Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265194 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Ha.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

How about we --- "I hope Looter's Delight explodes"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

I hope Looter's Delight explodes in popularity and becomes a national obsession.

++++++
FTFY
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

So, any luck as of yet?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

I hope Looter's Delight explodes in popularity and becomes a national obsession.

++++++
FTFY
Hate to break it to you but youre gonna have to write an update if you want a popularity increase :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Ha!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Bye-bye, Bookwyrm!
« Reply #2002 on: June 26, 2013, 04:56:50 pm »

Make another pass!
(Alena dex: 2-2)
(Nat dex: 4+8)

(Nat dex: 5+8)
(Alena dex: 6-2)
(Nat str: 3+7)
(Alena end: 3+1)

As Alena prepares to fire again, she hears a strange whirring sound and looks below her to find an enraged Nat spinning her sword like a helicopter blade in order to fly. With a sound like a wood-chipper, the plane and all inside are torn to shreds as Nat whirls onwards and upwards, making sure to ruin Sam's copper staffs and their holders beyond all hope of recognition.

ALENA AND GENIUS ARE DEAD!

Charge to the top of the hill to look for my friend. If i cant find y friend then run towards the people i DO see with my hands FAR above my head, while running in zig-zags.
CZA walks up and greets the man with the strange pocket-watch.

"Ayyo' God, I just dropped here. Where the hell are we?" He looked around at the new landscape.

CZA tries to greet Hastur, but before he can say anything, the man with the watch rushes into the crystal cave. However, a man who has just rushed out of the cave begins to zig-zag towards him with his hand and hand-stump far above his head, with a smile that could be interpreted as either friendly or lunatic, although leaning towards a drug-crazed version of the latter due to the red and blue smoke trailing from a pipe held in the man's teeth.

"Well. That certainly looks foreboding.

ALLONS-Y!"

Head into the cave, eyes peeled for anything else interesting. Continue spinning watch around finger.

Ignoring the friendly gangster next to you, you charge into the cave, marveling at the crimson gems which almost seem to crawl across the wall. They seem to be coming from a single jagged red crystal, but upon closer inspection the gem is revealed to be a woman made of blood-red jewels, her face seemingly frozen in a sorrowful expression.

I get a bad. BAD. feeling from this thing.

I mean, it's BUILT to crash and burn.

Welp.

Attempt to grasp plane safely, give it a nice powerful throw attempting to see what it can do.

I-I... I see, miss. That explains... I'm very sorry for you, dear. I understand that you and ALGEM were close.
(GLOSTER end: 2+2)

You attempt to pick the plane up, but drop it just as quickly as it scorches your fingers, doing no real damage but hurting like hell all the same. Perhaps picking up things that are perpetually on fire isn't the best idea...

"well, I guess it's time to figure out exactly what I can do!"

okay, return my old wing, don the black cape of strength, endurance, and awesome. Next wield the giant scimitar of heaviness, then fly with bug dude out of the castle and return the dragon to its book form (take it with me).

NEXT: try to create a copy of lilia just as she was beofore she got shot by that nuclear SMG, and in her memories replace Lucky with me. Next, try and read bug dudes memories for more details on this universes history. Last, try to make a second scimitar for Lilia (to see if I can make multiple.)

((It's funny, I'm having to do an archive dig to find these things, and I'm realizing just how far what was supposed to be a short experiment has come. It's pretty awesome.))
((Also, the book still rolls for itself, with a mighty +6 aff, so I'll just consider the rememberings to be successes))

(Osborn str: 1+1+4) For the scimitar/machete

As you focus on the book, your missing wing is instantly returned, and the black and gold cape appears on your back, filling you with magical vigor. You also recall an image of the giant bone machete, but it's still too enormously heavy for you to lift, so you decide to unsummon it as you and the bugman fly out of the castle. You revert your old book to its previous form as you land and carry it under the arm that isn't already occupied by the other book, leaving the various creatures that inhabited the creature floating in midair for a moment before either falling or flying. Paying no attention to this, you recall Lilia in all of her leggy, cannon-fused glory, and attempt to alter her memories to turn her into your minion. However, try as you might, she simply looks at you with a confused expression, before calling out for Lucky. Looks like your powers can't change the memories of people that you yourself have remembered. Still, since you remembered a version of her from before she knew you, there's no way that she could know who you are. Maybe you could make this work in your favor...

fire off a quick shot aiming at his neck joint or eyeholes, dont let him back into melee range and just keep peppering him with joint shots.

