Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73933 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction]
« Reply #540 on: December 25, 2012, 07:10:29 pm »

And posting to watch over here.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 25, 2012, 09:44:05 pm »

I say fiddle with the cube of cubes, possibly making all the sides match.
Failing that/when that gets too damn frustrating, lets write some stuff with pictorial translations beside each word.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 25, 2012, 09:47:24 pm »

Wait, do we have a written language? Anyway I suggest fiddling with the smaller movingbox.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 25, 2012, 10:28:46 pm »

No, no written language. Goblins are on the cusp of agriculture, with a most basic understanding of seeds making more plants, but haven't worked it out much farther than tossing some seeds around fertile gathering spots in hopes of more plants. Thus they have no real need for a writing system, which would be syllabic in nature like Arabic or Katakana, natch.

Ok, so
Mini-Movingbox - 3
Cube of Cubes - 1
Pad and Stick - 3
Old Book - 1

A tie! A coinflip, heads is Mini-movingbox, Tails is Draw what you remember of your recent astronomy lesson...

Heads! Mini-Movingbox it is!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're torn between the miniature movingbox, which is an amazingly interesting little thing, one you wish to explore more fully, or attempting communication through drawing circles and lines, stars and constellations.

You decide to use a little rhyme from your people to choose, flicking your finger from the movingbox to the set of drawing objects, you begin to recite:

gaga-setsu daenae gol
gaga-setsu golga nae
gukka bep seabu faol
setsu set set nae-nae nae

There's only a slight depression marring the surface, save a few cracks you fail to pry apart. When you touch it, the movingbox hums to life, and you're presented with the image of a set of circles, each a dark grey on the black background, but with a smaller white circle present inside one. Touching one seems to do nothing, but dragging your finger across the screen draws a small blue line, which ends after contacting four circles.Failure

You fail to activate anything else on the movingbox. What do you do?

*Editors note: This rhyme doesn't translate very well into any human language I know. You'd have to speak Goblin to understand it, and fluently. Even to Gi=oblins like myself it's a kind of word salad, but a understandable one on an emotional-

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:42:05 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 25, 2012, 10:39:15 pm »

Keep trying to draw lines across the circles. After a bit, if this accomplishes nothing, do the constellations idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 25, 2012, 10:49:29 pm »

Keep trying to draw lines across the circles. After a bit, if this accomplishes nothing, do the constellations idea.
+1
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 26, 2012, 04:30:59 am »

+1
Okay, Iphone 2099... +1 to the idea above.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 26, 2012, 11:48:38 am »

+1
Okay, Iphone 2099... +1 to the idea above.
+1.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 26, 2012, 04:50:10 pm »

47 You fail to activate further function on the device.

2  You fail to activate further function on the device.

28 You fail to activate further function on the device.

In disgust you toss the device to the ground, cracking the clearstone severely. Outside of the room, through a large mirror on the side of it, something thumps about for a bit before dying down.

Usun has the pad and twig, but is willing to give it up to you and go try to make sense of the scribbles inside the pack of leaflets.

You draw what you remember of the circles and lines. One big, one small, two medium... You struggle to remember, but you finally manage to get eight of the circles and one large scribble of a mistake. You circle it and hope they don't think you're stupid.

Nothing seems to happen. What now?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 26, 2012, 04:55:03 pm »

Grab the small movingbox again. Press the button again.

(I am typing this on a tablet with a pair of cracks across the screen. Cracks aren't a death sentence.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 26, 2012, 06:46:27 pm »

Experiment with the "Cube of cubes."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 27, 2012, 03:49:55 am »

Experiment with the "Cube of cubes."
+1, Don't break it.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 27, 2012, 09:38:48 am »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 27, 2012, 11:32:12 am »

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 27, 2012, 06:11:14 pm »

After trading Ulla for the cube of cubes, you find it can move. With nothing else apparent to do with it, you set about attempting to make all the sides one color.

Unfortunately you are stymied early on. Ulla had removed six colored leaflets from the sides, meaning there was simply not enough colors to make all the sides solid. You grumble slightly.

Luckily, you don't have to worry anymore. One of the aliens enters through the door and, seeing you are the only one not occupied, approaches you.

He sits in front of you, laying another pad and stick down between you. This pad already had a few doodles on it, including one of the night sky, complete with the constellation you drew for the other alien on the way here. The new Alien pats his chest and says "Donnel," very slowly.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54