Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69723 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 28 - The Benefits of Conversion
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2013, 07:45:30 am »

Signing up!
Even though the game play is slower, and seems to have less chances for inexplicable carnage and thus player rollover, I will wait until untold eons have past!  :o
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:49:13 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2013, 03:46:38 pm »

Elizas bows to the older couple.

"Greetings! My name is Elizas and I am an ambassador of God, the one and true, who rescued Patalim from a vicious and ignorant mob. He would have been executed had God not given me the ability to carry him away from the madness."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2013, 05:40:02 pm »

Use my last mana point to escape, ideally teleporting somewhere nearby but safe.
Well, you can't really teleport with a single MP. You can try Divine Knowledge, a Blessing or a Curse, all of which are at their lowest power levels in that case.
Could I provide a blessing on myself that lets me run fast or something?
And why are miracles so limited? I don't want to be teleported across the continent; a few dozen feet would (probably) be sufficient.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2013, 07:37:02 am »

And why are miracles so limited? I don't want to be teleported across the continent; a few dozen feet would (probably) be sufficient.

Yes, you could indeed provide such a blessing.

And miracles are limited because they always succeed. Can't have prophets that have only just started their respective holy journeys teleport around at will or call down the wrath of God to destroy stuff at will. At first, you have to rely more on your own abilities.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2013, 10:14:05 am »

Gronok knew he could do it! GRONOK HAD THE POWER!
Set a -2 Curse on the chains, touch range. He then breaks the chains. Make sure the prisoners convert afterward. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:05:00 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2013, 12:56:30 pm »

((Prison dungeon riot! Break the chains of oppression!))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2013, 12:51:53 am »

Yes, you could indeed provide such a blessing.
Fine, I'll do something which doesn't have as many ways to go wrong even on a success.

Quip as noted earlier. Give self a blessing that lets me run fast and all. Hurry past the guards and out of and away from the temple.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2013, 11:50:15 am »

'I see. I look forward to seeing them perish when the Goddess arrives,' Sejena said.

She smiled at Naphezim, betraying no fear of the mob. 'Well, I am glad you chose to come back for me, Naphezim. My prayers are with you and your home here. Regardless - I don't suppose you've heard from Satjap in the meantime?'

Sejena and people talkin'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 29 - What God Does Not Provide...
« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2013, 02:55:41 pm »

Turn 29 - What God Does Not Provide...

Elizas bows to the older couple and attempts to explain the strange happenings of this morning.

"Greetings! My name is Elizas and I am an ambassador of God, the one and true, who rescued Patalim from a vicious and ignorant mob. He would have been executed had God not given me the ability to carry him away from the madness."

[Old People reaction roll: 2]

"Doesn't sound like a very useful god to me. Ruining the natural order of things is hardly a good thing to do."

"I'm your son-in-law!"

"Which makes it doubly important that you be summarily executed. One cannot make exceptions in the law for his own family, particularly family one strongly dislikes."

"You're being unnecessarily hostile!"

"I am not hostile. I am merely implying that you are supposed to be dead and that it is fully reasonable to expect such a thing of you, and yet you have failed my expectations. The last in a long series of such and similar failures, might I add."

The old man's wife nods along to the old man's words, her wizened features contorting in a shape of disdain. The old man, meanwhile, remains completely expressionless.

Gronok, the storytelling having filled him with nothing short of divine inspiration, focuses his will upon the foul chains of the prisoners, praying that, by the grace of the Lord, even the emaciated arms of the prisoners can break them! He then tries to pull them apart, one by one!

[Gronok vs. Chains: 5 vs. 4-2

"Hey, watch this!"

He walks up to a prisoner, then pulls at his chain with all his might! The chain shatters into individual links and falls to the ground, and the prisoners' eyes go wide with amazement. Gronok follows it up by pulling off every last one of the other chains as well, freeing all the prisoners and filling the ground with lots of broken links. After all are free, he stands triumphantly in the middle of the crowd that has now formed and loudly proclaims words that none had hoped to hear.

"By the grace of Mo'kar, you are delivered!"

The prisoners look rather ecstatic, to tell the truth.

2 MP deducted!
Impressive display of power! 1 MP awarded!

Phiali calmly stands up on the temple floor and announces his exact feelings on the matter of conversion to the priest.

"I'm sorry, but I can't convert from the one true god. Nor will I come with you. Know this, however: You have lost your last chance. Be sure to tell whatever fell priest you blindly follow that it is your fault that this temple will fall."

