Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69943 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 72 - Excessive Force
« Reply #720 on: July 22, 2013, 07:51:10 am »

Do you imply by that answer that you are not? I've learned that some followers can be a tad violent and overreactive.

"Well, let me put it this way - is this great library on fire yet?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 22, 2013, 08:18:56 am »

Lars looked down at his handiwork.  Such was the fate of those who defied the One True God.  In fact, he should probably say that.

"Such is the fate of those that defy the One True God.  Now," he said, turning to the guard that had been his guide, "do you think there are any more holed up anywhere?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 22, 2013, 09:08:17 am »

Lars looked down at his handiwork.  Such was the fate of those who defied the One True God.  In fact, he should probably say that.

"Such is the fate of those that defy the One True God.  Now," he said, turning to the guard that had been his guide, "do you think there are any more holed up anywhere?"

"Can't say I'm entirely sure - I think there were about five to eight priests - they keep migrating, I'm afraid."

"There were five of us in the temple. Now there are four. Nuzkim chose to stay in the armory. Unless he is dead, I am sure he remains there."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 22, 2013, 09:11:31 am »

"Then let us return to the armory.  Once we are done there, we will give this heathen blighted building what it deserves."

Loot the reliquary.  Take anything valuable- burn the rest.  Especially any Kezilam relics- burn them first.  Head back to the armory.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 22, 2013, 03:47:14 pm »

Do you imply by that answer that you are not? I've learned that some followers can be a tad violent and overreactive.

"Well, let me put it this way - is this great library on fire yet?"
Ah, perfect. In that case, I come to this library to offer a bit of a deific upgrade, if you will. I believe that there is only one true god - I should know, s/he told me so - but I cannot think that people are so easily fooled as to follow a false god so easily, so I have come to the conclusion that Kezilam is merely one of God's great aspects, but the time has come for that to change. I come on behalf of the aspect of God known as Mo'kar, Aspect of knowledge, learning, and truth, qualities which I believe God currently wants to be expressed in the world. I'm here to see if you wish to convert.

Explain motives, attempt to convert.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 22, 2013, 03:48:42 pm »

Elizas looks forward in dismay as he gets no further in his goals of recruitment. Then, an idea hits him.

"Well everyone, what about this?"

Invent Rock music 2000 years early.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 73 - A Most Powerful Revelation
« Reply #726 on: July 24, 2013, 12:19:05 pm »

Turn 73 - A Most Powerful Revelation

Phiali decides to give conversion another shot. This time, though, he hopes to at least get a quest of some kind. It would only be polite to offer one, after all. He knocks on the door, and the man opens it once more.

"What now?"

[Phiali charisma roll: 1-->4]

"Now, I'll forgive you being a miserable old bastard if you give me a quest that will allow me to ingratiate myself to you."

"And I'll forgive you being a disrespectful, annoying nuisance that keeps pestering me if you merely left and did not bother me further," the man answers, shutting the door.

Well, that could have gone better.

Lars, having defeated the head priest in honorable mob-to-man combat, goes about the looting of the Kezilamite reliquary!

You know, with all the blood and such, Lars hadn't even noticed that this place had such amazing things in it. Bejeweled goblets, a crate of Kezilamite incense and a barrel of sanctified oil, a whole lot of very expensive-looking bracelets, a whole lot of gold-filled chests, ceremonial weapons and armor and, of course, relics. There look to be two relics of special note - the mummified head of Amaliz Teze, great prophet of Kezilam, and the original manuscript of the revelations of said filthy heathen.

Quite the treasure trove, all in all. Certainly more than a man can comfortably carry, even with the aid of a loyal mob. Perhaps an adjustment of plans is due.

Facing the librarian, Gronok tries to explain his motives.

