Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 401725 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #4515 on: March 12, 2013, 01:47:24 pm »

No.  Don't melt the snow!!!!! The North must not be harmed!
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: March 12, 2013, 01:51:04 pm »

To those people i can only apologize. Anyway from now on all battles will be done arbitrarily with Gm-Fiat and Handwavium and my own capriciousness. Input from your side about several effects in game events may have are as always welcome, especially ebbors insights have been useful for me. However the game will be from now on run the old way that means its not necessarily fair, but what in hell is fair in life?  ;)
I'm usefull. Yay.

Speaking of which, I hope the eternal fire is cold fire. Or at least cold hot fire. As long as it doesn't transmit it's heat to the surroundings everything should be fine. Otherwise, we might have a small problem.
the planet is freezing.
Two Hells on the planet might as well be a Godsend(pun intended)

The meteorological consequences of that might be very interesting. You'd get a gigantic eternal low pressure environement above the fire, with an eternal storm, and windgales blowing towards it. The cold continent would likely get a less eternal, but still quite strong High pressure environement, which means that it'll have clear skies (barring the ash). No rain, no snow, nothing. Between them you'd likely get terribad storms.

But I can't say more without a map. Maybe I'll try some pseudoweather prediction on that map that was posted earlier.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: March 12, 2013, 01:52:05 pm »

Well Ardas, you jsut tried to get gods to bend to your will. good luck with that
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: March 12, 2013, 01:54:35 pm »

I never stated that she left the moon, how did she get harmed by the equivalent of nuking him from orbit?

Edit: Also, you likely have no idea how much I enjoyed writing that post XD
Game mechanics taking presedence over strictly following orders, I suppose.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: March 12, 2013, 01:54:52 pm »

So, everyone alright with forming a Circle of the Gods to prevent future events WITHOUT having one of us as ruler? *eyeroll*

At least, not one that arbitrarily decrees himself such. If it's a mutual decision, that's another matter, though Fate would still leave any that includes a ruling position.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: March 12, 2013, 01:56:19 pm »

And of course Corvus expected this. It's still Udil, just with bipolar!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: March 12, 2013, 01:57:18 pm »

Maybe I messed up my wording, but I don't want any direct control over anyone, but merely for everyone to be worshiped in one pantheon for bonus points drawn form such a big religion as worshipped by all mortals. Its more of a council thing, with Udil as head of the council.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: March 12, 2013, 01:58:32 pm »

So he ISN'T controlling everything?

Oh my god. This isn't bipolar, it's outright personality takeover! :P

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: March 12, 2013, 01:59:23 pm »

Yeah, yeah, keep your paranoia up. I want ot see the results once the mortals on the planet prosper while you live in self-imposed fear in your tower.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: March 12, 2013, 02:00:39 pm »

Ardas: anything that has any sort of ruling body that stands above the others is close enough to servitude for Fate to say no out of principle. The Unknown doesn't take orders, or even strong suggestions.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: March 12, 2013, 02:01:58 pm »

You DO realize that I ALREADY helped said mortals?

I granted them Agriculture and Smithing....and I'm returning life to Despair (the fire giants). Also, reviving a visionary who tried to help mortals. And are you forgetting that there are STILL mortals in Ravenas? As much as you like to remind me that Corvus never helped Despair mortals, he did. He's just concentrating on his moon and his people more, because they still mortals and his children, essentially.

It's less paranoia and more "everyone's been a dick to me, so frankly, why should they even ask for my help?".

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: March 12, 2013, 02:02:50 pm »

Maybe I messed up my wording, but I don't want any direct control over anyone, but merely for everyone to be worshiped in one pantheon for bonus points drawn form such a big religion as worshipped by all mortals. Its more of a council thing, with Udil as head of the council.
But the creation of an common union with a leader of state will result in internal power struggles, as well as the union picking on the weaklings in it's own ranks as well as others. (Example: Unilateral world with Americe after the fall of the Soviet Union )

In order to get true peace you'd need to create either a bunch of seperate pantheons which are kept in balance by force (MAD*), or just unify all the gods. Gods in a pantheon fighting against each other works, but a single God fighting himself is a bit stranger. Still possible, of course. Or you could just seperate the power gain from believers anyway.

*Need I to say this is a bad idea

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: March 12, 2013, 02:05:28 pm »

While we're talking about MAD - I can't believe I'm still the only god with a WMD. Get to it! Fill the skies with Death Star planets!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: March 12, 2013, 02:05:59 pm »

Say Ghaz, would I be able to disassemble those now useless weapons of mine for the Mighty Acts I made them out of?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: March 12, 2013, 02:06:55 pm »

Its only a friendly offer and i don't deny any of you your freedoms, but its merely in the context of mortal perception on how the pantheons were set up. I don't think you noticed but those that were in Thaneos' pantheon received more acts than those who were considered antagonists of the pantheon?

Besides, I can't really enforce anything or will not try to. You will be included in one form or another, but your place in the pantheon and reaped worship from it will be dependent on your positioning in it. So Udil-Volondor's direct councilors will get more than allies, who will get more than antagonists. I'm literally sharing my worshipers with you.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 379