Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182590 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, 10:28:41 pm »

Celestia:
Followers gained: 5(2)
Followers lost: 7(1), 1(4)

...wait, so demonstrating clearly that the survival of every human on the planet depends on My continued maintenance of the Sun resulted in a net loss of followers, including one of my most devoted? Are they stupid? I'm paying an active maintenance on the Sun every turn. The continued existence of all life on this planet depends on Me taking active action to maintain it.

Option 1:
Keep Celestia happy, life continues on this planet

Option 2:
Make Celestia unhappy, every living thing on the planet dies.

And more people chose option 2 than 1?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2013, 10:30:05 pm »

Re: Jbg:
Oh crap...that means I need to keep an eye on a bunch of warbands rather than a single god...
Well, it should be easier to handle one warband...

If we agree that the warbands are embarking on an unjust course of action, can you dissuade them? Please?
Of course if it's something like wiping out a village of innocents, though if they are expanding their empires, i will not dissuade them. I need power as well.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2013, 10:31:41 pm »

Celestia:

...wait, so demonstrating clearly that the survival of every human on the planet depends on My continued maintenance of the Sun resulted in a net loss of followers, including one of my most devoted? Are they stupid? I'm paying an active maintenance on the Sun every turn. The continued existence of all life on this planet depends on Me taking active action to maintain it.

Option 1:
Keep Celestia happy, life continues on this planet

Option 2:
Make Celestia unhappy, every living thing on the planet dies.

And more people chose option 2 than 1?

Well, you are a bit of an ass for blocking out the source of life on the planet for shits and giggles. What's the word? Unpony.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2013, 10:33:37 pm »

Well, you are a bit of an ass for blocking out the source of life on the planet for shits and giggles. What's the word? Unpony.

You miss the point. I didn't "block it."

I am the source of it.

This is like people getting angry because the guy who donates $100 to charity every month didn't donate one month. How dare he.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2013, 10:36:41 pm »

I have 2 carriers left, they can't take on anything.....

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2013, 10:37:24 pm »

Oh crap...that means I need to keep an eye on a bunch of warbands rather than a single god...

If we agree that the warbands are embarking on an unjust course of action, can you dissuade them? Please?

Re: rancor the ninja:
What are your domains again?
I'm a Fae lord, not a god. I can use most magic with reasonable efficiency, though I am slightly better at defense and magically binding contracts. If all else fails, I can also just do things with my hands, like, say, stabbing certain warlords and hanging their corpses above my gates as a warning.

also, celestia: if you die, then we'll just organize a sun raising rota. You're the best at it, but anything can be done with enough power.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »

I am the source of it.

This is like people getting angry because the guy who donates $100 to charity every month didn't donate one month. How dare he.

No, more like the guy who started the charity making the starving children he founded it to feed, dance for his amusement lest he let them starve to death.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2013, 10:43:45 pm »

I'm a Fae lord, not a god. I can use most magic with reasonable efficiency, though I am slightly better at defense and magically binding contracts. If all else fails, I can also just do things with my hands, like, say, stabbing certain warlords and hanging their corpses above my gates as a warning.

also, celestia: if you die, then we'll just organize a sun raising rota. You're the best at it, but anything can be done with enough power.
Sorry bro, i can't dissuade him this turn, hope you survive.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2013, 10:44:56 pm »

I am the source of it.

But the sun rose and fell before there were gods, now you're just making a show of it. Of course, the sun going out for a little while makes everything nice and chilly, which I'm not at all opposed to. Plus, even if it did go out forever, it'll only kill the things that need to consume organic matter to survive. So gods and demons would lose a lot of power due to the lack of followers, and Fey (like myself) would be just fine. Of course, what fun is power without humans to impress with it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2013, 10:45:22 pm »

Actually, it's more like this; Sun rose normally before you arrived. You arrived, sun started being weird; sometimes nice, but now this.

Plus people are dumb and selfish.

Most of what you lost was actually to disease.

Additionally, you can't just say people are immune. Draco's prophet is immune because he specifically said that he would cure her of the disease, and the Eladrin are immune because they aren't human. But when he's a devil who specializes in disease...it's gonna be a bitch of a time making sure they never get a cold. Because if they do, he can probably kill them with it. Not that it won't be hard for him to pierce a god's protections either, it's just gonna be a test of wills, is all.

Plus, what does a god of chaos, insanity, and rage/battle have in those domains to protect against disease? Are you going to make the immune system pissed off?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:48:34 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2013, 10:47:26 pm »

The death shall be beautiful either way, feeding me and granting me strength

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2013, 10:48:06 pm »

The death shall be beautiful either way, feeding me and granting me strength
Lawl, that was a nice addition to the end

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2013, 10:50:22 pm »

Javier, I am the god of War, Chaos, and Madness. I spread death like Nutella on bread. I feel like we should be bros, but you kinda pissed off the entire population against you and my warbands don't like you. Sorry.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2013, 10:50:43 pm »

One more thing. Someone was asking what happens if a fae runs out of magic? They can't use magic. That's it. And they tend to be overthrown as lords of their Courts.

Fae Court is short for Courtiers, I should clarify. There just usually happen to be at least a dozen or so once things get going, while lesser gods and demons are far rarer.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2013, 10:53:08 pm »

Celestia:
Maybe they hate you. Maybe a lot of people lost faith when the sun was out.
Maybe it's justice.

Of course if it's something like wiping out a village of innocents, though if they are expanding their empires, i will not dissuade them. I need power as well.
This is the best I'll get. I'll take it.

I am the source of it.
Well, there was always the Sun, then a god comes along, then the god blocks it. It's a bit understandable that they don't see it the way you do, pal. If there was eternal darkness before you, sure, but since there wasn't...

Excellent. Shall we be in touch?

Assuming that the Sun really does stop.

I am the source of it.

No, more like the guy who started the charity making the starving children he founded it to feed, dance for his amusement lest he let them starve to death.
Excellent analogy.

Oh, and by the way Celestia: I'm not saying I'm opposed to your actions, I'm just saying that the mortals' reactions are justified.

Fae Court is short for Courtiers, I should clarify. There just usually happen to be at least a dozen or so once things get going, while lesser gods and demons are far rarer.
I knew it!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 188