Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265795 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

Okay, now I have a question:

How many more turns until I find out what this throne room will do for me?
The turn after this one, provided everything goes well. But considering how you've got two pretty high ranking demons after you, the odds of everything going well are pretty low.

Also, the turn will be up tonight at around midnight, so stay tuned.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

...what time zone?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is ... hey, good news for me!
Sig! Onol

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I got sidetracked by Arrested Development, and then I got an awful head-cold. The turn's about half done, but I just ran out of tissues, so I'm kinda done with being awake until tomorrow morning when I can buy more. Hopefully I'll see (And by that I mean write a turn for) you all then.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel sympathy for you that you didn't get a more manageable pinky toe-cold.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I don't think those exist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

Another day of monstrous sinus headaches, another day without a turn. I'm really sorry, but being sick and hosting a large memorial day party do not go together well. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for me...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe you're jinxing yourself.

Get better soon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*bimp*
Sig! Onol

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

I'll be back on it soon; my school's software from the mid 90s decided that it would help me edit my 18-page final paper down to 14 pages by deleting everything after page 4, autosaving, and crashing, leaving me to write up the remaining ten pages over again. So I've been writing that.

I swear, Citrix (the offending software) does this to me on purpose. It's actually skynet in disguise or something.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be back on it soon; my school's software from the mid 90s decided that it would help me edit my 18-page final paper down to 14 pages by deleting everything after page 4, autosaving, and crashing, leaving me to write up the remaining ten pages over again. So I've been writing that.

I swear, Citrix (the offending software) does this to me on purpose. It's actually skynet in disguise or something.
I feel ya.
Well, not really, as it's only happened once to me, but still.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*bimp*
Wait, what?

Wow, that really sucks.
...Look on the bright side, it's not trying to kill all of humanity. I'd imagine that would delay the update even more.
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

*bimp*
Wait, what?

Wow, that really sucks.
...Look on the bright side, it's not trying to kill all of humanity. I'd imagine that would delay the update even more.
"Hey can I get an extension on my paper in order to save humanity?"
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! MAPS!
« Reply #1859 on: May 31, 2013, 01:10:29 am »

"Neat. Well then, can you analyze my bow?"

After getting the bow analyzed, follow Corsair's character in any attacks/exploration.
"Well that is interesting, so do you want to go off in search of Loot or are we waiting for something?"
Follow Raynen if applicable otherwise murder people who attempt to murder us

"Oooh, this is a fun one. You see, the arrows fired from this bow aren't any more lethal than an arrow from a normal bow, but they carry the extra effect of transforming targets into adorable super-deformed versions of themselves, which are as useless in combat as they are adorable. Even the most horrifying of monsters can be made manageable and lovable through this. I suppose it'd make them killable too, but what sort of monster would do that? It's not like you're in some sort of competition where you're rewarded for slaughtering others... Oh, wait, you are. In that case, let's get shooting!"

The two of you then head south towards the bookwyrm, which seems to have mellowed out a bit. It's lying curled up like a massive cat, and enormous black runes shaped like Zs pour forth from the book atop its neck.

find and butcher the corpse tearing off a leg and pulling out all its teeth and claws, use my bare hands if necessary.

Collect some long sticks and use the teeth and claws to make spears then continue exploring.

(I'm going to flip a coin here, to determine whether you're going to go through with this. You'll see why...)
(Tails: Screw sanity, we're going dwarven!)

You rush through the darkness towards your kill, your animal instincts taking over. The 'creature' appears to be a young girl, about fourteen or fifteen judging by her looks, and she's well and truly dead. A basket of red berries lies spilled in the snow beside her, but you pay these no notice as you begin your bloody task. You rip a jagged hunk of ice off of a nearby tree and use this to saw off the girl's left leg at the hip, before smashing her face with the butt of your rifle to knock out her teeth. They're too small to be of much use individually, but you snap off a large tree limb and breathe on one end in order to melt the ice before holding it against the teeth, allowing them to freeze onto the end to form a crude mix between a spear and a spiked club. Looking up from your new creation, you notice that a small crowd of men and women have gathered around you, their faces bearing expressions of horror, disgust, and vengeful rage. Most of the older ones carry crude iron tools, mostly hatchets and hammers. With a low growl, one of the men, a red-bearded fellow carrying a pickax, slowly advances towards you.

((Is it possible to combine loot? Because it'd be awesome if I could combine my bettle with this staff.))

Alani wishes Sam well, and dances back to the plane, making the puppet dance with her. She then proceeds to konk it over the head so it doesn't feel itself being disassembled.
VG also thanks Sam, and heads back to the plane, keeping her eyes peeled for any opportunities for loot.