If he does manage to get back into melee hit him in the bottom of his jaw with the butt of my rifle in an attempt to dislodge his helmet.

(Rozar dex: 5+4)
(Iron Settler dex: 3+1)

(Rozar dex: 5+4)
(Iron Settler dex: 5+1)
(Iron settler end: 2+6)

(Iron Settler dex: 6+1)
(Rozar dex: 2+4)
(Iron Settler str: 4+4-1)
(Rozar end: 1+4)

You raise your rifle and take aim at the man's neck, only to realize that the armor covering his torso and head is a single piece, with no neck joint. Strangely, there aren't any eye holes either, so you instead fire at one of the man's wrist joints, causing his hand to go limp. However, he's not even phased by this, and he brings his good hand around in a great arc, cutting your right arm off at the shoulder.

try to create a copy of lilia just as she was beofore she got shot by that nuclear SMG, and in her memories replace Lucky with me.

((Stop stealing my dead lolis that you murdered... er... wait she got developed along the line somewhere so she not a loli.... but still!

Ok I don't actually mind I just wanted to say that.))

"Aurwyn! Hey you piece of metal seafood, give me back my cute sadistic cyborg!" Lucky yells out while giving chase to the octopus.

Chase after the octopus while using my watch on it. See if it has time revesal setting somewhere and reverse the octopus before it grabbed Aurwyn. If not... then just freeze it and try to free Aurwyn.
(Lucky aff: 3-1)

(Lucky dex: 5-1)
(Octo dex: 4-1) Aurwyn's pretty heavy, especially when you're a cat-sized octopus
(Lucky str: 5-1)
(Octo str: 2)

You point you watch-ring at the octopus, but it doesn't have any noticeable effect on the creature as it crawls towards its den, forcing you to solve things the old-fashioned way. You catch up to the octopus without much trouble, and easily tear Aurwyn from its grasp, causing her to snap awake instantly as the cephalopod scurries back into its hill.
"LUCKY? What just HAPPENED? I remember being grabbed by something, but everything after that is BLANK. But I think that this might have happened to me before, SOMEWHE-"
Aurwyn's voice is drowned out as the hill that the octopus crawled into explodes violently, leaving a gaping hole in the ground, which expands rapidly as the edges crumble apart and fall into the blackness below. You can't hear much of what Aurwyn's saying over the rumbling, but the accentuated last words of her sentences still stand out enough to be noticed.
"RUN!"

"Hmmm. Seems... Interesting, I presume."
Hang around, maybe grab a bite to eat, wander through palace, try to stay out of trouble.

You grab a drumstick from some sort of roast fowl garnished with herbs and take a bite. Strangely, although it looks like it should be delicious, it's entirely devoid of taste and texture, crumbling apart in your mouth like ash and causing you to gag. One of the crystal guardsmen notices this and laughs a bit before slapping you in the back, causing a black lump of... something... to fly from your throat. Looking about again, you notice that nobody is actually eating, or even sitting down for that matter. They're all just milling about, occasionally glancing at the man on the podium as if expecting him to say something, but he remains quiet, even as guards and crew-members alike begin to grow restless.

YOU WILL MAKE A NICE MIDBREAKFAST SNACK, BUG
Shoot the bug in the face, IN THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Then go into the dragon or something.
Watch impassively. Don't get hit.
(Argenbach dex: 2-2)
(Craig dex: 2+5)
(Reaver dex: 3+3)

(Craig dex: 1+5)
(Reaver dex: 6+3)

(Reaver dex: 5+3)
(Argenbach dex: 3-2)
(Reaver str: 6+3)
(Argenbach end: 1+2)

The two of you fall about a mile straight down as the entire bookwyrm just vanishes, the book that was its head shrinking down to about five feet across and floating off somewhere. Fortunately, you seem to fall rather slowly, and manage to land lightly on your feet, along with Argenbach, who is screaming insults at the sky at the top of his lungs in order to keep the attention of the insect man. As the creature slowly descends, Craig fires a shot at it, but the monster puts on a sudden burst of speed and dive-bombs Argenbach, splitting the silver soldier neatly in half with its poleaxe before landing and turning to face Craig.

