Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73477 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction]
« Reply #450 on: December 19, 2012, 06:31:49 am »

Try to gauge the speaker.  But get ready to book it the hell outta there, because I think this fella will end up a bit like Hitler, with gobos as the jews, of course.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 19, 2012, 07:30:31 am »

You're making a lot of assumptions from the fact that he's speaking in public. Sure, Hitler did that, but so did Obama. Are you suggesting that we can assume anyone who speaks in public is Hitlerian?

He could just be giving a speech congratulating them on making this such a fine colony already. Or telling a story. Or reporting a crime. Or organizing a search party.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 19, 2012, 12:24:34 pm »

You're making a lot of assumptions from the fact that he's speaking in public. Sure, Hitler did that, but so did Obama. Are you suggesting that we can assume anyone who speaks in public is Hitlerian?

He could just be giving a speech congratulating them on making this such a fine colony already. Or telling a story. Or reporting a crime. Or organizing a search party.
I agree and that's exactly what we are trying to determine.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 19, 2012, 03:37:09 pm »

I agree and that's exactly what we are trying to determine.
Didn't it say that the people were getting rather agitated looking?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2012, 03:38:44 pm »

Why should it mean "nazis"?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 19, 2012, 04:12:43 pm »

Never said that they were nazis, I just used it because there is a large gathering of people listening to a speaker who is getting them worked up.  The most well known example of someone who did that, and did it quite well, was Hitler.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 19, 2012, 04:16:19 pm »

A prime example of going from Fun to Hitler in 0 seconds.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 19, 2012, 04:19:35 pm »

Never said that they were nazis, I just used it because there is a large gathering of people listening to a speaker who is getting them worked up.  The most well known example of someone who did that, and did it quite well, was Hitler.
It may not even "working them up". In fact, it is even unlikely. My bet is more along the lines of "uh, guys, there's a problem: [insert here one or more amongst: food shortage, communication problem, political tension, local wildlife related problem, disappearance, they found out gobbos, this week-end concert is canceled...]"

and if "speaker = hitler" for you, you might have a problem.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 19, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »

What, not Jesus? He also got people worked up.
There, two examples from opposite ends of morality.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 19, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »

It may not even "working them up". In fact, it is even unlikely. My bet is more along the lines of "uh, guys, there's a problem: [insert here one or more amongst: food shortage, communication problem, political tension, local wildlife related problem, disappearance, they found out gobbos, this week-end concert is canceled...]"

You have absolutely no idea how much I wish that I could glare at you through the internet.

This assuming that Jesus did, in fact, exist.  Martin Luther King might've been a better example, with no possibility of agitating people.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 19, 2012, 04:35:27 pm »

You have absolutely no idea how much I wish that I could glare at you through the internet.
Why?

This assuming that Jesus did, in fact, exist.  Martin Luther King might've been a better example, with no possibility of agitating people.
Pretty sure most people agree that there was a Nazarene named Jesus, son of Joseph, who got crucified after spreading the seeds for Christianity. What people don't agree on is if he was "right."
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 19, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »

Or if he was of any importance. After all, he wasn't the first messias.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 19, 2012, 04:46:06 pm »

NO.  We are not turning this into another forum for religious debate, and I admit that I was complicit in starting it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 19, 2012, 04:47:42 pm »

Yup, where did this come from anyway. Back to start.

Don't get killed

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 19, 2012, 04:49:45 pm »

Yup, where did this come from anyway. Back to start.

Don't get spotted
fixed.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54