The two of you thank Sam, disassemble your puppets, and head back to the plane. As Genius fires the engine up, the various puppets in the town move out of the way, forming a sort of airstrip for you. Now, what could possibly be in the east that a man with as much power as Sam needs you to deal with?

Obvious solution here

Start eating the dragon.

As you prepare to leap onto the bookwyrm's tail and take a bit, the monster gives a mighty yawn and curls up like a sleeping cat. You nibble on one of its tail-spikes, but it isn't even enough to wake the creature up, let alone harm it. However, a low growl interrupts you from your feast, and you turn around to find yourself face to face with a huge brown bear. Saliva flies from the beast's mouth as it roars at you, but the real terrifying part is the man seated upon its back. He's perhaps ten feet tall, with the head of a lion atop his powerful shoulders. A long viper in his left hand hisses angrily at you, its fangs only inches from your face. But you recognize this man from somewhere. You're not sure how, but deep down inside, you know that this being before you is Bobby. The same Bobby that worked with Sir Iron-Blood to kill Yukkuri.

Throw my sword at the Petipor.
I'll... give you one hell... of a toothache, you overgrown lizard...

Struggle, with my lightgun in knife mode. Cut Perpitor's tounge off if I'm going to die.

I assume my weapon was a roll of 4, then? How is loot categorized, only by what it is and elements, or are there other factors?
(Annie dex: last)
(ALGEM dex: 5+1)
(Nekik dex: 1+4)
(Petipor dex: 1)

(ALGEM str: 6-2)
(Petipor end: 2)

(Nekik dex: 6+4)
(Petipor dex: 1)
(Nekik str: 5+4)
(Petipor end: 1+6)

(Annie dex: 6+6-6)
(Petipor dex: 4)
(Annie str: 6+3)
(Petipor end: 2+6-3)

Thinking quickly, ALGEM switches her gun to knife-mode and slices clean through Petipor's tongue, which flops around like a wriggling eel as the monster howls in pain. Seizing the opportunity, Nekik swings his sword straight up and catches Petipor in the chin, completely severing the beast's lower jaw. The great shark is too much in pain to act, so Annie uses her final moments to hurl her knife straight down the monster's gullet. Petipor roars in anguish, the cavern literally shaking as the monster crumbles into a fine and powdery snow.

PETIPOR THE HUNGERING, A TIER 2 BOSS, HAS BEEN DEFEATED!
(Annie luk: -4-3-20)

As Annie falls unconscious, a gaping hole in reality opens up in front of her. An elegant gloved hand stretches from this, and places an ominous looking red crystal pendant upon the dying girl's neck. Annie immediately snaps awake, and her bleeding stops as her body becomes encased in red crystals. Struggling to a new pair of ruby-red feet, Annie notices crystals rapidly spreading out around her, and even a veil of crimson mist as particles in the very air around her crystallize into razor sharp dust. It's the kind of thing that someone could stare at all day, if it weren't for the ceiling of the cavern they're in being about to collapse. Might wanna do something about that...
((Just for the record, you're not bleeding to death anymore.))
ANNIE STRONGHOLD HAS BECOME A TIER ONE BOSS!
((Nothing too special there, but people get a lovely +10 to loot rolls if they murder you. Provided you don't murder them first.))

((hmm... mys book senses (meta-gaming) tell me that sir Iron Blood is trying to get me. Also, I think the ENTIRE plot might revolve round me at the moment.))

Follow bug dude. QUICKLY DAMN IT!!!!
(You're in luck... The griffon and Iron-Blood have targeted each other...)
(Blackwing dex: 5+3)
(Iron-Blood dex: 5+2)

(Blackwing dex: 2+3)
(Iron-Blood dex: 1+2)
(Blackwing str: 3+2)
(Iron-Blood end: 1)

You rush up the ramp as fast as you can, soon coming to a small exposed bridge with your bug buddy on the other end, standing outside the entrance to an opulent building that must be the throne room. As you make your way across the bridge, a pair of large serpentine heads emerge from beneath the structure, fire leaking from their mouths as a small child atop the head of the right dragon lashes the two into a frenzy with a whip made of pure fire. You ready yourself for combat, but before either of the beasts can strike, the griffon from before snatches the cherub off of his hellish steed. With an ear-splitting scream, the griffon snaps the boy's neck with its talons, and the dragons below dissolve into flame as their master is unceremoniously eaten. You hastily cross the bridge and enter the throne room before the griffon can go back for seconds, and you find your insect overlord standing above a small black book, almost identical to your old on except for in size. He gestures towards the text, which is filled with writing in plain English, and utters a single word.
"Yuirk."

Find anvil.
Place watch on anvil.
Back away.
???
PROFIT!

