Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265794 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Dastardly Villains!
« Reply #1080 on: March 09, 2013, 10:42:14 pm »

I still hold my argument. My object killed you, whether directly or indirectly, so I'd rule it a kill. I don't care what you guys think, this is just my opinion.
This made me realize an easy way to end this argument.
Wwolin: If Whats-his-name had survived the fall, would he have gotten the kill? How about if Whosits had?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Impending Doom Spell!
« Reply #1081 on: March 10, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »

Woah... I take one little SAT, and I come back to several pages of commenting and speculation. Hooray! Anyways, MAGUS is gonna use just about anyone who did something major. So Sven, Alani, Lucky, Minmax, The Rock, Badassitude, Systar... they'll all show up somewhere or another.

I still hold my argument. My object killed you, whether directly or indirectly, so I'd rule it a kill. I don't care what you guys think, this is just my opinion.
This made me realize an easy way to end this argument.
Wwolin: If Whats-his-name had survived the fall, would he have gotten the kill? How about if Whosits had?

If Alani survived, Sven's death would have been suicide, because he actively caused it by stealing the bow. Had Sven survived, he would have gotten the kill, because he actively caused Alani's death. Kill credit without a definite finishing blow goes to whoever is most responsible for the death. In this case it was Sven, because he caused the entire thing by taking the bow.

And now we return you to your scheduled program of Looter's Delight.

play with door in secret and mischevious ways.
(Rothe luk: 3-6) You got a -luk item that requires luk. Well doesn't that just suck...

You pick up the door and laugh maniacally, just before it swings open on its hinges, revealing a portal to some horrifying dimension. With a sound like a lawnmower, your head is sucked into the portal, and the door slams shut on it, crushing it to bits. Its trolling purpose fulfilled, it vanishes in a cloud of smoke

"That actually went remarkably well..." says Osborn to himself, and then to the sherrif, "Ya, sorry about that, I'll be going now..."

more secret PM stuff!

((also, don't I have +5 to Badassery  :P))
"Wait.. Muffinsh, do yoush shmell that? Thatsh the smell o'... Booze!"

Run drunkenly until I reach Strider.
Why did they do that?

Also, shoot at...oh...Henry.
(Osborn dex: 1)
(Henry dex: 1-1)
(Blodgreen dex: 3+3)

(Blodgreen dex: 1+3)
(Henry dex: 2-1)
(Mittensh dex: 1)
(Blodgreen aff: 3+1)
(Henry end: 6+1)

(Osborn bad: 5+5)
(Osborn dex: 4)
(Book aff: 6+1)
(Blodgreen dex: 2+3)
(Blodgreen end: 5-1)

Smelling the booze on the air, Henry begins to stumble towards the grass tower, already so intoxicated by the mere thought of booze that Mittensh has to keep him from falling. Seeing an easy target, Blodgreen fires his bow at the man. Neither Henry nor Mittensh have time to react as the arrow flies, but it merely glances off of the Irishman's shoulder before exploding harmlessly into a barrage of metal spikes several yards away. Blodgreen curses under his breath, and is about to fire off another round when he spots Osborn running towards him. The murderous mage opens his grimoire and reads off the incantation, the black glow around the second set of words growing until it practically envelops the entire book.

"Bresc Madaus Oll Tha Eln Tainar!"

As the last word rolls off of Osborn's tongue, the entire area around Blodgreen begins to turn into a black soup, dense oily smoke rising up from the ground. Blodgreen tries to exit the area as fast as he can, but as he approaches the edge, there's a great whooshing roar as the entire blackened area shudders and belches forth a black ball of fire twenty feet across. Blodgreen is instantly incinerated, and as the black meteor ascends into the heavens, the inky trail of smoke behind it condenses into a jet black spike, with wicked-looking minigun barrels sticking off of it at every angle, spinning slowly as they search for a target.

(Osborn luk: -4-6)

The great black meteor's ascent begins to slow, and small tendrils of smoke twist down from it, writing yet another twisted sentence in the book, in black ink rather than the blood of the first spell or the flames of the second. The words seem to almost be locked onto the page, and they shimmer slightly with an unnatural luster.

CHUG.
(Strider end: 6-2)

You briefly consider whether or not it would be wise to consume this beverage, but decide that caution is for sissies as you chug it. Or rather, try to chug it. You're not sure what the alcohol content is, but it burns your throat as it goes down, causing you to writhe in pain on the ground.

Kordos glares at Osborn. "I don't know what you think you're playing at mister, but I don't want any more trouble or any more bloodshed, so you've got ten seconds to get away from here. I won't make a move against till the time is up unless you try something first, but, if you're still within the area of this dry lakebed when the time is up, I fill you up with steel."

Kordos starts counting, and, if Osborn doesn't leave the area by the time ten seconds have passed, or he makes some move other than running before the time has passed, Kordos will shoot him with the cannon.