Try to fly out of the temple.

Also, I'd love to see this become a novel or a video game or something.
(Viola aff: 5+5)

You exit the temple, although it's not so much flying as it is being gently lifted by an invisible hand made of wind. Still, it gets the job done, and you float comfortably about ten meters in the air, looking out across the landscape. Stormclouds seem to be gathering above you, and soon a torrential downpour begins, but only in a 50 foot radius of you. Still, it's pretty damn impressive looking.

Nice to meet you. I am Zonix the Red, your master if you should except me. I just started a war that will no doubtingly cause numerous deaths of those poor men charging straight at the gargantuan dragon over there. If you could tell me what you do, you seem to be a medic of sorts but you tell me, I can put you to work ASAP. By the way, your name is Tennant.
Look at next card while I await his answer.

The man gestures to his face, which lacks a mouth, before pulling out a kit of surgeon's tools and pointing at one of the soldiers, before making a few snipping motions and then pointing back to himself. You're not entirely sure what he's trying to say, but you look at your next card, which is of a raven gripping a saber in one of its talons.

Go up to a soldier guy.

"Hey, I need this. Thanks."

Take his gun. Start running away as fast as I can, shooting wildly over my shoulder if shot at.

You grab a large rifle from the nearest soldier and sprint away, but he doesn't seem to notice you at all as he marches towards the dragon. That is, he marches towards where the dragon used to be. The beast seems to have completely vanished, which you find extremely odd, seeing as how it was a couple of miles long.

Continue following murder those who attempt to murder us

Raynen doesn't go anywhere, so you follow him by standing still.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 26, 2013, 05:02:20 pm »

You went and did it. Good for you.

Hold his two halves together to see if they fuse back together. If not, run off after stealing something powerful.
Sig! Onol

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 26, 2013, 05:04:37 pm »

((0_0...Wow. Dex. Yeah. OP. Quite.))

NAME: Alex Strato
Looks: Alex is the oldest of the Strato Siblings, and the only boy. He wears an orange robe with a hood, and has a thick pair of glasses. He wears sneakers, unlike his sisters, and prefers purely elemental magic over dark or life magic like his sisters. He usually has a book tied to his waist at all times, just in case.
Stats:
Strength: --
Endurance: -
Dexterity: +
Affinity: +++
Luck: +++
Badassery: ----
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 26, 2013, 05:05:11 pm »

((0_0...Wow. Dex. Yeah. OP. Quite.))

NAME: Alex Strato
Looks: Alex is the oldest of the Strato Siblings, and the only boy. He wears an orange robe with a hood, and has a thick pair of glasses. He wears sneakers, unlike his sisters, and prefers purely elemental magic over dark or life magic like his sisters. He usually has a book tied to his waist at all times, just in case.
Stats:
Strength: --
Endurance: -
Dexterity: +
Affinity: +++
Luck: +++
Badassery: ----
Hence why my +6 DEX modifier makes me invincible.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: June 26, 2013, 05:06:58 pm »

"...This is...odd."

Walk towards the place where the dragon was. Quickly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 26, 2013, 05:13:30 pm »

Dismember the bug man's arm somehow with my pistol BECAUSE I SAID SO

Actually just shoot him in the face again.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 26, 2013, 05:53:17 pm »

"Well, now that's a new one."

Tap the crystal.

Nothing can go wrong with this.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 26, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

well fuck, shoot the iron seller in the leg joint and run, once sufficiently far away break open a few bullets and pour the gunpowder onto my arm stump, ignite said powder by removing the lead slug from a single round and firing it with the barrel placed against my shoulder facing across the wound.

If he appears again after first aid has been administered shoot him in his other wrist or elbow.

((You had to make him unkillable didnt you?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 159