You place your unsettling wristwatch upon the anvil, and the infernal machine immediately gets to work hammering it into a new form. Amidst the clang of hammers and the whir of sanders, the sound of a vaguely human voice gradually arises. That is, you think it might be human. It's kind of hard to tell when it's only saying one word.
"DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE..."
The anvil grinds to a halt as a silver hand emerges from the tangles mess and grabs onto one of its tentacles, ripping the thing clean off. This arm is followed by a full-sized man made of solid silver, who splits the anvil in half with an elbow before grabbing onto the two halves, causing them to bubble violently before exploding into a shower of hot foam. Content with his work, the man looks at you and gives you the biggest smile you've seen in ages.
"Man, now that's a good way to start a day! It's been what, four or five hundred years, and there's still evil left for me to vanquish and innocents to save! Well, you ARE an innocent, right? Of course you are! That watch I was imprisoned in was designed to slaughter the unrighteous, and you freed me from it without even getting scratched! Now, allow me to introduce myself! I'm Argenbach, defender of the weak, protector of the innocent, and former leader of the Lichtretter Salvation Force. Now, if you were able to free me without being torn apart by the watch, you're bound to have a memorable name and great exploits! Care to share them with me?"

Pat the mudfrog on the head back to congratulate it. Back, to avoid getting eaten.

See if I can figure out what kind of magic the coin has. If I have no idea, or you have no mechanic for "guessing" powers
(like TIoM has) , then pick it up and prepare to duck.

The frog seems to be pretty satisfied, having just eaten and all, and you wisely refrain from placing your hand against its boiling hot backside. As for the coin, you give it an experimental flip, and it comes up heads, filling you with an overpowering sense of strength. Maybe the opposite happens if it comes up tails...

CHARGE BACK!

You charge into the room to find your friends alive and well, although slightly chilly from the massive amount of snow that seems to have filled the room. Annie's entire body seems to be covered in blood-red crystals, which move as if alive and creep across the ice like fast-growing vines. It's almost like a happy reunion, except for the roof being about to collapse.

Kordos picks up the gun. "When you say this gun can shoot through anything, do you really mean anything, even magic armor? Because I could use something like that. But first I'll have to get out of here. If you can lead me out of here I'll certainly follow you.

"Oh, sorry; where are my manners? The name's Kordos." He offers his hand.

Kordos takes the gun and introduces himself and agrees to follow Nat.

Nat laughs at your question as she grasps your hand in an almost bone-crushingly tight grip and shakes it so hard that your arm is nearly wrenched from its socket.
"Oh, I'm not joking when I say anything. It's sort of an unstoppable force, and provided we don't come across any immovable objects, then you should be just fine. And I'm not sure about getting you out of here, seeing as Bella must have brought you here, but I can bring you to her. Last I talked to her, she was in a pretty good mood, so I don't think she brought you here to do anything horrible to you. Just act polite, and you'll be fine."
You and Nat walk down the red road for what seems like hours, days, or even years, but at last you spot an enormous mansion at the end of the lane. It's easily larger than any building you've even imagined, with the garden alone being able to hold several hundred football stadiums. Oddly enough, you manage to pass this in a matter of steps, before spending an agonizing five minutes climbing up a short flight of stairs. As you begin to grow impatient, a woman clothed in an ornate dress woven from solid gold materializes behind you and taps Nat on the shoulder with a golden parasol.
"It's quite rude to bring a guest along without informing me first, Natalie. I've prepared tea for two, and this young gentleman will feel left out if I don't have something for him. Now I have to be a gracious host and give up my tea while Lance prepares more, you have to feel awful for forcing this upon me, and your companion will feel awful for being completely responsible yet completely out of the loop. And to think, had you only informed me ahead of time..."
Natalie tries her best to grin and bear the passive-aggressive verbal abuse.
"Bella, I'm-"
"Oh, and now you not only interrupt me, but go so far as to insult me by using an improper name? I'm Bellanor Buzbee the Golden, and while you are in my house, you shall refer to me as either Bellanor or Miss Buzbee. Do I make myself clear, Miss Asta? Or is it a Missus Asta now? We all know about your fling with Samuel however many years ago..."
At this, Nat's temper explodes violently.
"THERE WAS NO FLING! You out of all people should know what happened there! And here you complain about me being indecent!"
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But an event leading to the birth of an eighth Writer in a competition meant to hold seven cannot be ignored."
"WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HANDED ME OVER TO THAT MONSTER!"
"Goldygroves! Please restrain Miss Asta until she calms down. We can't allow the tea to grow cold, even to deal with such rudeness as this."
With this command, a thorny rose-vine made of solid gold lashes out at Nat and tethers her to the ground.
"Kordos... You have my permission to shoot her"
"Was that a threat, Miss Asta? Just when I thought that your manners couldn't be any more lacking. Any of the other Writers would have murdered you for that... Well, except for Samuel, but you already know what he'd do instead. But because a proper lady must be merciful, I shall merely take your sword. You can enjoy your tea, and when you are done, I'll have the blade melted down. It'll be a quick and painless death for you, much better than being gunned down by some stranger at your doorstep. Not to mention that it would prevent you from ever reviving again, saving you from future suffering and me from future rudeness."
Bellanor turns to you and offers an apologetic grin.
"No need to be rash and shoot me darling, just mind your manners and everything will be lovely. Unfortunately for Miss Asta, I've given her warnings for centuries, and there's only so much rudeness that a lady such as myself can take before taking action. If you'd like, feel free to step inside. My servant Lance shall direct you to the parlor, where I shall meet with you shortly, after I confiscate Miss Asta's blade."
Nat opens her mouth as if to say something, but the golden vine quickly coils around her head, preventing her from speaking.

