Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69928 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 61 - Unexpected Hosts
« Reply #600 on: June 11, 2013, 10:30:16 pm »

"Very well.  We must stay together as unto the flock of sheep- stray, and the wolves will come for you."

Advance cautiously, in the direction best indicated by the ex-guard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2013, 12:35:13 am »

Um...

Where did the Quest for Water start? I can't even remember what exactly happened.

Here you go, then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2013, 06:43:56 am »

"Ah. Don't tell her I said this, but she looks older. Anyways, do you know where she is?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2013, 07:12:44 am »

"Ah. Don't tell her I said this, but she looks older. Anyways, do you know where she is?"

"She relieved me of my sacred watchman duty while I came home to have dinner. And I see she... delegated a duty to you as well. There will be words. Anything you can say to her, you can say to me. Tell me everything."

He reminds you of the woman in the woods, Zarah. Not in any physical way, mind you, just the way he speaks. He looks a bit unused to hearing his own voice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 12, 2013, 07:17:31 am »

"Well, I'm Phiali; I'm trying to spread the Word of God, but failing. I came here, and almost thought this village was completely empty, then I saw this house, and met, um, Azha. She asked me to get water from the well with a bucket that seemed to be made more of leaks than wood. After fixing the well, failing to repair the bucket, failing to find something that could be used to fix the bucket or make a new container in the jungle, and then looking around for a container, I found this receptacle, got water from the well, and came back. I also wasted my supply of thread and stuff like that, but that doesn't seem important."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 12, 2013, 08:52:08 am »

"Well, I'm Phiali; I'm trying to spread the Word of God, but failing. I came here, and almost thought this village was completely empty, then I saw this house, and met, um, Azha. She asked me to get water from the well with a bucket that seemed to be made more of leaks than wood. After fixing the well, failing to repair the bucket, failing to find something that could be used to fix the bucket or make a new container in the jungle, and then looking around for a container, I found this receptacle, got water from the well, and came back. I also wasted my supply of thread and stuff like that, but that doesn't seem important."

"I see. Where did you find your bucket or receptacle?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »

"Um...geez, it's been a while. You have no idea how long it's been since I started trying to get water for her. It feels like I've been at it for...close to one-third of how long I've been around. It's been a while. I might have had it when I got here, but I don't think I would have..."
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 13, 2013, 01:27:56 am »

"Um...geez, it's been a while. You have no idea how long it's been since I started trying to get water for her. It feels like I've been at it for...close to one-third of how long I've been around. It's been a while. I might have had it when I got here, but I don't think I would have..."

"Ah. It just looked familiar. Never mind. Azha is at the top of the hill, if you wish to speak to her. Go ahead. Let her whisper conspiracies at you. I am far beyond the point of caring."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 13, 2013, 07:09:22 am »

"Alright."

Head to the hill and ask Azha what she wanted with this water.
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 14, 2013, 03:49:24 pm »

Float-stroke my way to the other side!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 62 - Plan Blue
« Reply #610 on: June 14, 2013, 04:17:58 pm »

Turn 62 - Plan Blue

Gronok, feeling quite ready to take this show on the road, walks up the steps of the Kezilamite temple. Fortunately, there's a lot of people around. He addresses them all as he takes a seat at the top of the steps - that climb took a bit of strength to do, actually. It may have been only seven steps, but it sure felt like more.

"People of Lazalam!" he addresses the people. "There are many things in this world of ours that give us joy - love, food, devotion. But I find that one thing that always sets me in a good mood is a story. I'd like to pass that good mood onto you. What kind of stories would you wish me to tell?"

One person stops, turning to him, soon followed by several others.

"Ooh, stories. I like stories. Tell us about... um..."

"Tell us about the stars! Those are wonderful!"

Elizas, rather than explain his motivations and needs in words, adds a musical accompaniment in what is the third song of today - "I'm A Prophet And I Need A Job In This Cathouse".

[Vocal music roll: 6-->1+1]

He manages it rather nicely, getting the point across while also being incredibly bawdy and provocative about it! After all, you hire a bard for the voice, but you let him stay for the bawdiness. Maybe the profanities were a bit much, but Elizas nonetheless stands by his work.

"That's a very... interesting song. I suppose our patrons may like it, and more like it. Very well. You are hired. You will receive 15 tezerams a night, more than adequate pay for a bard. Is this agreeable?"

Alright! Once again, the day is saved by the miracle of working blue.

Lars, after consulting with his guard-guide, decides to let him lead the people for now.

"Very well. We must stay together as unto the flock of sheep - stray, and the wolves will come for you."

"Okay then, how about we go this way? Wait, wait. How about we... CHARGE!"

The guard runs in a certain direction, and Lars and the mob follow him at a sprint. They come upon four surprised-looking guards!

They look a tad too confused by the guard's yelling to get to slaying the infidels and whatnot.

Phiali, finally about to conclude his business with the buckets and put this chapter of largely miserable failure behind him, heads up the hill, bucket in hand. He reaches a stone structure up above. Azha appears to be sitting within it, chewing lazily on a dried piece of meat while looking intently at a hatch of some sort.

"Excuse me, but why did you want me to bring you water?"

She stares at Phiali for a moment expressionlessly, then resumes chewing. Once she's finished, she speaks with boredom.

"How is the well?"

Shashari, judging the river to be safe, swims safely to the other side! Man, this is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. She climbs out on the other side, a bit wet from the water of the hell-river, but otherwise completely unharmed. Wasn't so bad, really.

"Should I call the fellow over or do you want to swim back first?"

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 14, 2013, 05:12:42 pm »

"Fixed."
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 14, 2013, 05:17:09 pm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 14, 2013, 06:42:11 pm »

"Well... I suppose you might as well fetch him. Hopefully he'd just believe us, but I don't really want to do this again."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 60