Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265223 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Perrin Ain't Carin'
« Reply #345 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:15 pm »

The ghost of Rakzad appears to Arthur.
"Well, this is sort of awkward, but it seems Billy just got himself offed, so we're now in the market for a new chosen one. You're not exactly ideal, but you do have some things going for you: you don't currently possess any sort of artifact of great power and are somewhat injured at the moment, so you fulfill the underdog clause; you're the only person to have survived since the first round as far as we are able to tell, so you have a touch of fate to you; and you're not exactly pure of heart by any means, but you don't seem intrinsically hostile to life, so you just about pass in that regard (though we will expect better performance in the future if our partnership is to succeed).
"So then, if you are in agreement, you may meet with our associate, Razdak, exactly 3 deaths from now. Otherwise, please let us know if you are not interested, so that we may pursue other candidates for this position."

"Um..." I think I heard something. Something I agree with.

Reinforce barrier, wish I had more than one throwing needle thingy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 01, 2013, 04:28:07 pm »

Well....uh......shit.

Name: Willy Snow
Looks: Some awful rapper guy's brother
Stats:
Strength:
Endurance: -----
Dexterity: -----
Affinity: -
Luck: +
Badassery:

Is end or dex supposed to be a row of plusses, there?

Thanks I fixed that
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 01, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SWEET VENGEANCE. How does it taste to lose with so much power Billy?  ;D

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 01, 2013, 05:24:17 pm »

"Well, this is sort of awkward, but it seems Billy just got himself offed, so we're now in the market for a new chosen one. You're not exactly ideal, but you do have some things going for you: you don't currently possess any sort of artifact of great power and are somewhat injured at the moment, so you fulfill the underdog clause; you're the only person to have survived since the first round as far as we are able to tell, so you have a touch of fate to you; and you're not exactly pure of heart by any means, but you don't seem intrinsically hostile to life, so you just about pass in that regard (though we will expect better performance in the future if our partnership is to succeed).
"So then, if you are in agreement, you may meet with our associate, Razdak, exactly 3 deaths from now. Otherwise, please let us know if you are not interested, so that we may pursue other candidates for this position."

Wait since his butter knife throwing thing uses one of my butter knifes, shouldn't that be gone?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 01, 2013, 11:06:45 pm »

Wait since his butter knife throwing thing uses one of my butter knifes, shouldn't that be gone?
No, because it's not a butter knife anymore.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! For Science!
« Reply #350 on: February 03, 2013, 07:35:51 pm »

((So the reason this is a bit late is because I sent PMs to the three people who haven't posted yet. And they still haven't responded, so I'll have them do nothing other than defend themselves this turn and kill them off next turn if they haven't responded or posted by then.))

Bark at him, attempting to shoot a lightning bolt at him. If that doesn't work, jump over the barrier and savage Arthur to death.

(Bastard dexterity: 6+1-1)
(Arthur dexterity: 5+1-1)

(Bastard affinity: 3+1)
(Bastard dexterity: 5+1-1)
(Arthur dexterity: 6+1-1)

Grawson barks, and small motes of bluish light begin to gather around Arthur, but the cripple rolls out of the way as the area explodes with electricity. He regains his bearings for a moment before Grawson leaps over the barrier and bears his fangs at him.

"Catch mortal!"

run over to and toss a lightning ball at Systar.
Well....uh......shit.

Name: Willy Snow
Looks: Some awful rapper guy's brother
Stats:
Strength:
Endurance: -----
Dexterity: -----
Affinity: -
Luck: +
Badassery:

Is end or dex supposed to be a row of plusses, there?

"Nice dodge there, but can you keep it up?"

Again!  Close the distance some and throw Moretti!
(John dexterity: 4-1) Distance calculations and all that
(Systar dexterity: 3+1)

(Systar dexterity: 1+1-1)
(Moretti endurance: 1)

Systar rolls closer to the rock, and tosses Moretti again... directly into the boulder. Several of the metal blades on the star are bent out of shape, and one of the newly-grown stingers is smashed beyond recognition. "Aaargh! God damn it kid, I knew that I'd get hurt eventually, but this is a disgrace. I can't kill you myself, but nothing in my contract says that I have to come back to you after you throw me."

(John dexterity: 5)
(Systar dexterity: 5+1-1)
(John luck: 4) This is for the grenade power
(Systar affinity: N/A) Lightning beats water
(Systar endurance: 1)

As Systar rubs his eyes again, he barely steps out of the way of the thunderball, which lands a few feet behind him begins to glow. Systar's vision comes back just in time for him to see several bolts of lightning erupt from the sphere, one of which hits him straight in the chest, completely vaporizing the steam there and leaving a smouldering hole there the size of a watermelon.

