Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 787226 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1755 on: October 18, 2013, 07:15:25 am »

It's fine, I sealed of the ca-
No I didn't.  :P
Did you?
Yes, I did. But you can't seal from the ghost, and now we have about 10 of them.  Two or three of which are violent ones.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 18, 2013, 09:56:54 am »

Oh my...
brought down by food poisoning - so far this had not happened to me...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 18, 2013, 10:09:29 am »

Amusing and chaotic....shame weve been brought low by foodpoisoning and our dead. thats a new one for deathgate...hopefully we get migrants, at least +10 of them to keep the fortress intact...otherwise guys i think we need to do a reclaim...because this place is a deathtrap for our dwarves so far thanks to the constant voidspawn raids...im thinking at least 2-3 overseers either need to keep the gates closed at all costs, or take my suggestion and make a 2nd level over our fort and use it for our marksmen to shoot the hell out of the voidspawn, theyll become elite marksdwarves in no time! that and we need to find a way to get all those goblins into a pit and then prepare to invade hell like the last time, by dumping the thralls and goblins one at a time against the clown rush, *frist thralls, then goblins* along with a large amount of spikes/disc traps and ballista/marksdwarves that had practice against the voidspawn horde...hey voidspawn heal ridiculously fast....so we might as well use them as target practice while were held up in the fort!

Or we can pray to Anima for use of a nova/cleansing fire of the void to wipe the enemies from the map to let migrants in as a one time deal only thing...because lets face it, allot of adamantium supplies are on the surface...and we just cant seem to get to them due to the constant attacks of voidspawn (while fun also proves annoying when overseers try to reclaim our precious stuff in preperation for a second colonization of hell!) and besides, some overseers now have exp in attacking and claiming hell! all we need to do is insure that we use the kindergarden and the voidspawn tagret practice range and the demons will learn to think twice about attacking our fort! plus the mad-fool could revive Darkwing the netherfoul! or make a second incarnation...

lets hope he doesnt make a paindeer again...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 18, 2013, 10:11:19 am »

sorry for second post but thought you guys wanted to know that hall of legends is now more veiwed then murdermachines....so now were in second place again.

Just thought you guys wanted to know  :).
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 18, 2013, 11:26:48 am »

So, we now have these choices:
 - Go on as it is trying to survive with 4 last dwarves.
 - Summon migrants with dfhack and let them in... if they survive.
 - Abandon and reclaim.
 - Abandon and build somewhere else.

What should we do?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: October 18, 2013, 12:03:56 pm »

I'm in favor of us trying to survive with the last four, since we can always do the three and four later and summoning migrants isn't !!FUN!!
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: October 18, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »

I'm in favor of us trying to survive with the last four, since we can always do the three and four later and summoning migrants isn't !!FUN!!
Yeah. Keep it going as long as possible, and then do another reclaim if/when they all die.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 18, 2013, 01:29:37 pm »

sorry for second post but thought you guys wanted to know that hall of legends is now more veiwed then murdermachines....so now were in second place again.

Hall of Legends isn't a fort, it's a compilation of the most legendary forts. Of course it's in first for views.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 18, 2013, 01:56:50 pm »

Hall of Legends isn't a fort, it's a compilation of the most legendary forts. Of course it's in first for views.
And we are FAR away from being second. I checked the board and saw at least 3 threads with more view.

So, we now have these choices:
 - Go on as it is trying to survive with 4 last dwarves.
 - Summon migrants with dfhack and let them in... if they survive.
 - Abandon and reclaim.
 - Abandon and build somewhere else.

What should we do?
As sorry as I am for you ( watching 4 dwarves die slowly is probably alot less entertaining than watching a hundred die slowly ), I'd stick to trying to survive as long as possible, even if there are now chances of survival. Not sure if we should build somewhere else. Let Anima decide when the time comes.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: October 18, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »

Well, I think that 20 or 30 migrants trying to reach the gates through voidspawn hordes ARE fun, but ok. I guess I survive till end of my turn...

It's 16th Obsidian and we have gobbo siege here.

Ok, my turn is over. Last 4 dwarves are trying to make enough slabs and coffins. Everyone has masonry and engraving labors enabled, and stone/furniture/corpse hauling.
Caverns are sealed, so no danger from beasts. Maybe best choice if to abandon and reclaim - if we release captured voidspawn beforehand, we'll get random fight between them and 'friendly' gobbos

Save uploaded to http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8052

And
As you value your life or your reason keep away from egg roasts
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:18:34 pm by peregarrett »

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 18, 2013, 03:02:33 pm »

As you value your life or your reason keep away from egg roasts
Oh look, egg roasts!
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: October 18, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »

Mmm, what gives it that piquant flavour?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 18, 2013, 05:33:18 pm »

I think is the - gack!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: October 18, 2013, 08:51:12 pm »

Man, another paralyzed corpse. Hey, look, he's got an egg roast! Mmm, tasty. I wonder if-gack!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: October 18, 2013, 09:28:30 pm »

I would not like them spread on toast.
I would not like them in a roast.
I would not like them here or there.
I would not like them anywhere.
I will not give those eggs a try
'cuz if I do then I will die.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 272