"Well, it was worth telling you the options anyway, I believe. Hopefully the fires of hell will cleanse that nasty impudent streak out of you and you will be able to join us in heaven. One can only hope!"

Phiali, feeling a particularly inspired moment coming on, starts to run!

[Phiali escape roll: 6-->1+1]

Though the guards are in his way, Phiali pushes on, confident that God will provide a way! Unfortunately, God does not do this, so Phiali is left with making a route for himself! After muttering a quick prayer, he tackles the priest, rolling with him toward the exit!

[Guard pursuit roll: 6-->1]

As he rolls over the priest and starts to run, the guards run after him, trampling over the poor old half-blind priest in the process!

[Priest endurance roll: 3]

The priest seems quite hurt in the process, as he lets out a pained moan and curls up into a ball upon the guards' passing.

[Guard reaction roll: 4]

Though two of the guards pay their fallen master no mind, three stop in their tracks and go back to attend to the frail and abused old man, asking if he's alright and apologizing profusely for their impatience. Phiali runs out into the main hall.

Hm, there seem to be no guards around here. Looks like the old man got all of the ones around to follow him to Phiali. Not that he has very long to appreciate this, as the guards are right behind him and about to start closing in.

1 MP expended!

Sejena keeps the conversation going, making sure to keep any uneasiness about the pyromaniacally-inclined Kezilamites well-hidden.

"I see. I look forward to seeing them perish when the Goddess arrives."

"They doubtlessly feel the same way about you. And many other people, the King included."

"Well, I am glad you chose to come back for me, Naphezim. My prayers are with you and your home here. Regardless - I don't suppose you've heard from Satjap in the meantime?"

"Thankfully, no. But, since we are speaking of him, let's get on with our business. Namely, its nature and purpose. You will tell me what your purpose in coming here was, and you will tell me now. This roundabout manner of yours bores me quite immensely."

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »

Sejena hissed. Could the man not give her a minute's peace?

'Oh, for the love of... I came here to seek sanctuary, you half-wit, because Satjap promised me it would be found here and I am short on allies in this abyssal excuse for a city. And why do I need sanctuary, Naphezim? Because I have fled the palace and the slave-life I've had to suffer my entire life. Because I serve Aulanna, the Bloody-Red Lady, and will stop at nothing to see her will done. By the Goddess, I will bring down this doomed, pathetic speck of a kingdom and cast the king and all his sycophants and priests from his high tower and bathe in the blood of all who dare to defy her. Any more questions?'

Tell Naphezim what's what. Curse his... willpower? by -1 for 1 turn and try to get the fear of the Goddess into him (Miracle: Curse [1*1*1*1]=1). If that doesn't work, boost my own charisma/intimidation.

((Act backfiring in 3... 2... 1...))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:16:57 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2013, 04:26:16 pm »

"Excellent! Now, are any of you particularly strong or adept at picking locks?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 03, 2013, 06:41:24 pm »

So...my MP expended let me roll normally to escape? How is that different than what would have normally happened?

Run out the front doors, jibing at the guards about their lack of care for the priests.
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 03, 2013, 07:13:24 pm »

Elizas butts in at this point.

"This man is a child of God, and as such it is of my duty to protect him with the fullest measure of my abilities from harm." If you harm this man in anyway you will not only mark yourselves a target of God but all of his people."

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2013, 08:01:55 am »

So...my MP expended let me roll normally to escape? How is that different than what would have normally happened?

No, it gave you a +1 to said roll. You get what you pay for and all that. In your case, the +1 was actually quite important in that it let you put some distance between yourself and the guards.

"Excellent! Now, are any of you particularly strong or adept at picking locks?"

"In a word, no. It is the primary reason we are still here. That and the fact that the door leading out has no lock to pick."

Elizas butts in at this point.

"This man is a child of God, and as such it is of my duty to protect him with the fullest measure of my abilities from harm. If you harm this man in anyway you will not only mark yourselves a target of God but all of his people."

"You misunderstand. I am not going to harm him. I am merely saying that he should be harmed by someone in general."

The old man scratches his chin thoughtfully.

"Say, perhaps you could do it? I am sure your god would never see it coming."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:57 am »

No, it gave you a +1 to said roll. You get what you pay for and all that. In your case, the +1 was actually quite important in that it let you put some distance between yourself and the guards.
Ah, I see.
...Note to self: MP are more efficiently spent on classical miracles.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60