SYSTAR IS DEAD
(John luck roll: 3+3)

As Systar's body crumples to the ground, his chair and helmet vanish into thin air. Moretti looks at the corpse for a moment, and then cheers. "I'm finally rid of that bastard! Hahaha, goodbye master, and goodbye contract! Now, who do I kill ne-" Systar's body rises into the air, and black portal opens across the hole in his chest. "No. No! Nonononononono! I'm not going back there, not now that my contract's gone!" Moretti clings to the rock and struggles against the pull of the gateway, but his efforts are futile as the portal simply moves closer, eventually enveloping him. A strange gurgle comes from the gap, and it spits out a beating heart with several metal spikes thrust through it. The organ lands at John's feet, and as he picks it up, the spikes remove themselves from the heart and orbit around John's head like a crown of thorns.

((Well there goes there goes my secret alliance with Mr. Locust guy.))

"That was awesome! And scared the hell out of me. Though we better move, I thought I heard shooting nearby. Might be best to get away from here for now... ah that forest looks like a good place to hide and figure out what to do next." Lucky says to Lilia while pointing to the forest in the south west corner of the area.
"Alright let's go!~" Lilia says cheerfully while floating on ahead a little ways.
"Oh and if some one looks like they are either gonna attack me or is some weird ax murderer, geyser them up as far as you can into the air.. or off the cliff. I'll let you pick." Lucky says to Lilia as he heads to the forest as well.

Run to the forest, and have Lilia geyser people up in the air and then let them drop if they attack me. Or  geyser them off the cliff if the cliff is close enough.

((Btw hope you don't mind me glowing my text. It's kinda hard to read pink with a white background lol.

Oh and if your just going to update the map every so often now, can you at least type down where our current positions are?))

You jog over to the woods with Lilia floating behind you, and see the resident weird ax-murderer moving the other way to kill Systar. You also hear a deep and resonant voice in your head say "Glowing text is fine." Whatever that's supposed to mean...

STEVE APPEARS SWIMMING IN THE CENTRAL LAKE!
(Steve luck: 6+1)

Steve's waiver immediately morphs into something heavy and falls into the water beside him. He quickly grabs onto it before it begins to sink, and the weight of the object begins to drag him underwater. As he struggles against the weight, he suddenly finds his limbs moving at unbelievable speeds, and he rockets to the surface along with his treasure. It appears to be a massive anchor carved from black stone, and it's adorned with countless iron runes.

A STRANGE VOICE BOOMS ACROSS THE ARENA!
"Hey, how are you treasure hunters all doing? Good? Good. We've already found out a lot about the treasures in that other dimension thanks to you, and John has given us just the bit of evidence that we needed to make an interesting theory. May we present to you... The Law of Elemental Balance! It goes as follows:
There are five simple elements that we have discovered so far in loot. Now, these aren't the only elements; there are actually nearly forty, and that's only what we've discovered. But there are five that seem to appear quite commonly. These are Fire, Water, Wood, Metal, and Lightning. Each of these elements has one strength and one weakness.

Fire burns Wood
Wood grows over Metal
Metal absorbs Lightning
Lightning electrocutes Water
And Water extinguishes Fire

Now, we're still not exactly sure how this plays out in practice, but our top scientists say that this is the reason why Systar's steam didn't protect him from John's lightning. Anyways, keep up the good work out there! We'd be rooting for you if you weren't all going to die!"

MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 03, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »

Charge Da Funk, embed anchor in his brain.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 03, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »

AHAHAHAHA that's my Arthur, dodging like a professional. Now, stab him in the face! >:D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 03, 2013, 09:32:29 pm »

Will do.

Hurl the throwing needle at the wolf, and shout for help. Pray mentally.
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 03, 2013, 09:48:22 pm »

((Is it bad that I read that Elemental section in Cave Johnson's voice?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28:21 pm »

((Is it bad that I read that Elemental section in Cave Johnson's voice?))
Now that you mention it...it fits.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 03, 2013, 11:09:07 pm »

Noooooooooo aww.  Poor Moretti- I was curious to see how much he'd grow.

Presenting.... Bubba!

Name: Bubba
Looks:  A fat guy with a beard and a John Deere mesh cap.  Wears a plaid shirt and jeans, with muddy boots.
Stats:
Strength: ---
Endurance:  +++
Dexterity:  ++
Affinity: --
Luck: ++++++
Badassery: ------
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 03, 2013, 11:54:58 pm »

"I say! this appears to be a time to remove myself from the vicinity! Lootington, AWAY!"

Remove myself from the vicinity.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 04, 2013, 12:45:51 am »

Sorry guys, school has dominated my attention.

Help out Arthur with his Wolf problem.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2013, 01:30:31 am »

'That voice... why does he sound like he's from a video game I played?' Lucky thinks to himself briefly.

"Hm... hey Lilia, if what that voice said is true, does that mean this bubble shield thing won't work on that guy's lightning ball attack that we just seen?" Lucky asked Lilia while hoping he was wrong.

Wait for her answer and then either way, tell her to go geyser that ax murder looking guy as high up in the air as she can do and hope the fall kills him. If he decides to throw a lightning ball at me, tell Lilia to instead trap the lighting ball in a bubble shield like she did to keep me from falling to my death. (if that's possible to do that is)
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 159