How dangerous is my possibly blood-thirsty sheet of paper?
Also, is the airship I'm in actually headed somewhere, or am I just randomly flying around?
And now, an action for when you can write!
Put the paper somewhere safe without touching it, then man a weapon that seems like I can operate it.

You hop onto a simple-looking ballista loaded with an arrow carved from solid crystal as the ship passes over land once more. It seems much hotter and dryer than the land which you recently left, and  as you pass over what seems to be a vast desert of snow-white sand, a city appears in the distance. In less than a minute, the ship has arrived, and the crew lets out a collective sigh as you land on a platform made entirely out of white crystal. Men from belowdecks immediately get to work carrying cages full of exotic beasts onto the platform, as slaves of every imaginable size, shape, and color carry crates filled with beautiful black gems onboard. Several children dart around the platform as well, snatching up fallen gems, and nobody seems to mind as a man in a black vest and tophat kicks a boy with an armful of gems off of the platform. As you marvel at the sight, a man from the ship taps you on the shoulder.
"This is your first time to Chearn, isn't it? If you were off of this ship, your pockets would have been picked clean by now. We're gonna be docked here for a while, so I'm gonna be a nice guy and tell you to watch your back around here. Everyone's either a criminal, or trying to frame you for one. Your best bet is to head to the palace in the center of town. The guards are friendly to outsiders, especially traders such as ourselves, and there's supposed to be a feast there tonight to celebrate the conquest of some nearby island. It's the safest spot in town by far, and you might meet someone interesting there. There's a new ruler who's only been around for a year or so, but all of the locals, no matter how criminal, consider him to be an honest to goodness god. I don't believe in that mumbo-jumbo myself, but it'd be interesting to see how he does it, don't you think?
With that, the sailor heads off the ship and towards a massive black crystal building that must be the palace. He quickly disappears into the crowd, but not before you see three different people pick his pockets. On the center of the platform, you also spot an enormous map with a large red X drawn on it. It's kept under watch by guards, and you can see large black letters on the frame that it's in, saying "Map of Thevari".

((Man am I glad I didn't miss a turn.... for some reason my email decided not to tell me there was new post.))

Evil Lucky let's out a sigh of relief that his stupidity of not being cautious didn't cost him his love. "Boy that could've gone badly. Ok, rule number one, stay away from eltricity for your sake. Rule number two, make sure whatever we plan to torture isn't too dangerous. Anyways, let's go cook up this bird before we start exploring shall we.... wait... can you even eat, Aurwyn? I mean... I'm still not even 100% sure what you are hahaha."

Start looking around for stuff to make a fire, anything that would work really. Then start cooking up the bird. If we run into anything remotely dangerous or seemingly dangerous, hide and observe it first before I do something potentially stupid again.

"I can eat, same as you DO. I just don't have to eat very MUCH. I'm still human after all, just in a stronger BODY."
Considering how you're in an underground jungle and all, finding wood is no problem. In just a few minutes, you've roasted up the bird, and you gnaw on a drumstick while Aurwyn snaps off little pieces of the bird's bones to make a set of silverware for herself before carving off a slice of meat for herself. The meat's quite good, although you get a sort of pins and needles feeling in your tongue from the latent electricity in the bird.

VIOLA GUY AND HASTUR HAESTUR HOESTUR SPAWN!!!
(Viola luk: 5-1)

Viola's waiver becomes a large dog about the size of a German Shepard made entirely out of flames, which immediately sits down beside him and growls threateningly at Darius' mudfrog.

(Hastur luk: 6+6)
Hastur's waiver becomes a hypnotist's watch arcing with lightning. The bolts from it are powerful enough to burn his hand slightly, but he can feel his flesh repairing itself instantly the moment it is burned. The watch seems to be ticking slower than normal, but Hastur can't tell whether this is because its made him faster or slowed down time around him, so he decides that it must be a bit of both.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 159