Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182588 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1065 on: January 08, 2013, 12:36:40 am »

CAN'T BACK OUT NOW. JAASS, MCCLAY, AND YOU LORDBUCKET SHALL ALL BE CRUSHED. AND I'LL LISTEN TO SOME KICKASS MUSIC WHILE DOING SO.

WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME. TONS OF GODS ENTER, FUCKALL LEAVES.

You realize that you might still die, yes? Four greater gods posted attacks against you. People only backed out because they were too stupid to read the relative combat strengths thread, and apparently didn't realize that devils have 1/2 the strength of a greater god, and demons have between 1/6 and 1/10, and angels between half to one third of strength of a demon.

It was 4 greater gods vs a greater god, and two devils worth about one. Plus "other stuff."

It would be like saying I'm bringing four tanks, and you're bringing two tanks, a bunny, a squirrel, a really good bb gun and half a dozen sparklers . And clearly that outnumbers the four tanks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 08, 2013, 12:43:50 am »

Do not judge he who chose not to judge.
What about people who spent days planning an attack, went ahead and did the attack...and then changed their mind and backed out once victory was no longer certain, and are eagerly allowing others to take the fall and pretending innocence?
Can we judge those?
In case you couldn't judge, my heart wasn't all in the attack to begin with. Then the circumstances changed. Victory was suddenly anything but certain, the morality of our situation became muddled.

This war will end with the destruction of man and his civilzation. I will not allow that to happen. We will go back to status quo or weaken ourselves through petty fighting. Pick which one you prefer devil.
I'll do my best to stop this from happening, but...yeah, the war's probably going to make the plague seem like a minor flu outbreak as far as people-killed...

Damnit man you are the SUN!  Nothing is worth you and your cities destruction pull out before the trap closes and you, along with the hope of civilzation,  die.
And then we make a new sun.
Set Valhalla on fire.
We're GODS. If we accidentally destroy the Sun, we can deal.

Can we stop bickering?
I wish.

Who get's Celestia's city? I promise to build temples to all of my fellow Devils.
Can I have a temple, too?
It can double as a couthouse!

CAN'T BACK OUT NOW. JAASS, MCCLAY, AND YOU LORDBUCKET SHALL ALL BE CRUSHED. AND I'LL LISTEN TO SOME KICKASS MUSIC WHILE DOING SO.
WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME. TONS OF GODS ENTER, FUCKALL LEAVES.
You realize that you might still die, yes? Four greater gods posted attacks against you. People only backed out because they were too stupid to read the relative combat strengths thread, and apparently didn't realize that devils have 1/2 the strength of a greater god, and demons have between 1/6 and 1/10, and angels between half to one third of strength of a demon.
It was 4 greater gods vs a greater god, and two devils worth about one. Plus "other stuff."
It would be like saying I'm bringing four tanks, and you're bringing two tanks, a bunny, a squirrel, a really good bb gun and half a dozen sparklers . And clearly that outnumbers the four tanks.
More like four tanks vs. two tanks, a jeep, and a bunch of infantry of varying types. My money's still on the tanks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 08, 2013, 12:45:37 am »

Who get's Celestia's city? I promise to build temples to all of my fellow Devils.

You want her city? I'm warning you, it might not be in the best condition.

But, if you can pacify her former citizens, you could probably serve as it's steward.

I promise to protect them. And I'll probably just bribe them. I am the god of Wealth after all. And Draco get's a temple.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 08, 2013, 12:47:38 am »

the morality of our situation became muddled.

I already addressed that pages ago. Jbg violated the terms of the agreement. You were just looking for an excuse to change your mind.

My money's still on the tanks.

...and apparently you didn't realize that we were the tanks in that summary?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 08, 2013, 12:48:13 am »

Can i have a temple as well? It'll be an arena, each week the landscape within it is completely different.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 08, 2013, 12:49:08 am »

the morality of our situation became muddled.

I already addressed that pages ago. Jbg violated the terms of the agreement. You were just looking for an excuse to change your mind.

My money's still on the tanks.
3 of the 5 tanks you had walked off.
...and apparently you didn't realize that we were the tanks in that summary?
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:16 am »

We only had four "tanks," not five. Our faery didn't contribute much strength neither did half the stuff you listed on your side.

And yes...GWG was the first one to walk away, and yet apparently he thought he was the last one who hadn't.

I reiterate my comment about people being stupid and not reading.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 08, 2013, 12:59:47 am »

We only had four "tanks," not five. Our faery didn't contribute much strength neither did half the stuff you listed on your side.

And yes...GWG was the first one to walk away, and yet apparently he thought he was the last one who hadn't.

I reiterate my comment about people being stupid and not reading.
Sorry, 2 of your 4 tanks walked off and took your infantry.
We still have the equivalent of 2 tanks, about 4 lightly armored transport vehicles and various infantry.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 08, 2013, 01:04:33 am »

I think the GM is going to make Nikalas attack anyway...

Which is bad. Unless we win. Then it's good.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 08, 2013, 01:06:21 am »

I think the GM is going to make Nikalas attack anyway...

Which is bad. Unless we win. Then it's good.

Maybe he only has to half-attack? I'm not entirely sure.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 08, 2013, 01:08:49 am »

2 of your 4 tanks walked off

I'm not disputing that. I'm simply saying that they walked off because they were stupid and didn't understand that we had the advantage.

We had the logistics war won. Then you went and won the disinformation campaign.

Seriously...check the combat strengths summary and do the math. Angels are worth between 1/12th and 1/30th the strength of a greater god. Demons are worth between 1/6th and 1/10th. Yet you listed them and people simply counted number of participants and thought you had the advantage because you had more

Also didn't help that jaass went off and edited his post to hide the fact that he was attacking you, then privately whispered the gm to confirm that he was fighting on our side and asked us all to keep it a secret.

Seriously...if you win, it will be because we were fucking stupid.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 08, 2013, 01:12:06 am »

Welp. I'm going to bed. Hopefully this will be resolved when I wake up.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 08, 2013, 01:12:41 am »

Jaass, you jerk.

Anyway, I'm confident in us still winning.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 08, 2013, 01:35:31 am »

Fuck everything. I'm just gonna stick with plan A. I'm going to bed so I'll see where tomarrow leaves me. Good night and good luck you ricks.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 08, 2013, 01:50:00 am »

2 of your 4 tanks walked off

I'm not disputing that. I'm simply saying that they walked off because they were stupid and didn't understand that we had the advantage.

We had the logistics war won. Then you went and won the disinformation campaign.

Seriously...check the combat strengths summary and do the math. Angels are worth between 1/12th and 1/30th the strength of a greater god. Demons are worth between 1/6th and 1/10th. Yet you listed them and people simply counted number of participants and thought you had the advantage because you had more

Also didn't help that jaass went off and edited his post to hide the fact that he was attacking you, then privately whispered the gm to confirm that he was fighting on our side and asked us all to keep it a secret.

Seriously...if you win, it will be because we were fucking stupid.
You know that 2 devils can beat a GG. You have 3 GG. We have 1 better than GG, GG, a equal to GG, devil, 3 regular devils 2 of which can kick a GG's ass together, 2 demons which are equal to a devil together. So really, you are VASTLY outgunned. Good night good sir, I'll make sure to sweep up your ashes later.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 188