Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 181995 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1080 on: January 08, 2013, 02:16:40 am »

We have 1 better than GG, GG, a equal to GG, devil, 3 regular devils 2 of which
can kick a GG's ass together, 2 demons which are equal to a devil together.

I'm not sure you do. Some of the people who posted support in OOC never actually posted any actions saying they'd fight. Neither scapheap nor javier ever posted any action in support of anyone, and flameboy99 posted just to watch the battle.

2 demons which are equal to a devil together.

That's not correct.

Here is the combat strength summary:

Demons - As LGs are to GGs, Demons are to Devils. Two can match an FL.

Two demons can match a FAERY LORD.

Faery Lords(FL) (PCs) - Two can take on a devil and be even, or beat an LG, it takes at least five to beat a GG.

It takes TWO faerie lords to be even with a devil, and TWO demons to be equal to a faerie lord, therefore FOUR demons to be equal to a devil, and two devils to beat a greater god. That's EIGHT demons to beat a greater god. You have two. And it might even be worse, depending on which way we check it, because it also specifies that it takes AT LEAST FIVE faerie lords to beat a greater god. If it takes 5 faerie lords to beat a greater god, and it takes two demons to equal a faerie lord, that's TEN demons to take on a greater god.

Base level demons on their own have a value between 1/8th and 1/10th that of a greater god.

You are totally depending that the "of war" suffix gives you a massive bonus to make up the difference in your power claims. I'm pretty sure it won't...because remember...you're not the god of war.

Jebyg (Jbg97)
Major: Chaos
Minor: War, Insanity

You're the god of chaos with a minor in war, and I'm pretty sure I saw the GM say somewhere in the past 20 pages that a minor domain didn't count for as much as a major.

It's not so one-sided as you keep insisting.

EDIT: Corrected and clarified the fractions

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 08, 2013, 03:34:45 am »

I said I'm backing up javier(by waking him up). I was never in the war.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 08, 2013, 06:09:36 am »

You know, we still have the power equivalent of >4 greater gods. You still only have 3. Face it bucket, youre gonna lose, hard.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 08, 2013, 03:32:22 pm »

I agree with the above statement

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 08, 2013, 04:37:41 pm »

the morality of our situation became muddled.
I already addressed that pages ago. Jbg violated the terms of the agreement. You were just looking for an excuse to change your mind.
It isn't just that. When it's just us vs. Jebyg and Javier, it's a-OK. That's punishing criminals. When we start dragging every other power into the fight (and not all on our side!), then we're starting to suffer civilian casualties. Is it still justified, or is it unacceptable collateral damage? Would we even accomplish our goals, or would the mightier beings we're prosecuting use the lesser ones as cover?
Maybe once it's down to clear criminals. But, frankly, I've half a mind to break off the alliance. You say it's okay to attack Jebyg, because he violated the ceasefire, changing the situation. I say it's okay not to attack them, because innocents joined their side, changing the situation.

My money's still on the tanks.
...and apparently you didn't realize that we were the tanks in that summary?
...No, apparently you didn't realize this isn't about strength.
It's not that I chickened out, it's that I'm not so sure attacking them is right.

thought he was the last one who hadn't.
Again, I thought I was the last one to post an action.

I'm not disputing that. I'm simply saying that they walked off because they were stupid and didn't understand that we had the advantage.
Oh, I understood that we had the advantage as far as the pure strength goes. Does anyone think that that was justification for Europeans taking over the New World?

Also didn't help that jaass went off and edited his post to hide the fact that he was attacking you, then privately whispered the gm to confirm that he was fighting on our side and asked us all to keep it a secret.
Seriously, did he think we weren't going to win or was he just causing trouble?

Oh, and LB...
What have scapheap, Kashyyk, and Inithis done to deserve annihilation? If you want me to attack their "alliance," explain that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 08, 2013, 04:42:55 pm »

I'm not a criminal, death is just in my nature!
If I kill people, I obviously do it to stop their endless suffering from plague and war.
[/trollface]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 08, 2013, 04:43:53 pm »

Being alive.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 08, 2013, 04:54:40 pm »

Does having a minor in Light mean Draco can do something about the sun going out? If it goes out that is.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 08, 2013, 05:00:32 pm »

It means he has one of the greatest chances of making a new ish sun and to GWG

"When it was just a single devil being punished for crimes against the world, I could group with my alliance"
That's why I wasn't notified of an alliance, it was started against me!!!!

And the speech in the regular thread most powers aren't too far into darkness...
Stop referring to me as evil!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:09:32 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 08, 2013, 05:03:38 pm »

Does having a minor in Light mean Draco can do something about the sun going out? If it goes out that is.
Well,
It means he has one of the greatest chances of making a new ish sun
you beat me to it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 08, 2013, 05:05:58 pm »

Edited my above post with new info in light after reading speech

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 08, 2013, 05:41:26 pm »

Ok, at this point Celestia and her supporters are screwed 6 ways from sunday.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 08, 2013, 06:13:53 pm »

Yeah. And, given the number of innocents on the J-Team, no chance of me turning my front on them...that...made much more sense before I typed it.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 08, 2013, 06:25:15 pm »

Nice to know you consider me an innocent GWG :))

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 08, 2013, 06:25:35 pm »

Yeah. And, given the number of innocents on the J-Team, no chance of me turning my front on them...that...made much more sense before I typed it.
How ironic that the supposed "bad guy" is supported by nearly everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 188