"Ah, perfect. In that case, I come to this library to offer a bit of a deific upgrade, if you will. I believe that there is only one true god - I should know, s/he told me so - but I cannot think that people are so easily fooled as to follow a false god so easily, so I have come to the conclusion that Kezilam is merely one of God's great aspects, but the time has come for that to change. I come on behalf of the aspect of God known as Mo'kar, Aspect of knowledge, learning, and truth, qualities which I believe God currently wants to be expressed in the world. I'm here to see if you wish to convert."

The scribe shakes his head.

"We are forbidden by law to worship any god but Vaziim the Rising Sun or, more recently, Kezilam, on pain of death. So I will have to refuse your request."

Elizas figures that classic musical techniques, while they have admittedly served him well, are insufficient to express the miracle of God.

"Well everyone, what about this?"

[Invention roll: 5]

Though he has but one buffalo-bone guitar on him, he believes he can reinvent popular music as it is known! He begins a glorious guitar riff!

[Vocal performance roll: 3+1+1]

The resulting music is altogether much rougher than his usual fare, and Elizas pushes the guitar to the limit as he makes sweet music, enthralling the crowd with his new musical direction! The assembled people appear to be enjoying the music greatly, with its rather risque lyrics, relatively more aggressive style and general no-nonsense approach! They rock and they sway, moved by the magnificent tune! When he finishes the song, he can practically feel the delighted adoration of the crowd bathe him in the sweet light of approval.

This certainly is a wonderful invention, Elizas decides. He thinks he will call it... rock. Yes. Short, sweet and simple, it rolls off the tongue.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 24, 2013, 12:24:45 pm »

Dammit.

-----

Why do I always fail? Phiali contemplated this and searched for options. He could try praying for help or inspiration, but that didn't seem likely to be of use. Or he could...um...

Pray for help or inspiration.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 24, 2013, 12:30:42 pm »

$$BLING BLING$$

That barrel of oil gives me an idea, considering one of the New God's aspects...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 24, 2013, 12:57:06 pm »

(((So the temple in Kilinipom is the main temple? I don't see otherwise how the prophet's head could be there.))

And how did the worship switch from Vaziim to Kezilam?

((On Mind Control, Harry - are there costs for duration?))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05:13 pm »

((So the temple in Kilinipom is the main temple? I don't see otherwise how the prophet's head could be there.))

It's a very important temple. It is the Temple of Amaliz Teze, after all, founded in the prophet's own home village.

And how did the worship switch from Vaziim to Kezilam?

"It hasn't shifted entirely. The cult of the morning sun endures through tradition, the cult of the purifying flame persists by strength of arms and the zeal of its adherents - they proved simply too many and too well-armed to execute, so they now exist in an uneasy truce with the king, practicing their awful traditions unimpeded."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 24, 2013, 01:06:46 pm »

So the king doesn't support this cult?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 24, 2013, 01:16:22 pm »

So the king doesn't support this cult?

"Certainly not, and the king does not like them in return. They oppose his opulent lifestyle and his rather sizable contingent of concubines, calling them a barbaric, filthy tradition, a betrayal of his marriage to the Queen and ultimately detrimental to the health of both his court and that of society's moral fiber. The king, naturally, is insulted by such treatment of the sacred rights of royalty. As a result, they aren't the best of friends, as you may imagine. The entire town is on edge at the moment, I believe. Bad things are most definitely brewing."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 24, 2013, 01:19:40 pm »

Hmm. Are the guards of the town his or the Kelamazites? Which side would you say has a better chance of winning if they went against each other?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 24, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »

Hmm. Are the guards of the town his or the Kelamazites? Which side would you say has a better chance of winning if they went against each other?

"The actual guards work for the king. Still, the Kezilamites form their own gangs that tend to try and dispense justice in their neighborhoods - their priests encourage them to don gray and white robes, take up arms and make their neighborhoods as safe and free of criminals as possible. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure the king will be able to remove their presence from the city. He may certainly fight them to a stalemate, but he is unlikely to win, and I believe he realizes this."
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60