Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958662 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4245 on: April 18, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »

I wonder, is arcane element what is the "souls" of us? And does that mean that arcane control=control of souls? If so, then you could make a weapon that does that, and get as many souls as you needed!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: April 18, 2013, 05:47:59 pm »

[Team war: Soon, it seems. Have fun with that war going on.]

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: April 18, 2013, 05:49:00 pm »

Here's a reason to join Aether: ROOOOAAAAAAR.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:27 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: April 18, 2013, 07:27:02 pm »

"aijd jasfas; ((Oh, dear))"
Find someone in the immediate area (Silica or Daniel or Osborn or whoever) and point desperately at "Ssathshalssall" in the book and own tongue. Wave arms and shout gibberish for greater effect.

((Oh, both teams have such good points. I can't decide... maybe I should just form team Citrinitas to present a third option. It's a real word! But in seriousness, I'm still undecided. Team Aether, you're currently lead by dermonster, right? Team Bismuth, who is your leader?))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:56:20 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: April 18, 2013, 07:59:34 pm »

((We're kinda lead by Derm. He's coordinating things, at least. We're mostly a decentralized group.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: April 18, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »

((We're kinda lead by Derm. He's coordinating things, at least. We're mostly a decentralized group.))
no one is really in charge of team aether but if we had a leader it would be derm as hes the only person who has made even a half assed attempt at leading.

also who wanted the bolo and how many guns do i need to give it for it to count as a Mk I?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: April 18, 2013, 10:45:09 pm »

Ozzy searches the raider camp for any usable weapons or armor, all the while muttering WORDS to himself.

If he finds nothing of use he continues down the path.

If finds some mundane weapons or armor, he wields them if possible.

If he finds something more interesting, he touches it with a harmless piece of junk to see what happens.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4253 on: April 19, 2013, 03:07:59 am »

no one is really in charge of team aether but if we had a leader it would be derm as hes the only person who has made even a half assed attempt at leading.
((Same thing here. No one is really in charge. I just maintain our knowledgebase and seem to be the most active in advertising. We're mostly science oriented so there isn't really great need to take group decisions. People who need help with their experiments or new equipment just ask and someone volunteers to help them. The only group decisions we've made so far are about our name and about our future base plans.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: April 19, 2013, 04:29:31 am »

"Wait I need a bow not a sword ugh nevermind"
Walk near the church say words
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: April 19, 2013, 09:03:29 am »

also who wanted the bolo and how many guns do i need to give it for it to count as a Mk I?
I wanted the bolo, and 1 main gun, with 6 secondary guns. The secondaries are much smaller.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: April 19, 2013, 10:05:51 am »

I wanted the bolo, and 1 main gun, with 6 secondary guns. The secondaries are much smaller.
Hmmm... My current design takes two turns to become combat effective but only has 2 cannons...
I could possibly push this to 6 by delaying the weaponisation for another turn but theres no guarantee the spell would even work...

If i had a bit more confidence in my spellforging and another pool i could probably offer about 9 secondaries and a main cannon but yeah... expensive and time consuming...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: April 19, 2013, 03:42:19 pm »

((Same thing here. No one is really in charge. I just maintain our knowledgebase and seem to be the most active in advertising. We're mostly science oriented so there isn't really great need to take group decisions. People who need help with their experiments or new equipment just ask and someone volunteers to help them. The only group decisions we've made so far are about our name and about our future base plans.))
((We're pretty similar.
...We need a Team Oceania now.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4258 on: April 19, 2013, 04:25:03 pm »

((We're pretty similar.
...We need a Team Oceania now.))
((Who knows? Maybe in the future we'll work together. Once science is concluded and secret plans completed there will still be many things to kill. ;)))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4259 on: April 19, 2013, 05:33:35 pm »

Kindly ask the guy heading the same direction as me(sorry mate, I forgot your character's name) to watch the area as I research these strange ruins, also please be careful around the ruins. I would hate if you, I, or the ruins got royally fucked up.
You poke around the three heads and the little table in front of them. It's hard to say what their significance is; perhaps an ancient road marker? Or a shrine to some sort of spirit of the roads? They have what looks like an ancient cuneiform around their base, but you can't read it. There are many white flowers growing from the rocky soil at their base and they are overgrown in moss, unlike the stones around them.

