Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73899 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction]
« Reply #495 on: December 21, 2012, 11:28:55 pm »

No, he wouldn't challenge us.

Stop him, and make up some shamanistic bull about the aliens coming with the protection of --gods, ancestors, whatever the hell these guys believe in-- and say we're here to help the two races coexist.  Then start to free the colonists and bring them back.  Tell the rest of the Goblins to stay away, and make sure the aliens know we mean them no harm.

If the chieftain opposes us, kick his ass.  Preferably with help.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 21, 2012, 11:31:12 pm »

That's why WE'RE challenging HIM.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 22, 2012, 12:01:11 am »

Let me rephrase:

The old Chieftain would not accept a challenge from a young, recently graduated apprentice of the ex-shaman during the tribe's civil war that happened to break out during the execution of other-worldly beings.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 22, 2012, 02:44:05 am »

Let me rephrase:

The old Chieftain would not accept a challenge from a young, recently graduated apprentice of the ex-shaman during the tribe's civil war that happened to break out during the execution of other-worldly beings.
Him not excepting would dishonor us both greatly. He would be saying we are weak to fight, but he is to much a coward to fight us.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 22, 2012, 02:49:42 am »

Him not excepting would dishonor us both greatly. He would be saying we are weak to fight, but he is to much a coward to fight us.
I doubt he really cares that much.  In case you guys didn't notice, there is a fucking fight going on right now.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 22, 2012, 04:14:40 am »

I doubt he really cares that much.  In case you guys didn't notice, there is a fucking fight going on right now.
I agree. Knife him to death.
Or simply knock him out and free the humans. If the one who had his eye poked out is still alive, quick first aid (stop bleeding and such).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 22, 2012, 09:29:20 am »

There's a fight starting right now. Besides, I doubt he'd want to lose honor under any circumstances, given his high status.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 22, 2012, 12:48:02 pm »

There's a fight starting right now. Besides, I doubt he'd want to lose honor under any circumstances, given his high status.
If they were all paying attention to him, yeah.  But they aren't, they're distracted by fighting others.  Anything this guy can do to win, I think he will.  He doesn't seem like the most honorable chap.
And there's more at stake than his honor.  He's old, and he's about to kill a colonist.  Chances are he'll just pretend to not hear us over the din of the revolution in the background.  Karne even pointed out this possibility.

Also, remember time is of the essence for both sides here.  The colonists might find us, they've probably phoned home that there could be hostiles out here.  It's possible they saw or received a message from the captured party at the time.  Maybe they heard the message end in an "urk!" or something.
And last time, the fight we had from a challenge took at least a day to set up.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 22, 2012, 12:54:21 pm »

If the colonist who had his eye stabbed out survives, they could always rebuild his eye, they have the technology

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 22, 2012, 01:23:57 pm »

If the colonist who had his eye stabbed out survives, they could always rebuild his eye, they have the technology
The real question is: does he have the money?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 22, 2012, 01:26:58 pm »

You know how the corporations are, they'll perform a million dollor surgery anyways, and keep him in debt forever

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 22, 2012, 01:43:11 pm »

Or use him to fight crime with his laser-eye or something.

That is what "laser-eye" surgery is, right?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 22, 2012, 02:13:44 pm »

Nope.

How about we challenge him by shouting a challenge as we attack him?
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 22, 2012, 02:16:22 pm »

I'm fine with a compromise, of sorts.

We probably should aim to incapacitate rather than to kill him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 22, 2012, 02:18:11 pm »

I'm fine with a compromise, of sorts.

We probably should aim to incapacitate rather than to kill him.
Either way. Incapacitation is ideal.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54