Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400454 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 06:58:13 pm »

Edited my application. Any questions?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 07:03:26 pm »

Application is fine so far, interesting concept...

Overall quality of you guys as improved that is very good. Anyway...i'll propably wait one or two days till we got a bunch of apps together, then ill tell you whos in.

We especially need an Overgod...And don't forget we start in an empty Universe so the Younger Gods have to wait 2 or 3 turns till they wink into existance...

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 07:12:47 pm »

I guess I'll be the Overgod then.
Name: Mutare
Appearance: An Ever-changing mass of eyes, tentacles and claws.
Description: From the formless void, Mutare was born. It is a being of strange and nearly unknowable machinations; But while it may seem to at times be a completely random being (though it usually is) it can sometimes be quite kind and helping to it's accidentscreations. Then again, it can just as often be cruel and destructive; ...so maybe it is completely random, no one feels like asking and they generally think an answer will just be more confusing.
Avatar's usual Appearance: A bleach white skinned humanoid with hollow eyes, no mouth, but a gentlemanly handlebar mustache. Usually carries a monocle and a pipe.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:33:25 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »

Overgod

Name: Onossus
Appearance: Ever changing shape of light and darkness
Description: Maybe, born before the void itself or by some mishap from a higher being. It represents the every changing current that this universe will become.
usual Avatar Appearance:http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090524190126/en.futurama/images/2/22/Godentity.jpg

Whoops, just realize jbg posted before me. If you don't choose me to be an Overgod I'll be an Eldergod.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:10:17 pm by jaass »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 08:01:12 pm »

So my guy is good?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »

So far yes, now i want to give a fair and even chance to everybody so i wait for the next day or two days. Then ill decide who'll be in and who not...

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »

Elder God

Name: Avarian
Elemental Concept: Cold
Appearance: A cloud of condensed air.
Description: Avarian is a very laid back god who generally minds his (At least he prefers to be known as a male) own business. He will only interfere in the lower gods affairs if he notices something going horribly wrong or someone trying to wipe out the whole idea of "Cold". When angered, he will usually cool down very quickly and try to solve everything peacefully.

((Do Elder gods have to have a description of followers?))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:43:00 pm by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 09:39:45 pm »

Name: Frea
Elemental Concept: Fire
Appearance: A burning star, appears to mortals as a giant, flaming eagle.
Description: Ugh, my creative juices are shot. I'll come up with one later.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 09:49:03 pm »

I see that we have only one Elder God...

Name: Neyravah
Concept: Life
Appearance: A mighty lizardlike creature, with two wings of bone and skin and vines sprouting from all along its surface. It has two heads on long necks, named Neyra and Ravah.
Description: Neyrava is a fairly kind deity, a rival of his sibling Avarian. He wants to increase the power of his mortal holdings, as well as his own power. Time will tell if this is a force of creation or destruction...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 10:24:03 pm »

Appearance: A mighty lizardlike creature, with two wings of bone and skin and vines sprouting from all along its surface. It has two heads on long necks, named Neyra and Ravah.
Description: Neyrava is a fairly kind deity, a rival of his sibling Avarian. He wants to increase the power of his mortal holdings, as well as his own power. Time will tell if this is a force of creation or destruction...
Bah, who needs established religions?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 10:32:25 pm »

Luke, I AM YOUR FATHER.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 10:38:53 pm »

Gods. They're about all who consistently benefit from them.

Luke, I AM YOUR FATHER.
NOOOOOO!!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:40 pm »

Younger or Elder God

Name: Kar'lan
Concept: Death (If more than one sphere is allowed, add: Stealth, and the Etheral)
Appearance: An etheral entity that has its shape defined by who is seeing it (looks like a dragon to a dragon and a dwarf to a dwarf, even if both are seeing it at the same time.)
Description: Kar'lan is the ender of lives.  He is necessary to prevent the overpopulation of the world.  The lives he ends are judged, and depending upon the manner they died (willing or unwilling if old age, in battle, defending others, slain by zombies, etc.) he will either send them back to their planet (with a higher status of birth), or give them to the mercy of the other dieties (another diety claiming the soul and the newly-deceased giving its consent overrides both of these).  Despite how negative he seems, he does not fill those he ends with fear, rather he removes the fear giving them a peaceful death, unless they are being sent to other deities for mercy, that is, then the situation is reversed.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:46:36 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 10:58:00 pm »

Elder God

Name: Kar'lan
Concept: Heroism/Honor
Appearance: An etheral entity that has its shape defined by who is seeing it (looks like a dragon to a dragon and a dwarf to a dwarf, even if both are seeing it at the same time.)
Description: Kar'lan is the inspiration of heroic deads by mortal and immortal beings created by dieties.  Those who harm the unwilling to fight are his enemies and those who defend others are protected by him.  Despite this, he is not a natural enemy of death, due to death being inevitable to all warriors.  He primarily does not create, but infuses other creations with his concepts.  When he does, the results are unique.
Oh no, there's a potential guy who will want to kill me.

Gods. They're about all who consistently benefit from them.
Let's go cults! But in all seriousness, my character probably not going to go for establishing a religion and getting into conflict with the Younger Gods.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 11:04:10 pm »

My guy is going to make a weird hybrid of cult and organized religion. Sorta halfway between the two.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 379