Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265725 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Dastardly Villains!
« Reply #1065 on: March 09, 2013, 10:29:01 am »

Nah sven has to get in...
he exploded a guy using nothing but a longsword
He forced kadzar to summon an abomination of nature
He caused everyone around himself to die horribly.
He had a popeye tattoo, all terrain skating shoes and X-RAY GLASSES.
Oh and he jumped 30 feet in the air using a corpse as a ramp.
What about Alani? She was the one who finally killed you. Albeit while getting killed herself, but still.
Actually it was sven that killed Alani by stealing the bow, you cant really claim credit seeing as you didnt know what the hat actually did before the fall.
Knowing what it did doesn't matter. I killed someone accidentally by using the horn many times. No matter how you look at it, it was my hat that killed you.
I dont dispute that the hat caused my death, i dispute your claim that Alani killed me due to it being my attack that killed us both.
Oh and with the horn kills... i was running into groups of people on purpose, you can thank me for those kills whenever you feel like it :)

Chances are Alani is going to get into magus anyway simply due to the death count we incurred during our game of cat and mouse.
I REALLY doubt you can call snatching my bow and doing nothing with it an attack. YOU killed me, and I killed you.

As for the kills, I only went after you the first time, which killed Kadzar(Sorry Bro). After that, I was going after Lilia's attackers, Etc. You...kinda just followed along with me.
I can and will, if it wasnt for that hat i was going to shoot the horn to prevent you using it and let you fall to your death.
Okay ill give you the horn point as i did try to save lillia as well.

Also lillia is the perfect analogy for the point im trying to make, every time lillia killed someone lucky may have got the loot but he had absolutely no claim to the kill itself as he didnt do anything.

Therefore just as it was Lillia who killed people and not lucky, it was your hat that killed me and NOT Alani.

I hope that clarifies what im trying to say.
That's like saying that nobody REALLY got any kills, as THEY didn't do the killing, their LOOT did. In my case, The BOW, the TRUMPET, and the HAT did the killing. In your case....I unno, I wasn't watching you. Scapheap's axe, which killed Alina, pretty much ANYTHING but your own two fists would be considered NOT your kill, as YOU didn't do the killing yourself.

Your weapon did.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 09, 2013, 03:06:05 pm »

If it was unintentional, does it count?

If ignorance convicts, yeah he's guilty.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 09, 2013, 03:25:46 pm »

If it was unintentional, does it count?

If ignorance convicts, yeah he's guilty.
I'd say it counts. My treasure killed him. Really, it either counts as a kill for me, or the ground.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 09, 2013, 03:58:15 pm »

I really don't think it counts. I mean... the loot went off on it's own and that killed Sven. Remember Unlucky? He grabbed Badassitudes fan and that killed him on it's own but Wwolin ruled that as a suicide. Otherwise that would've been badassitude's kill by Green's argument.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 09, 2013, 04:59:34 pm »

That's like saying that nobody REALLY got any kills, as
THEY didn't do the killing, their LOOT did. In my case,
The BOW, the TRUMPET, and the HAT did the killing. In
your case....I unno, I wasn't watching you. Scapheap's
axe, which killed Alina, pretty much ANYTHING but your
own two fists would be considered NOT your kill, as
YOU didn't do the killing yourself.

Your weapon did.

This is not what i am saying at all, the sword and trumpet etc count as kills for the owner in my mind because they need to be ACTIVELY used.

Items like Lillia and the hat do not count as kills in my mind because they kill PASSIVELY with no input from the owner.

Basically if you hit someone with a sword and they die you have killed them, but if you merely own the sword and they trip over and impale themself on it then its a tragic accident not a murder.

Does that clear things up?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 09, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »

I think Lilia is a special case though. If Lucky was to appear in the game, he'd have to have Lilia, as that was part of his main force. If I put the sword where I knew someone would walk, then they accidentally themselves, it's a kill. If I have an awesome angelic loli protectorate, and she kills someone, it's for me, ergo, me.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 09, 2013, 05:25:55 pm »

Whoa whoa whoa I spawned? Forgot I was in this. Time to reread for a bit and then edit this post later.

Edit: OK, no one seems to be trying to kill me at the moment. Wear cross if possible, or just point it at the air and attempt to activate it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:30:39 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 09, 2013, 08:09:22 pm »

With something like Lilia... I'm her "owner" and i'm ordering her to kill for me. The fact I'm ordering her means I get the kill. The hat on the other hand did it on it's own without an sort of input from it's owner. So that is an accidental suicide.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 09, 2013, 08:19:10 pm »

I still hold my argument. My object killed you, whether directly or indirectly, so I'd rule it a kill. I don't care what you guys think, this is just my opinion.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 09, 2013, 08:20:09 pm »

Two deaths left until I can get in and start eating your bodies so it doesn't really matter.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 09, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »

three, wwolin hasn't added me to the waitlist yet.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 09, 2013, 08:32:02 pm »

three, wwolin hasn't added me to the waitlist yet.
Well, okay.
3 deaths.
Eenie meenie miney moe....
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 09, 2013, 08:43:21 pm »

I still hold my argument. My object killed you, whether directly or indirectly, so I'd rule it a kill. I don't care what you guys think, this is just my opinion.
Personally i do not believe sven should have even died as he survived a 30 foot fall a few turns before and tearing the bow from your grasp should not have slowed him sufficiently to cause him to fall almost directly downwards and splatter, i was going to argue with wwolin about this but by the time i read the turn my replacement had already posted his turn and my death was pretty awesome.

I may disagree with your position of "i own it therefore i killed you" but i DO respect your right to believe it.

I just like to debate stuff, i find it entertaining.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 09, 2013, 08:51:57 pm »

Wow. i died quickly...

well then...

Name: B0B
Strength: ---
Endurance: +++
Dexterity: +++
Affinity: ++++++
Luck: ------
Badassery: ---
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 09, 2013, 10:08:16 pm »

Systar never got a lot done, but Moretti was interesting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 159