The table before them looks newer, and rougher. Flat stones stacked one atop another until they form a table or pedestal.

Say "Conth", intending to make it appear above the torch-guy's head, if that doesn't work, Garstorpit him.
[pot:5]
[torch aware:1]
Your first word is more then enough to blow the torch wielder to pieces.

You gain one point.

be EXTREMELY FUCKING PARANOID about who javier was planning on ambushing, do secret stuff.

[pot:3+1]
You summon a pair of half flesh, half mechanical arms with bear heads instead of fists. Thats...wow.

(Could someone point me to where part two starts? I stopped reading for awhile at that point and need to catch up.)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119572.msg4069373;topicseen#msg4069373

Starts there.

"Yare yare..."
Silica says "Baltaellsheral Hath-Caon"
She then aims away and says "Zarabethcanthal Clo-Caltel"

[pot:1+2,3+2]
You make some rubber arm armor. Too bad it's only a few inches long.

You make a pile of random gears and springs and such. Damn it. You kick at a spring and your foot goes right through it like it wasn't there.

Punch the torch wielder that is attacking Jixiu.
Punch him in the face.

Day late and a soul short my friend.

Try some more circle and word experiments. Also, another question related to our future base plans, does crafting/combining objects (making a net out of rope for example) require a dex roll, or do we assume it is always successful?
((Nooo!!! TV Tropes, of which I already had two tabs open!! Curse you, GWG!! :P
In all seriousness, though; how many members does each team have, out of curiosity? Words and rune counts are irrelevant))
((Team Bismuth has at least 4 members, however I cannot reveal more because some people have asked me not to reveal that they are part of the team. Join now and find out who they are! By joining you also gain knowledge for ~70% of the words and ~15% of the runes, as well as any cool gear or enhancement you desire as a gift from me. Join now!))

((Did I mention you should join now? If not, join now! Is my superliminal messaging working yet?))
(SMOKE)
(We have no real stat for crafting, so, assuming you have the materials and say how to put them together well, we'll just assume it works)

The first spell fails to work at all.

What happens is that the entire area within the circle becomes made of cloth; or has a thin cloth covering? Hard to say. Don't really want to stick your hand in there while it's on.

[pot:5+1]
The rune reforms into the image of a lantern.

Flail with my spear! FLAIL FOR MY LIFE!

Fly away! Fly away!
Don't worry, you're fine now!

Well, you're still burnt and blinded and in horrible pain...but beyond that you're fine! Also, flying blind is probably a bad idea.

Gently pat Super's shoulder. Non-agressively, to say "it's ok these things happen it is why I am bear."

"ROAR GROWL GRRRR GRAAHH GRAHHH ROAR"

Dammit I WILL GET THIS TO WORK. Try again.

Head toward the building to the right. Also stuff.

[pot:6]
You finally summon up that armor you've been trying to make for a while now and head into the building on the right.

The third building off to the side of the main road is what looks like a storehouse for ship parts. Metal plates, gears, ball bearings as big as your head, piping and all manner of raw parts you can't recognize are arranged around the building in neat piles. Wooden crates filled with who knows what are piled up along the walls of the building as well, piled so high and thick in fact that on entering you mistook them for the building's actual walls. However, the most striking feature of the area is how about half the building is simply missing, ripped away by whatever caused the massive crater outside. Now the western half of the building leads directly into the crater itself.

As you step in, another one of the automatons wanders out into the open. This one appears to be armed with an enormous rivet gun, or rather one of it's hands has been replaced with the gun. The entire tool glows red hot.

