you can stand and can observe your body.

Your front four legs have fused together into two long, spindly appendages. The appendages split into several smaller ones, about eight of them total, though you don't know the words of the number yet. On what used to be your back and is now your bottom, you hind legs have grown much akin to your front, but end in flat, soft feet. You have six toes, and the nails upon them are quite a bit more soft and flexible than your old chitin.

Your torso is less translucent now, and you cannot see your organs anymore. You're covered in brown, wrinkly skin, and short gray hair is thinly scattered about your body. The room is hot, and already moisture gathers on your brow and shoulders, cooling you. When you turn your head, large ears flop about haphazardly, but you can hear better than ever before, including the voices outside the cave.

"Guktu-do Sasa-Gahol Gahol-mehan Guktu Set Krim Set Gahol. Setsu-Sa Ulla-sha Set Danun-Dab, Setsu-sa Guktu-go Jas Jasun-ta Baha."

"Doldu-doldu."

"Simpe-graku Ulla-sha?"

"Nek. Sola-ra Ban Ulla-sha. Jasun Gol fesdu-na Ulla-sha Set Dolda Sola-ra Mep Doldu-Behre."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54