Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 401792 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3480 on: March 04, 2013, 06:11:21 pm »

The overgod also plays as his dream avatar while he's sleeping.  Basically like an ascendant level of strength guy.

Azthor, why would you be a younger god now?  I feel like I miss a lot of details.

GWG, even if the spire is wrecked we might be able to invest our combined minor acts in it to get it working for at least two turns.
It says the dream avatar has only 1 minor act per turn, but the Overgod used 3 Mighty Acts after a turn in which he used 3 other Mighty Acts. So he can't be asleep right now, but he should.

Read my post, I've already told you that was another Overgod. The current Overgod only appeared -this-turn. The last one died. And in case you are wondering, not every mini-update of Ghaz is a turn. it is only a turn when it is announced so in the update.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: March 04, 2013, 06:12:35 pm »

Hmm maybe boost the spire for two turns so that it takes acts before the elder gods can?  Anyway a prison capable of doing that much damage probably isn't a good thing.

The overgods die so often, that I almost don't pay attention to what's going on there anymore.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: March 04, 2013, 06:18:00 pm »

Hmm maybe boost the spire for two turns so that it takes acts before the elder gods can?  Anyway a prison capable of doing that much damage probably isn't a good thing.

The overgods die so often, that I almost don't pay attention to what's going on there anymore.

On that regard:
- It'd take more than two minor acts.
- The Elder Gods would no doubt take offense to that.
- I do intend to keep my spire for myself as it was prior to my imprisonment at the start of this very same turn.

Edit: It is also a rather bad idea to ascend under the complete lack of Pantheons. That'd just make you into targets, as you then become worth 1 Mighty Act to your slayer, without any measure of protection to counter-act that.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:20:31 pm by Azthor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: March 04, 2013, 06:20:22 pm »

Err, EC, I don't think allowing Aur-Sha through the barrier will cost any acts.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: March 04, 2013, 06:23:44 pm »

Haha, I saw that post before you modified it.  Yes it's true, I haven't actually read up anything about the creation of the spire OOC not that it matters.  IC I've only heard about it from GWG's character and he's the one going to investigate it anyway.
Edit: Perusing through old posts, I couldn't help but notice the world hammer can only be used by those with giant's blood.
Ahh, so you made the tower huh?  So do you have a problem with me using it to ascend?  I only want to use it once.
It is inactive. You will have to find another way to ascend, I am afraid.
Dang nabit. When did that happen?

@GWG: Taerai is Taricus', not Tiruin's. Tiruin is another Bay12er.
Dang nabit. When did--wait, that doesn't make sense in this context.

Hmm, I really don't want to kill anyone to ascend but I'm starting to feel desperate.
I feel the same...but I have an idea.
Probably not a good one, though.
And...
GWG, even if the spire is wrecked we might be able to invest our combined minor acts in it to get it working for at least two turns.
This is probably a better idea.

On that regard:
- It'd take more than two minor acts.
Don't we get a mA per turn? Think of intervals...Would a normal act be PA or just A?

- The Elder Gods would no doubt take offense to that.
We'll see about that...

- I do intend to keep my spire for myself as it was prior to my imprisonment at the start of this very same turn.
You'll have two Ascendants to deal with, both divineblooded, one immune to most damage, and one a freaking mountain-sized dragon. Udil was able to kill an Elder God with just a magic sword and sheer persistence. and luck

Edit: It is also a rather bad idea to ascend under the complete lack of Pantheons. That'd just make you into targets, as you then become worth 1 Mighty Act to your slayer, without any measure of protection to counter-act that.
We'd have each other. And that's a lot...we'll give it a shot! Woah, we're halfway there!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: March 04, 2013, 06:26:03 pm »

You people really need to read the intro and major updates. You took Ascendants without even reading the entry? You start with 1 minor act, make or break it, that is all you get for free; if you want more acts, you need to find a source.

And GWG, I think we are not playing the same game. Do you notice which character you just threatened?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:27:43 pm by Azthor »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: March 04, 2013, 06:31:07 pm »

You forgot his fangs GW.

