Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400576 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #4035 on: March 07, 2013, 05:03:34 pm »

*blinks* um. Forsaken? *honestly has no idea, hasn't been here for a while and he's kind of what I think of when I think of eldritch creatures from beyond the stars*
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: March 07, 2013, 05:03:42 pm »

...well shit.

I have a WMG for Un'Girlan now!
WMG: Un'Girlan is either Az-Sho as a zombie or related to him.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: March 07, 2013, 05:05:13 pm »

Does the Corvid moon have water?

Wait...we can't call it a moon anymore can we...the Corvid rogue planet?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: March 07, 2013, 05:05:43 pm »

The Corvid Planetoid?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: March 07, 2013, 05:06:53 pm »

Does the Corvid moon have water?

Wait...we can't call it a moon anymore can we...the Corvid rogue planet?
It has everything needed for survival. It's essentially mini-Despair, only before any godly interference happened.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: March 07, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »

The Outcast/Reject Moon.

That's my name for it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: March 07, 2013, 05:15:35 pm »

Revive the Shades? They have a knack for knowledge! It's in my personal description, somewhere!(search Living Shades)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: March 07, 2013, 05:19:45 pm »

oh and apologies for being picky but Ghaz: Will the Wildkin get a bestiary entry?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: March 07, 2013, 05:29:40 pm »

They are basicalyl nothing else than normal Skretitr so nope not really

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: March 07, 2013, 05:35:44 pm »

I wonder if having power over nature and life means I won't die from old age.  Either way, no starving followers!  Haha and to think I was starting to worry about them all dying!

Edit:  Polypian seeing as how sjm just gave me the nature powers, I wouldn't mind you giving me mind control powers or telepathy.  Both cool seaspawn powers.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:37:45 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: March 07, 2013, 05:37:57 pm »

I wonder if having power over nature and life means I won't die from old age.  Either way, no starving followers!  Haha and to think I was starting to worry about them all dying!
And then some horrible planet destroying disaster comes through...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: March 07, 2013, 05:38:21 pm »

Time for a new map, I believe. Will update when I have time.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: March 07, 2013, 05:40:22 pm »

Doesn't matter if this planet goes to hell, I can just go to Corvus's planet.  Only reason I'm not going yet is because I want to unite the seaspawn first and uniting people is much easier when your the only thing standing between them and starvation.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: March 07, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »

In answer to who is Un'girla is ...
Who is the other cosmic abomination on these forums?

MaximumZero's fists?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: March 07, 2013, 05:49:19 pm »

Dear Ghazkull, the proposed mechanism to let dwarves survive (ie, overfishing) is faulty. Fish wouldn't survive in a darkness so deep it kills off crops. See, pretty much all fish depend ultimately on various types of phytoplantkon, which, due in part to the short life cycles which let them support such a high ratio of animals to plants, are very susceptible to lack of sunlight. Due to their size and lack of large structures like roots, stems, or leaves, dead phytoplankton don't leave as much stuff behind for herbivores to eat when dead, unlike (say) grass, which doesn't lose so much of its nutrient value for the herbivore when a field dies. The fish which don't rely on phytoplankton rely on other kinds of plants, like kelp or zooxanthelle. Therefore, fish won't be doing so well in case of an ashstorm which completely blocks out the sun for weeks or months...or, really, any worldwide event which causes death of crops.
TL;DR: Dwarves--or anyone--fishing their way through the apocalypse doesn't work if farming has failed, or perhaps even if it hasn't.

Oh, and the dying marine life, which was noted once the survival of everyone wasn't at stake? It's really bad. If all marine life goes extinct, that leads to a mass extinction on land as well, leading to life being reduced to insects and the like in essentially the best-case scenario. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND MAKE NEYRAVAH PROUD.

This has been a Public Service Announcement from Someone Who Is Proving He Deserved To Play A God Of Life

Oh, and that Living Forest...would that be from when Neyravah died? If so, SWEET.

Volondor within Udil listened to those words and realized what the plan was.
"They may starve and die, they might be miserable and hurt, but their souls are ours to COMMAND, and they will OBEY"
Um...Isn't Volondor the application of another player and therefore not under your control?

Most likely, Corvus would bring back Neyravah as a test to see if it is possible.
Why, thank you!

Well, if anyone deserves to be brought back into the game purely to reverse their previous trend of bad luck, it's GWG.
Because seriously, that's the most unfortunate character I've seen since Tales of Unfortunate Events.
Which one, "Everything Turns Out As Badly As Possible" Neyravah or "Died From Interface-Induced Jenkinsism" Nelkathar?

Unrelated, but do any of you remember the Old Spice Guy commercials with Isaiah Mustafa? Avatar of the Overgod. Only explanation.
Which one? We're on our fourth.

Neyravah was the first godly being to die right?
If you discount people like those giants, whoever Thaneos made the Godhammer thing for, Mutare

How do you pronounce their collective name anyway?
nay-RAH-vah

Just noticed that there is a god eating abomination that only ascendants can harm... and only two ascendants?  Funny how that works out.
And right after the Ascendant with the most raw power of any Ascendant ever, due to being rocky and mountain-sized and such, died? Meaning new Ascendants need to pick up some power, possibly making them lose whatever it is letting them hurt the abomination? Oh, and let's not forget that the other Ascendant with a snowball's chance in Az-Sho's garden of beating him without extensive divine aid is a Seaspawn, which is actually part-god...

I feel minorly sorry for whoever's playing the godeater. unless it was their idea. and unless it's jbg.
Probably an NPC.

In answer to who is Un'girla is ...
Who is the other cosmic abomination on these forums?
...Or this guy.

Seriously why do people keep trying to kill or eat my allies?
Because you're just an Ascendant and are therefore easy prey?

Finally, who's considered the possibility of things emerging from the Void which hunt things like Un'girlan? And, if not, I suggest you do so and also consider if such a monster would be good or bad...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 379