Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73945 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchling [Xenofiction]
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2012, 09:32:20 pm »

I was referring to the last bit on damage/health

Edit: Early on, military CAN be worse than a barefist hunter
Oh.  Yeah.  Makes sense, and hunters were pretty much barefist in the far past.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2012, 09:37:38 pm »

Methodically, she would have to excel at killing her enemy before it killed her

She could also use the stupid melee spears, and dirt as a weapon if need be

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2012, 09:42:08 pm »

Setting up the poll now.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2012, 10:41:55 pm »

Methodically, she would have to excel at killing her enemy before it killed her

She could also use the stupid melee spears, and dirt as a weapon if need be
Yeah, if these guys are the same as pre-agricultural humans, then they probably use spears.
As fo- EAT DIRT
Wait, where was I?
Oh yeah.  I don't know how dirt would work for hunting.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2012, 10:50:38 pm »

A wild boar with enormous tusks charges at you
weapons :Bonn
A blinded boar wont fight as well,and is less likely to gore you violently, and can be more easily dodged

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 08, 2012, 11:00:47 pm »

A blinded boar wont fight as well,and is less likely to gore you violently, and can be more easily dodged
If it's charging at you, you're gonna want to just run diagonal.  Dirt isn't really all that good at blinding, and you're not really going to engage the boar in fisticuffs.  You run around, keep him at arms length.  I mean, it won't hurt you to try, but dirt isn't going to have that much of an impact.  A better tactic is to have two or three of you in a group, have one distract them, and have the rest stab from different sides.  I mean, it's a boarfight, not a barfight. 
Also, he's typically rooting around in the dirt.  A bit in the face won't bother him.  Think of boars like quadraped (is that spelled right?  My computer keeps telling me it's "quad-raped") Dwarves.  Wait, why are we talking about boars?  I guess against a bear, it would be more viable.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 08, 2012, 11:09:57 pm »

If it's charging at you, you're gonna want to just run diagonal.  Dirt isn't really all that good at blinding, and you're not really going to engage the boar in fisticuffs.  You run around, keep him at arms length.  I mean, it won't hurt you to try, but dirt isn't going to have that much of an impact.  A better tactic is to have two or three of you in a group, have one distract them, and have the rest stab from different sides.  I mean, it's a boarfight, not a barfight. 
Also, he's typically rooting around in the dirt.  A bit in the face won't bother him.  Think of boars like quadraped (is that spelled right?  My computer keeps telling me it's "quad-raped") Dwarves.  Wait, why are we talking about boars?  I guess against a bear, it would be more viable.
Quadruped. Just for future use.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 08, 2012, 11:38:58 pm »

I like how you took my completely random scenario for reference, and turned it into a war about facts and tactis:p

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 09, 2012, 12:27:01 am »

Thanks.  For some reason, my computer liked the alternative phrase better...   :-\

I like how you took my completely random scenario for reference, and turned it into a war about facts and tactis:p
I... have a habit of doing this.  At lunch, I steered a conversation with a friend from "That painting looks kinda wrong" to "Everything is Dicks."

But that's enough derailment, from me.  Mainly because I really, really need to get some sleep.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 09, 2012, 04:38:29 pm »

Poll completed! Arkun-Sha it is!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a misty day, otherwise reminiscent of your Hatching. But this time, you are not bound. This time you stand tall, above the other goblins of your tribe. You have reached your full adult height, over a meter tall. Your chest juts proudly from your form, and your muscles are well toned. You are a prime physical specimen, due to your hatching circumstances. You are large, and powerful, and a good leader.

But above these things you are witty. You are cunning. You are a Shaman! Under the tutelage of Ulla-sha, your mind has grown quick and nimble where it was not before. Under the wing of Ulla-sha, you developed a sharp tongue, and you know how to dish out and recieve verbal abuse when needed. You also developed something of a temper, but under Ulla's watchful eye you can restrain it. You've learned the lore of the tribes, all of the tribes of the Confederation, and taken their morals to heart. You are a good goblin, a good man!

STATCORE GAINED: Ageless Wisdom
STATCORE GAINED: Witty
STATCORE GAINED: Abrasive Personality

With your huge stature, strong mind, and sharp tongue, none could possibly stand against you! Your first set of eyelids slide over your eyes, obscuring your vision but protecting you from the harsh smoke and inscense. Your arms raise high, to the chanting of the crowd! Ulla herself kneels before you, and offers you a Shamans staff.

"There is nothing more I can teach you." She says solemnly. "Go forth,

ARKUN-SHA, NO LONGER HATCHLING!"

As you turn to the south, the mist deepens. You spy a plume of smoke in the distance. You turn slightly, to see if Ulla sees it too. She does.

Arkun, You are an adult now. The world is yours to take. Down what roads will fate lead you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2012, 05:13:29 pm »

Awesome!

>Say something about being glad to be the receptacle of history. You are proud to have learned past and present history from Ulla-shamam, and eager to register future events, and later teach everything to another hatchling. Being a shaman is being a link in a chain that transcend time, and you couldn't have wished a better destiny.
>Enjoy post-ceremony festivities with Alca (she's the closest we have to a friend if I remember well)
>In the following day(s), ask Ulla-sha if she has any specific task for us, or something we should do. If she hasn't (and nobody else does), just follow Alca or try to make friends.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

+1
Might have to change title GM, as we are no longer w hatchoing

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 09, 2012, 05:55:10 pm »

Awesome!

>Say something about being glad to be the receptacle of history. You are proud to have learned past and present history from Ulla-shamam, and eager to register future events, and later teach everything to another hatchling. Being a shaman is being a link in a chain that transcend time, and you couldn't have wished a better destiny.
>Enjoy post-ceremony festivities with Alca (she's the closest we have to a friend if I remember well)
>In the following day(s), ask Ulla-sha if she has any specific task for us, or something we should do. If she hasn't (and nobody else does), just follow Alca or try to make friends.
+1
+1 to both
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2012, 06:37:43 pm »

Awesome!

+1
+1 to both
Merry +1 to all, and to all a good [insert time of day in your time zone].
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 09, 2012, 08:12:16 pm »

Awesome!

+1
+1 to both
Merry +1 to all, and to all a good [insert time of day in your time zone].
+ 1 und guten abend Herr Gelb! I hope I spelled that right.  My Deutsch is a bit rusty.  Bah, not like many of you will notice/care.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54