Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958688 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Goldenarm
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2012, 10:38:07 am »

"Twofold, second best overview over the place, and a good spot to defend from." The second best because Kin couldn't see directly under the middle platform and because there were a higher place with surely better view. And defending was easy because he had four different ways to retreat from. Also, cutting the bridges could be an option. He said nothing about the fact that they pretty much were sitting ducks while standing on the middle platform if there were someone higher up.

"By the way, Goldarm. Did you see what just happened down there. One died and soon after another appeared. Maybe there is something to what you said. Let me try something." Kin walks back to one of the bridges that let him see better down. He points to one of the people and yells "Kelio Roth".

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2012, 10:55:28 am »

((Curses. I had a feeling Doodles would be the end of me.

Let that be a lesson about birds in the hand versus birds in the bush. :P))

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2012, 05:27:38 pm »

"This... This is awful! We all know a spell that turns the very air to poisonous death! We just jumped from the Iron age to biochemical warfare in a matter of seconds! One misplaced word and this place just got far more dangerous. Best keep the wolves at bay if I can, keep from letting anyone know I'm up here. I don't think anyone saw me run up, too busy casting spells or running with very sharp knives." ((Yes, that last bit is a RP friendly way of saying >>run Hermit.exe ))

Stay on my throne, keep a wary eye on the stairwells in case anyone crawls up out of them. I should continue my studies... Look down to the floor and focus on channeling the effect on the floor ahead of me, Generic Word of Power.

((I'm just gonna study for a while. If anyone wants cloth, I can do that. If anyone wants healing, I'm working on it. Trust me, you guys will be the first to know. The explosions of magical light from above aren't exactly inconspicuous. But fighting will be set to a defense only thing for now. On the other hand, should I find a way to trap magic in a rune, I'll probably be layering the third floor in them, but if fire, brimstone, and clouds of raw power can't stop the mail, keep on chugging, the sorcerer is just a few hundred meters ahead. Past the perpetual blizzard, the minefield, the comatose dragon, the plane of flowers, and perhaps a three week old snickerdoodle. I might have forgotten where I left that one.))

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:41:25 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2012, 07:56:20 pm »

We're basically waiting for Mr. Doodles to come do his doodle deeds before he doodle dies to doodle death. I foresee at least 2 deaths this turn. Maybe three. So you guys on the wait list stop your grinin' and drop your linen, you may be entering the fray very soon.

Also, I am changing the rules so that when you kill another person you get points equal to the number of points they got during life, +1 for their own. Ie, kill someone who never killed anyone, get a point. Kill someone who killed 3 people, get 4 points. All very highlander.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:03:53 pm by piecewise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »

((Oh man. Power accumulation will murder us all.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:51 pm »

What if someone ends up killing themself?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »

((Oh man. Power accumulation will murder us all.))
Until someone dies of some sort of self inflicted injury or unrelated thing and all that power leaks away and leaves a smoking crater. It will be a fun trip though.

What if someone ends up killing themself?
No one gets that power, it just vanishes. In before "If I can't have this power, no one can!"

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2012, 09:51:24 pm »

Waitlist me my good man.

Name: Sanya Alexyatrev

Appearance: Rather diminutive, Sanya is a petite and thin girl wearing basic, if somewhat worn clothing and long, unkempt brown hair.

Stats:
Strength:  0

Endurance: 1

Dexterity: 2

Potency: 1

Will: 1

Channeling: 3
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2012, 10:56:34 pm »

((Question: Could you make the waitlist visible? Just for convenience, if that's all right with you.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2012, 12:02:24 am »

((Question: Could you make the waitlist visible? Just for convenience, if that's all right with you.))
done

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2012, 12:02:50 am »

Be unconscious.
Try not to die.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2012, 04:34:10 am »

Kick Ferin until he becomes very, very dead. If that doesn't work, garstorpit him again!

"Voo! I am a veezard supreme!"

"Argh... We got him big guy... We got him. I don't know if I'll make it through this, but maybe someone else here will back me up. See if you can get yourself a bandage from that pile of cloth over there. As for you, Mr. Garth..." Ferin grins like a lunatic, and coughs up blood "We're going to be the very best of friends in hell. That's right, I'm bringing you with me! GENERIC WORD OF POWER!"
Defend myself from Garth's kicks using my good arm, and shout my GWP at him. Hope my spell or some nice person kills or incapacitates him before he has time to Garstorpit me.

[Garth dex:5]
[ferin dex:1]
[Garth str:6-1]
[Ferin end:5+1]
Garth runs in, humming singing in the rain as he repeatedly kicks the prone form of Ferin. Ferin, blind and crippled, defends himself surprisingly well, blocking kicks with his good arm as he rolls over to face his attacker.

[garth dex:5]
[Ferin dex:1]
[garth pot:4+1]
[ferin end:2+1]

Garth, failing to kick the crippled man to death, looks down at his fallen foe and shouts his magic word. The air darkens into a noxious green mist shot through with  branching blackness.  When the poison mist clears Ferin is laying still, unconscious but not quite dead.

"With extra creamer and-what the fuck?! Where...

Observe my surroundings. Try to figure out what's going on. Take note of anything that stands out

Hm, lets see here. There is a man kicking another man to death and another bleeding to death in a stairwell to the west. Oh, and a sword on the ground and a magic tome in your hands.

