Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961962 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #420 on: December 07, 2012, 10:07:50 am »

Garrr... stop it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 07, 2012, 10:09:19 am »

((For some reason for ages I was reading it at Gas-storp-it. Kinda fitting, that first syllable of that interpretation. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 07, 2012, 10:11:43 am »

((I know garstopit is overused, but I know what it does and when people are trying to kill you, experimentation isn't high on my priorities.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 07, 2012, 12:49:57 pm »

I sit in my little corner and yell HANCAL PHALI very loudly.

I just love the word phali. Heh. Heh heh. phali.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:02:56 pm by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 07, 2012, 03:36:25 pm »

Thinking about the words and how everyone's body has been changing, and how these words could affect me, shout Xxecesic Balethe Karenthar! without any real gesturing.

"How the fuck do you even pronounce that? I sure as hell hope I got it right..."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 07, 2012, 05:05:00 pm »

((I know garstopit is overused, but I know what it does and when people are trying to kill you, experimentation isn't high on my priorities.))

((I ain't killing no-one, I'm just yelling random words at random people I come across. Which may or may not result in exactly the same thing in the end. Oh well.))

Yell my super magic spell at the guy.

'Hey, that didn't do anything! Weird, huh?'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2012, 05:29:52 pm »

"Hm..."

Bide time.

You tide your Bime. Whatever that means.

"Why would I love science? I'm gonna keep bitching! Do what I wannn!"

Say Genericia

((don'tdiedon'tdiedon'tdie!

If this works.... And works how I want it to.....))
[pot:4+1]
Your right arm tingles and stings as a curling, living tattoo spreads down from your shoulder to the tips of your fingers. A circle with an odd design inscribed on it appears on the middle of your forearm, glowing gray for a moment before fading to black.

Aha... enlightening!  Control is increased.  Rest now.

Rest and hide.
You take a break from your magical magic'ing.

I sit in my little corner and yell HANCAL PHALI very loudly.

I just love the word phali. Heh. Heh heh. phali.
[pot:3+1]
The air just above your palm shimmers and shines but nothing happens.

Thinking about the words and how everyone's body has been changing, and how these words could affect me, shout Xxecesic Balethe Karenthar! without any real gesturing.

"How the fuck do you even pronounce that? I sure as hell hope I got it right..."

[pot:6]
You expend all of your magical energy on three words. A mesh of living tattoos extends down your right leg, creeping into place and stopping. The symbols that appear in the circle  just above your knee glow brightly and don't dim. You're not quite sure what happens next but, without warning, you are being torn in two and Alga is being violently hurled up the stairs by some unseen force. It feels as though someone as your upper body in one hand and your lower body in the other and is yanking them apart...no, actually it's not that at all. It's as though your lower body is repelling your upper body.
[end:4]
Your right leg cracks, splinters and then falls away, slamming into the stairs and rolling down. As it rolls away and settles on the lowest stair the force trying to pull you apart vanishes and Alga stumbles back down the stairs holding her head.

"That was weird"

"Niiice."

Garstopit him. Level up: +1 to potency.

((I thought GWP was a word that did watery stuff?))
His foot freed from its wooden 'shoe', Yurf grinned to himself for a moment, then glanced up at the person who'd called to him from way up on the third floor. "Uh, thanks. Yeah."

Shaking his head in bemusement, he got up, hefted his sword and ran into the main area, head down and his broad jaw set in determination.

>Rush Cog whilst he's distracted and chop off his legs!

>Then kick the other person in the stomach!

((I ain't killing no-one, I'm just yelling random words at random people I come across. Which may or may not result in exactly the same thing in the end. Oh well.))

Yell my super magic spell at the guy.

'Hey, that didn't do anything! Weird, huh?'

[Bob dex:6]
[cog dex:1]
[YURF dex:1]

[Bob pot:5+1]

Bob speaks his words and  no sooner have they passed his lips then mark appears on his left leg, covering it from hip to toes. The mark glows a horrible green for a moment before activating. Bob's entire left leg fades to a strange greenish color, and veins of black shoot through it, moving and writhing, peeking out from his rancid looking skin before burrowing back in. However, he feels no pain, and the leg continues to function as normal.

Cog draws in his breath as YURF charges across the arena floor, blade swinging in one hand. Their attacks come at the same instant.

[cog pot:5+1]
[Yurf dex:6]
[yurf str:3]
[bob end:5]

Bob vanishes in a massive cloud of corrosive hell as YURF's blow strikes true, failing to decapitate Cog but slicing his throat wide open and inflicting a mortal wound. Bob collapses to the ground, horrifically poisoned and Cog falls to his knees, trying to stem the blood spurting from his wound.

[Bob fatally poisoned: 2 turns left till death]
[Cog Fatally injured: 1 turn left till death]

Sanya:Green: Pool:1/3 (lower body turned to wood. Right leg broken off) [Third floor, west stairs]
Cog(2): Red: pool:2/2 (throat slashed, bleeding out)[first floor, center of gazebo]
YURF(2): Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified)  [first floor, Gazebo area]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth, right arm marked) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:2/3 [second floor, South stairs]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (bob): Dark red: Pool:1/2  (Horribly poisoned)[first floor, gazebo area]

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 07, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »

"Alright, so far so good....."

Activate the mark by any means possible. Thinking it active, pushing the circle, running a finger over the circles rim, putting a palm over the circle, just try something until it works. If time is left over, Genericia Altolis.

((No comment. Bragging/whining will be done at their proper time, right now... science.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 07, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »

Gurgle out Garstopit Garstopit, imagining a huge cloud around me.

((A desperate man is a dangerous one.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 07, 2012, 06:02:59 pm »

Gurgle out Garstopit Garstopit, imagining a huge cloud around me.

((A desperate man is a dangerous one.))

((And a suicidal one! If you are going to kill yourself, at least do it through science! Everything worth dealing with needs one or both of two things:
Science
Magma

This plan has neither! 'Tis a tragedy, that's what it is! I think if I release any word to the public, it should be Magma. It would make Gastopit a little less common. Plus this thread more dorfy.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 07, 2012, 07:14:08 pm »

Alga stared at Sanya a moment before speaking.

"...be right back."

Walk to the edge of the pit. Words at Targets.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2012, 07:25:25 pm »

I sit in my little corner and yell ANUBTEH PHALI white scratching my pits.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2012, 08:15:25 pm »

"What the flying fuck did I even just do? Ok, let's not use three unrelated pages when sciencing. 1+2, 1+3, 1+2+3, but 4 and 5 should not mix. Not at all.

"I should probably rest."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 07, 2012, 09:40:05 pm »

I'm reasonably interested in the magma word.  I have a small core of solid offensive words, but one more for the party wouldn't hurt.  In the meantime, I have something I want to test.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2012, 09:55:24 pm »

Wow, I'm on top of the waitlist! I'd better catch up on what's happened while I was dead...
Maybe there was some sort of alliance formed I could join?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 435