I probably sent it to everyone on Team Aether and not the GM. Typical, I guess...

Alright, NOW do that circley runey goodness.
You use the circle to summon a strange crystalline plant.

do stuff

Oh dear, now he's not here. They're all running away.

[pot:1+1]
As is your luck, by the look of it.

"Dying-is-fun!"

Let's change those words, shall we?
[pot:4+1]
A tattoo appears on your whole body, granting you control over wind and making you speedy.

"Hrmm. No murder yet. ONWARDS TO MURDER!"

Head down the path and find an NPC to murder.
You walk down to the edge of the forest, a small field of sparse grass and rocky soil. There is someone here, walking along the edge of the towering trees. A woman by the look of it, wearing red and yellow robes that cover her completely, and what looks like a veil over her face.

"Hm, well, seems we're outta that fight... We should come back and do that when we get more stuff. Like, a better flying ship. And more minions. Hm... Maybe a cannon or two too, but how would we make such a thing? Hm... Either way, it was probably for the best, although I can't help but say I'm sad we didn't stick around to fight more. Either way, time to search the cost for ports and ships! Any suggestions for a heading, we can head one way or the other down the coast! Although, since we're near land, I'd suggest touching down for a bit, so I can slap some control on Sparky and we can empty the bowl of ink." Glassco suggested as he pokes the slurrey of ink, water, and cloth that is probably waist-high in the ship. They never did get rid of the water in the bowl... Although it probably fell out when they almost fell to their death. Either way, Glassco will command Sparky to take them wherever John says to.

EDIT: For easy turn action management.

You land on the beach and have sparky, rather unceremoniously, dump you and the bowl off his back.
Welp.

Create a hunk of flesh (Karenthar) and toss it onto the circle from a distance and see what happens.
Nothing. The circle deactivated a while ago. Even if it was activated, just throwing some flesh in randomly wouldn't do anything.

However, those runes burning up mean that something else should go in those little circles other then runes. Wonder what that is.

Say words, hold the result.  Then try to raise the raiders as a zombie horde. (Like Angle's mushrooms)  If I can't add the midget to the horde, relinquish control or squish it's head with my mind.

Wonder if a zombie horde is actually better in combat than a zombie midget.

If I can't raise corpses with necromancy, make the midget grow larger, then have it loot the raiders for equipment.  Stuff the rest of the loot(including corpses, if possible) into my meta-backpack for later resale.

Finally, search the raider tents for even more loot.

Also, I had a lone targeting word I was trying to test after summoning the ring last turn.  Why wasn't there even a pot roll?
Welp.

As per that word, I guess I just missed it. But your zombie midget would have shimmered.

"Right, let's get down to the beach and I can clean out and upgrade the ship. When we eventually come back, that creature will regret ever meeting us."
I land on the beach, touch the ink, and say "Dorbaelo Caltalleth".
[pot:2+1]
The ink flickers for a second but doesn't become air.

Hmmm...

Keep heading toward the woods.  If any strange stone heads look at me, keep walking past them into the woods, deeper and deeper.  Go right at any forks, deeper in until something aggros me.  Rothon Shael it.
You stop with Cog outside, on the edge of the forest, not quite sure what to make of the woman in front of you, whether you should attack or not.

Grumble. Stupid GM, not actually saying what happened.
Say Cainthalsaz at the thingy attacking me, if it doesn't work, say it again!
Hey, the forum lost the post. I didn't chose not to tell you.

[spd:3]
[CS spd:4]
[cs dex:4]
[spd:5]
You dodge away from a blast of freezing mist and counter with your own magic.
[CS spd:2]
You kill it 3 kinds of dead in a blast of arcane energy.
You gain a point.

Let's see.... was he talking about the forest over past the bridge in the distance? Guess I'll try over there.

Take a look at the scroll to figure out where I'm at relative the rest of the world.

