Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73496 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction]
« Reply #465 on: December 19, 2012, 04:50:15 pm »

I think this fella will end up a bit like Hitler, with gobos as the jews, of course.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

Yup, where did this come from anyway. Back to start.

Don't get spotted
fixed.
I concur
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 19, 2012, 08:54:10 pm »

You first try to get tabs on their body language, but it's so alien to you you can't make it out. The distance also makes this an issue. All you can tell is they're agitated, not if they're celebrating something or if they're getting prepared for war.

You crawl on your belly closer, picking up to run at times when cover is at a minimum. You get as close as you can with minimal risk of being spotted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, you can't make out the language spoken. However, now that you are closer to one you see their faces resemble yours more than most animals you know of, and from their expressions you see that they are of several emotions. Many of the taller ones seem angered, the smaller ones frightened, and some of both types with flat, expressionless faces. Several times arms are flung to the speaker, or to the forest.3You try to gather what you can, but you only get vague and untrustworthy implications. They wish to do something in, or to, the forest. The speaker seems to be attempting to placate them, but they aren't buying it. You still cannot tell precisely what the problem is.

Your closer vantage point gives you a better view of their faces, however. You notice several different colors of hair upon their heads, some a dark black, some lighter brown, a dozen or so bright yellow, and one a vivid green, like the leaves of a tree. The Alien Ones seem to have only one eyelid, and blink frequently. The inside of their eye is odd as well, a bright white hue with a colorful circle of blue or brown or green surrounding a pupil that is perfectly round in a most odd fashion. Their eyes also face more forward than your own, which leaves you with the impression of a natural predator.

However, even predators are not evil. You note one emotion shown among all the conflict. Concern. Something has happened.

You'd better take this back to the tribe.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 19, 2012, 09:06:31 pm »

((Probably the kids.))

Head back. Hope to run into those dumb kids who went exploring for some reason...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 20, 2012, 12:26:18 am »

Hey, first contact anyone?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 20, 2012, 04:11:58 am »

I'd rather not.
>Retreat, be careful not to be spotted. Return to your tribe and report.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 20, 2012, 07:05:13 am »

Stay, but if they start to head out into the woods, get the heck outta dodge.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 20, 2012, 02:26:36 pm »

I'd rather not.
Well, if someone else finds them, they may not be as open-minded as we are.  Maybe we could make a good impression on them.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 20, 2012, 04:08:39 pm »

I'd rather not.
Well, if someone else finds them, they may not be as open-minded as we are.  Maybe we could make a good impression on them.
You have a point. If they are rather open-minded as well, this is a very good idea. If they are rather xenophobic however, it's not.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 20, 2012, 05:34:18 pm »

Hey, I think we need to start taking bets on whether or not we run into Raun in the forest on the way back.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 20, 2012, 05:46:19 pm »

I bet yes.

I'll wager my GMing of You Are Islanders. Anyone want to match?
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 20, 2012, 05:48:58 pm »

I'd rather not.
You have a point. If they are rather open-minded as well, this is a very good idea. If they are rather xenophobic however, it's not.
They are on our planet, so hopefully they are more open to strange fauna.
We should be careful though, they may be agitated.

If we do decide to make first contact, we should do something that shows our sentience, but shouldn't be misunderstood as hostile.
Which means if we go, we should go now and try to discern what the meeting is about.  There is a greater chance some of these people are going to be more tolerant than there is in a small group.  The leader, for one.  He was probably chosen for being open-minded and wise, like most leaders.

We are quite witty, and while we may not be able to communicate verbally, perhaps our body language could convey our general message of curiosity and non-aggression.

I mean, think about it in terms of probabilities.  If our races encounter each other randomly, it will be hunters finding each other.  They are more likely to want to kill and eat the other.  Which, as they tell me, is not a very good diplomatic decision.

And if we tell our village, what is going to happen then?  I'm guessing some are going to want to kill the colonists.  Maybe we won't be able to stop them, and the first piece of Goblin craftsmanship the colonists will see is a spear.
There isn't much our society can do about racist Goblins.  We don't have that strong of leadership, and if we exile one rebellious Goblin, he can just go to another tribe.  That is something the colonists don't have to worry about, only having one settlement.

And besides, we could be a hero!  To both Goblins and Colonists! 
We'll go down in history, and maybe impress the lovely Whatever-the-hell-the-tomboy-is-called-I-am-too-lazy-to-remember!

And maybe they'll give us a shiny!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 20, 2012, 06:27:32 pm »

I think we're more worried about how open-minded the other goblins will be.
Especially if said goblin is one who finds the humans again...
Sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 20, 2012, 08:03:39 pm »

-_- So I had to do a total reset and lost my file with all your Stat Cores. I think I got most of them though. If I miss one tell me.

Also, the Colonists have more than one settlement. This is just the American-Canadian-Japanese one. There's another down to the south that I belive I said had some Germans in it? There's also one a bit farther to the East on an island With Russians, Ukranians and a mix of other Slavic peoples of rather... Less importance to Global politics at this period of time. There's one with Spain, China and South Korea too.

WWIII made odd bedfellows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wriggle away, managing to get free of the tribe of Tall Ones with relative ease.

You decide to head back to the tribe. You'll need to tell them something, but you're afraid of xenophobia among your tribesmen and the others of the Confederation. You don't want the first goblins they see to be carrying spears and bolos, after all. Ulla would be the wisest first choice, you trust her to judge with cool logic how best to proceed.

Unfortunately, as you enter the clearing of huts and campfires you notice another hubub. Your heart beats fast, your adrenalin begins to flow, and your brain processes the sight before you.

A small group of the Aliens are held by woven rope on stage. Odd liquid beads on their skin, and their eyes move frantically. The chieftan is on stage, and speaks thusly:

"-And these strange creatures, already defiling the soil of the gods with too many toes, now seek to come to us? What is this?!" He holds up a small, shiny cylinder, one face made of clearstone and revealing a white inside with a spinning needle. "A weapon?! Do they seek to assault us?" He tosses it to the crowd, who jeer and stomp on it.

What can you do?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 20, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

Point out that there are more of these alien beings, and that we should probably avoid antagonising them for the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54