((Ten seconds is a reasonable time to get out of the area, right? I don't want to give him too much time, but I don't want to give him so little time that the request is unreasonable either.))
I just want to amend that if Osborn leaves peacefully and no one else causes trouble in the nearby area, Kordos will go back to making shovels, saying, "Alright, this fort's not going to make itself."
(Kordos luk: 5+3)

You grin as you see Osborn disappear peacefully into the tall grass, and get to work gathering a set of leaves and branches to make shovels with. Finding the materials easily, you lay them out to form a set of shovels for Vodka to steelify, just as you spot an enormous black meteor rise into the air from deep in the tall grass, a jagged black tower covered in weaponry forming behind it. "DAMMIT OSBORN!"

That was interesting. Anyway, anyone want to change things into steel?

Grab a stick and sharpen the end to a point, then steelify it.
(Vodka luk: 4+2)
(Vodka aff: 5+1)

You make a nifty steel spear from an old branch. It might come in handy later. Or you might die from a gigantic black ball of flames falling from the sky in the near future. Yeah, you might want to do something about that...

Whoa whoa whoa I spawned? Forgot I was in this. Time to reread for a bit and then edit this post later.

Edit: OK, no one seems to be trying to kill me at the moment. Wear cross if possible, or just point it at the air and attempt to activate it.
(Random aff: 3+2)

You hold the cross above your head, and a bubble of solid light forms around you. The various jungle insects bounce off of it like it's some sort of divine zapper, their bodies vanishing in little motes of light. You move the cross around, and the bubble follows it, acting as a sort of shield.

SHIRLY SNOW AND CAPTAIN AVERAGE SPAWN ON TOP OF THE BOULDER
(Shirly luk: -5-4)

Shirly's waiver bends itself into a long katana carved from a single enormous bone. Its cutting edge is reinforced with a purple metal, and a pair of long black ribbons extends from the hilt.

(Average luk: 1)

Captain Average's waiver morphs into... a foam bat? Yep, a bright yellow foam baseball bat. It even says "Nerf or Nothing" on the side.

REAL MAP THIS TIME!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Dastardly Villains!
« Reply #1082 on: March 10, 2013, 05:43:17 pm »

"Hey, mishter, ya okay? Looks like ya can't handle yer booze."

Let me use logic...... Drink some of the booze. BRILLIANT
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 10, 2013, 05:44:13 pm »

"ARGLBARGH."

OHGAWD. TELL THROAT TO STOP BURNING. Offer some to that guy. The one with the Mittensh.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 10, 2013, 05:48:55 pm »

...Alcohol?
Steelify plant shovels. Watch the beer keg closely, but don't get close to it.
"I... really want some, but... there's no way that won't cause a fight... Plus, I don't like crowds...

Scan the area. Notice Captain Average.
"Hmm... I wonder if I should help him, or leave him with something that won't possibly kill me..."

Look at death meteor. Weigh the benifits of steelification vs just letting it do it's thing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:55:47 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 10, 2013, 05:51:18 pm »

Shoot bow at...crap.

Re-apply.

Charlie
He looks average.
No bonuses or penalties
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 10, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »

Hmmm, I think I'll continue this tradition I set for myself...

VERY secret PM stuff!
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 10, 2013, 05:59:01 pm »

Ffs

Waitlist as jim, identical character
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 10, 2013, 06:01:45 pm »

((HENRY. ALLIANCE. MAYBE. AUGH.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 10, 2013, 06:04:02 pm »

((AGREEMENT. BOOZE. GOOD. ARGLE))
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 10, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »

((I personally think that Osborn should show up in MAGUS, because he's practiacally a pre-made mini-boss. A mage who has absolutly no control over the insanely powerful spells he's using (causing large amounts of chaos), but is nearly impossible to damage.))

((Also, I think I've put the spell to "good" use, superblast, as it's about to kill us all!))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 10, 2013, 06:10:16 pm »

Mutter something about I'm down on my luck. Give my weapon to captain average.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 10, 2013, 06:16:29 pm »

((I'd like to align with G.C and Vodka if possible.))
Head north.
Edit: Changed my mind again. Drinking that's a really bad idea.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:27:23 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 10, 2013, 06:51:02 pm »

((I personally think that Osborn should show up in MAGUS, because he's practiacally a pre-made mini-boss. A mage who has absolutly no control over the insanely powerful spells he's using (causing large amounts of chaos), but is nearly impossible to damage.))

((Also, I think I've put the spell to "good" use, superblast, as it's about to kill us all!))

Oh, believe me, he'll be in there. His weapon and attitude make him an awesome villain.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 10, 2013, 07:34:53 pm »

Shouldn't we... all focus on the death meteor? Uhh, even if it's only temporary? I-I'm ok with lasting allegiances, though...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 159