Say, "Dorbaelo Halthel" while touching the bear. If I succeed then head over toward the forest the barkeep mentioned. If I end up having to go past a camp full of raiders, try to be like Solid Snake and sneak past them.

If i don't succeed in making the bear talk. Then stick around.... actually, test out my new sword. Swing it around (not at anything particular) and see if it does anything. If that does nothing, then try to use the power of willpower and see if that does anything.

According to the map you're roughly in the middle of this kingdom. Perhaps a bit west. You're quite near the forest though.

These rolls are starting to get unbearable.

Given the compartmentalization of the world, this would make a totally banging MUD.
Don't think I haven't thought about it, or that my time in HELLMOO didn't effect the design, at least in a technical sense. Though the magic system would have to change a fair bit...

Did I ever tell anyone about the time I ran for Mayor in HELLMOO on the "Elect me or I'll nuke the city" ballot?

"Hmm..."

Kin tried to put the big hat in the larger circle and reactivated it. If that would not work he did the same same thing over again, A16, B1, but put the hat in the larger circle before activating it.
You put your hat in the circle and activate it. The hat becomes green and leafy, covered in moss and flowers.

"Damnit. I think this one requires page 4 runes..."Use my ring to will the door to the house and the windows shut, then draw circle.
[will:3-1]
Nope.
The entire floor of the building is now covered in concrete goats.

((Just to make sure, it's only the runes that use up my pool, right? Circles don't?))
"The only logical course of action is to start randomly scratching circles on the ground until something happens."
I'll take a quick look around the room to see if I'm in any danger, then I'll scratch another circle and activate it when it's done.
Basic circles, ie the ones that have fewer slots, take no or few pool points. Complex ones take more and take more turns to make.
Gonna have to tell me which rune goes where in that, since that matters in this case.

We'll use that pot roll though, if you remind me.

((Eh. Just get me to somewhere I can do something. Three straight turns of not shooting lightning from my tongue is starting to get tedious.))

Fly away, or down. Or spiral out of control. Whatever gets me out of the chronological void I am somehow floating in. AND ACTUALLY DO IT. CONSEQUENCES BE DAMNED AND TIME-STOPS DISREGARDED.

You fly back to the temple grounds rather then crashing yourself into a rock somewhere.
It doesn't seem to work.

DAMN IT ALL.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Got it. You know about where you spawn and everything or need some intro?

"aijd jasfas; ((Oh, dear))"
Find someone in the immediate area (Silica or Daniel or Osborn or whoever) and point desperately at "Ssathshalssall" in the book and own tongue. Wave arms and shout gibberish for greater effect.

((Oh, both teams have such good points. I can't decide... maybe I should just form team Citrinitas to present a third option. It's a real word! But in seriousness, I'm still undecided. Team Aether, you're currently lead by dermonster, right? Team Bismuth, who is your leader?))
You run around like a crazy person, pointing at your tongue and screeching like a maniac. Clearly the best course of action.

Ozzy searches the raider camp for any usable weapons or armor, all the while muttering WORDS to himself.

If he finds nothing of use he continues down the path.

If finds some mundane weapons or armor, he wields them if possible.

If he finds something more interesting, he touches it with a harmless piece of junk to see what happens.

[pot:5,4]
The first generates the phantom image of a lock. The second doesn't seem to make anything.

You find some mundane weapons and armor in the camp, along with torches and books in a language you can't read. There are spears, war picks, twohanded swords, long swords, sheilds, all of it of acceptable quality but unnoteworthy. You'll have to pick which ones you want. As per armor, the only things around here you think that would fit you are the bracers, helmets and shin guards. Brestplates are rather out of the question.

"Wait I need a bow not a sword ugh nevermind"
Walk near the church say words
You walk up to the temple to scarlon and word it up.

You make a flaming skeleton. He's a lot like ghostrider. If ghost rider were naked.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:30:17 pm by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 435