Weapons made from Seaspawn fangs can hurt even Shades and Nelkathar.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: March 04, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

Well this conversation is probably best reserved for IC but I only want to use the spire for two turns so GWG and I can ascend.  After that, I would have no problem leaving it alone.  The elder gods might be a little ticked off but like I said, it's only for two turns and out of all the characters around, I'd say mine is probably one of the least offensive or hostile.  I'd be happy to talk it over nicely with anyone IC as well but I do have to ascend one way or another and thus far no one has seemed very inclined to help me despite my asking nicely.  Also we are going to form a pantheon to help protect us from being killed.  After all being killed seems to be a big problem in this universe regardless of whether or not you do something to deserve it...
Sure thing peanut man!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: March 04, 2013, 06:40:21 pm »

If your only goal as an Ascendant was playing as a Younger God, rather than paving your way to Ascension, you should have applied as a Younger God. Ascendants are about !!FUN!! and struggle. It is even written as much in the entry for Ascendants in Ghaz's first post.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: March 04, 2013, 06:41:23 pm »

You people really need to read the intro and major updates. You took Ascendants without even reading the entry? You start with 1 minor act, make or break it, that is all you get for free; if you want more acts, you need to find a source.
Oops.

And GWG, I think we are not playing the same game. Do you notice which character you just threatened?
The guy who just angered the...sleeping...crap.

You forgot his fangs GW.
Good thing gods don't have seaspawn fangs, right?
Anyways, even those take a while to hurt a motile, intelligent, dragon-shaped mountain...

Oh, and Iamanelfcollaborator: This is a good time to intervene in our conversation. Gods, especially Knowledge Gods, probably know when they're being talked about, or being ignored/forgotten, and if not...you're the God of Knowledge!
Do you want a new pantheon?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: March 04, 2013, 06:49:10 pm »

Oops.

The guy who just angered the...sleeping...carp.

You forgot his fangs GW.
Good thing gods don't have seaspawn fangs, right?
Anyways, even those take a while to hurt a motile, intelligent, dragon-shaped mountain...

Oh, and Iamanelfcollaborator: This is a good time to intervene in our conversation. Gods, especially Knowledge Gods, probably know when they're being talked about, or being ignored/forgotten, and if not...you're the God of Knowledge!
Do you want a new pantheon?

Fixed.

Now I wonder...what would Seaspawn fangs do to a god?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: March 04, 2013, 06:54:49 pm »

To solve some riddles here:

A) Azthor is the incredibly Mighty 21 Act or even more (i need to look that up again) guy who was just released from prison and will propably weed out the herd a bit.

B) the Spire is active. Since an Mighty Act has been invested in it it works regardlessly and syphons one Mighty Act of the Three the Overgod gets. So 1 Goes to the SPire and 2 to Eldergods. Remember Older Elder Gods come first then the younger ones. That means get in fast and either take out some other Elders, hunt for  younger Gods and Ascendants and anything that looks juicy powerfilled or get worshippers. Apart from that there are other opportunities for acts btu those you have to find yourselves.

@ the two Ascendants: you need to hold the Spire till the end of the turn to get something out of it...and it can only be claimed by one being. Meaning you either have to kill or imprison the owner to get a grab at it. Or hope that the one who owns the thing is nice enough to hand out free acts...which i doubt.

For those Newcomers who feel this whole thing a bit overhelming. This is intended. SInce there are so many applications and some players seem to lose interest after waiting for weeks on end for a spot i decided to up the pace. THis comes however at a price. Higher Death Quotas among the players to bring the levels back to ten players. When you die you will wait for a long time till you get another spot right now. Namely so long till only 10 players are left. From there on we activate the old principle. However over the next 2 or 3 turns new gods will constantly flood in till i run out of apps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:00:58 am by Ghazkull »

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: March 04, 2013, 06:57:55 pm »

So that means I don't get any more acts until someone destroys the spire or kills another Elder God, and until then I'm stuck unable to do anything?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: March 04, 2013, 07:02:10 pm »

To solve some riddles here:

A Azthor is the incredibly Mighty 21 or even more (i need to look that up again) guy who was just released from prison and will propably weed out the herd a bit.

GGWP.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: March 04, 2013, 07:06:44 pm »

If your only goal as an Ascendant was playing as a Younger God, rather than paving your way to Ascension, you should have applied as a Younger God. Ascendants are about !!FUN!! and struggle. It is even written as much in the entry for Ascendants in Ghaz's first post.
I do enjoy the struggle of achieving godhood but I also consider it a self imposed challenge to ascend as soon as possible from an OOC perspective.  IC, Traurig wants to ascend quickly because he has seen too many of his species die, be enslaved or other nasty stuff.  Thus he is afraid of suffering the same fate and he sees godhood as a way of becoming less vulnerable.  Look, would it really be that bad to lend out the spire for just two turns?  I'm trying to ascend without bloodshed, isn't that a nice goal?  After that, I literally would just go off and mind my own business.  Oh and wouldn't having a god of evolution make the world more interesting?

Actually after typing that I just realized how many acts you have.  Pretty please ascend GWG and me!  You'll get a super cool evolution god best buddy!
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 379