You have the distinct feeling that murder is going to happen. Either you murdering someone or someone murdering you or perhaps you running from murder. All good options.

walk up to john until a few feet

"fair well, GWP"
(John - that is, me - is two floors above you.)

John looks around. Rickety bridges, high up, not much else going on. "Was there any point in coming up here?" he asks Kin, looking at the lack of interesting features.

If scapheap's character makes it up to me, jab my golden arm at him while shouting WORD(S). If not, and I can see Doodles, slash my golden arm at him while saying DIFFERENT WORD(S). If neither of those, tap my gold arm with my good hand while saying OTHER WORD(S).

Edit: Ahaha the thread is named after me. My failures are incredible!
[pot:5-1]
You go for the red words since Doodles is hidden in a stairwell and No one is charging across the bridge at you. You speak the words and the air in the palm of your hand shimmers slightly but nothing happens.

(John - that is, me - is two floors above you.)
move to within a few feet of and aim at (rolls dices) Doodles? same one liner.
You jog to the stairwell, bypassing Garth and Ferin, and come upon Doodles, near death. You take a deep breath and say your chosen word.
[pot:1]
[end:5+1]
You grimace as small patches of obsidian appear on your body, clinging to your skin like scabs before falling off and leaving raw sores in their wake. Ow.

"Twofold, second best overview over the place, and a good spot to defend from." The second best because Kin couldn't see directly under the middle platform and because there were a higher place with surely better view. And defending was easy because he had four different ways to retreat from. Also, cutting the bridges could be an option. He said nothing about the fact that they pretty much were sitting ducks while standing on the middle platform if there were someone higher up.

"By the way, Goldarm. Did you see what just happened down there. One died and soon after another appeared. Maybe there is something to what you said. Let me try something." Kin walks back to one of the bridges that let him see better down. He points to one of the people and yells "Kelio Roth".

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)
You walk onto the west bridge and get the best view of Ferin you can before pointing down at him and yelling "KELIO ROTH!"
[pot:6]
The air shimmers for a moment, becomes almost gelatinous and then rockets straight up into the sky, vanishing as it does. Uh..

"This... This is awful! We all know a spell that turns the very air to poisonous death! We just jumped from the Iron age to biochemical warfare in a matter of seconds! One misplaced word and this place just got far more dangerous. Best keep the wolves at bay if I can, keep from letting anyone know I'm up here. I don't think anyone saw me run up, too busy casting spells or running with very sharp knives." ((Yes, that last bit is a RP friendly way of saying >>run Hermit.exe ))

Stay on my throne, keep a wary eye on the stairwells in case anyone crawls up out of them. I should continue my studies... Look down to the floor and focus on channeling the effect on the floor ahead of me, Generic Word of Power.

((I'm just gonna study for a while. If anyone wants cloth, I can do that. If anyone wants healing, I'm working on it. Trust me, you guys will be the first to know. The explosions of magical light from above aren't exactly inconspicuous. But fighting will be set to a defense only thing for now. On the other hand, should I find a way to trap magic in a rune, I'll probably be layering the third floor in them, but if fire, brimstone, and clouds of raw power can't stop the mail, keep on chugging, the sorcerer is just a few hundred meters ahead. Past the perpetual blizzard, the minefield, the comatose dragon, the plane of flowers, and perhaps a three week old snickerdoodle. I might have forgotten where I left that one.))

[pot:1+1]
Nothing seems to happen.

Be unconscious.
Try not to die.

Nope.

Doodles, grinning with the knowledge that the man who killed him died by his hands, dies on the stairwell, crumbling into ash and taking his power with him.

Thrakor blinks into being beside Joe. He looks around vacantly.

Maps:
Level 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character status

Patrick :Green: Pool:2/2
Joe: Red: pool:1/1
Garth : Blue: Pool:2/2 (a few metal marbles)
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth)
Ferin : Yellow: Pool:1/1 (Deep cut in left shoulder, dead arm. Blinded, poisoned, unconcious)
Thrakor: Purple: Pool:2/2
Kin : Light blue: Pool:1/2
John: Dark red: Pool: 2/3 (Left arm turned to gold from elbow down.)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2012, 04:43:29 am »

"ow ok magic hate me" walk up to Garth and GWP him
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2012, 07:44:13 am »

:(
Respawn?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2012, 09:06:04 am »

Thrakor looked around.  Damn it.  This wasn't right- the portal was supposed to take him to the women's showers, not this place.  He didn't have any of his gear- how was he supposed to get down.

The strange weight in his hands got his attention.  A book?  A magic book, by the looks of it, but there were no instructions- just a big jumble of words.

The next thing to get his attention were the corpses.  Oh yeah, this is bad.  "Deathmatch.  Damn it.  Larry was right- I should be careful."

Standing next to him was a man that looked equally lost and confused.  Potential ally?

"Oy, you there!  I think we're in some sort of arena where we're expected to fight.  I say there's safety in numbers.  If you want to team up, follow me.  If not, don't."

Run south and go all the way up the stairs.  Ignore sword.  If the other guy attacks me, shout Magical Power at him.  Otherwise, ignore him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 435