Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 84244 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #360 on: March 03, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »

"I'm not sure. I've only heard rumors, but it could. It's supposed to tap into some Power which created the universe..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 03, 2013, 04:31:38 pm »

The Fifth Continent

5 against sixty thousand.

4 of them towring about the flood of enemies. Gigantical in size. And yet the numbers seem insurmountable.

The fifth of them seeing his own end approaching.

and Then the towering snake, even larger than Thaneos himself. Silence for a moment. Then screams as the enemies charge at each other. The World Hammer crushes down and where it hits a thousand die and yet more and more are coming on, in mad fervor, in desperate panic, trying to take down the gods that would kill them. Az -Sho breaks at that moment through teh earth, latching onto Thaneos shoulder starting to squeeze. The giant tumbles. Meanwhile thousands of Smoulderborn charge onto the Colossi, their Jötnite Swords cutting in their golden flesh, but it is like ant bites to them. Swords crush down, cutting apart dozens at once. On the ground Udil faces the Emberguards, fighting like a madman, he cuts through them, fighting in wild panic.
Aurik himself meanwhile throws massive balls of glowing magma at one of the colossi melting its head and bringing it to fall crushing dozens of Ashborn beneath it. Thaneos bleeding from his shoulder somehow manages a weak swing at the massive Snake. But it is enough crushing into its essence a whole chunk of its flesh goes missing, causing Az-Sho to spew ashes into the air in pain.

Meanwhile hordes of Smoulderborn are scaling the bronze colossi under incredible losses, trampled, thrown off and hit with fists dozens die crushed beneath the massive giants. Udil finds himself bleeding from a dozen wounds, his mighty armour no able to hold back so many blades and the burning heat surrounding him. Another Bronze Colossus tumbles, then falls over crushing into a group of Emberguard in front of the Dwarf. Seizing the opportunity Udil climbs the dead Colossus fighting of Emberguards trying to reach him. Meanwhile Thaneos is doused in burning fires from Az-Sho, which in turn is hit by a mighty swing of the Hammer. The massive Snake crushes to the ground unconscious. Thaneos gathers himself to end the other God, when fireballs burn through his armour. Aurik like a blade of grass standing below the giant, a picture almost laughable as he faces the masive Giant. Turning around Thaneos gathers for a mighty swing and as the hammer crushes down the unbelievable happens. Flames meet it and for a moment the hammer is kept in the air, even pushed back a bit. However ever so slow they get weaker and slowly the hammer nears inevitably down on Aurik. A screech as Az-Sho throws itself again at the giant, with a crushed jaw magma spewing from it like blood it hits the Armor of the God Giant. A glow from it and the snake suddenly is covered in blinding light. Another screech and the Snake again crushes to the ground. Unmoving. Fireballs burn the face of Thaneos, reducing his few facial features to nothingness. The Hammer this time is swung in pure hatred hitting aurik and sending him flying , the Flameborn finally hits a giant and tumbles a few hudnred feet to the ground. He too unmoving. In that moment hundreds of Soultaken melt the last of the Colossi sending it too tumbling clutching at the melted mass that was its head. A lightning from Thaneos hammer annihilates most of them.

Below on theg round several dozen flameborn assemble around the Fallen Aurik, gathering their powers, their very spark of life and give it to Aurik. The Flameborn starts to float in the air, glowing in fiery inferno. Then the other flameborn start to cut their arms offering their Blood. Aurik starts to grow. A firestorm erupts from him engulfing the entire battlefield sending Thaneos flying and burning the body of Udil. as the storm recedes, Aurik Flameborn High Priest of Az-Sho has reached a size similiar to Thaneos. Almost as an afterthought its waving hand connects with the tumbling Colossus. Clouds of Gaseous Gold rise to the Heavens only to rain down in molten form.

"Foolish Giant! From the Pain and the Ashes of My God i arise. I am the Avatar of his Wrath, i will wreak vengeance upon you."

With that Aurik throws himself at the weakened Thaneos, melting fists connecting with  the giants armour melting it in places. The World Hammer takes out a good chunk of the massive Avatar, forcing it back a few steps. Thaneos in his endless fury charges at Aurik, hit after hit forcing him back further and further and finally sending him too sprawling. The moment however the World Hammer connects with Auriks Head Az-Sho throws himself one last time at Thaneos sending him too sprawling on the fiery body below him. As all three crush together on a heap, Silence fills the Battlefield. Thaneos was dead. As was Az-Sho and Aurik. Udils burned body still stood. The Dwarf mad from the heat that had burned away his beard, had made his very skin blister and the armor on his body melt and finally graft itself to it. Incomprehensive the Dwarf stood on a heap of Emberguard around him thousands of Az-Shos followers staring as dumbstruck. Suddenly a flash blinded all on the battlefield.

The Explosion could be seen by the Mirrorborn. The Crowborn and the Dwarves Volondor rescued. An explosion which shockwave went around the planet, causing everything on the Fifth Continent to burn and carrying ashes and hot air to the rest of the planet. Trillions of tons of Ashes were spewn into the Atmosphere, darkening the Planet and obscuring the view from Orbit.

On the Fifth however not all was dead. Though it was a smouldering melted wasteland, the earht cracked open and releasing gouts of scalding air and lava, a few beings survived. Where Thaneos, Aurik and Az-sho had fallen several hundred giants of pure magma stood, confused dazzled and filled with both the memories of Az-Sho and Thaneos. Suddenly a Beam of light cut through the ashes and cast light onto a heap of corpses. On it Udil. Almost gently the Dwarf was lifted into the air and revived.

Udil Dragonslayer had ascended to godhood. His skin blistering red and hot, he would forever feel the constant pain of being burned alive. The God of Wrath was born.

Az-Sho the Fiery Snake has died!
Thaneos, Father of Giants has died!
Aurik Flameborn has died!

Udil has died and ascended

Udil ascends to the position of God of Wrath. He is in eternal pain.
the Smoulderborn are extinct.
the Ashborn are extinct.
the Soultaken are extinct.
the Flameborn are extinct.
the Fifth Continent is a Burning Wasteland.
the Eldtun (Firegiants) are created from the Death of Thaneos,Aurik and Az-Sho, there are several thousand of them scattered around the fifth Continent.
The Planet is covered in a Hot Ashstorm which lasts for days, afterwards the Sun is obscured and the Atmosphere is filled with a thick carpet of Ash.
the World Hammer and the Giant's Armor are among the corpses.
Fangslayer has been destroyed!
Udils Armor is destroyed!
Lifeslayer is too among the corpses.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 03, 2013, 04:39:32 pm »

Udil was on the verge of going mad. He did not see clearly what was happening but he knew he won. And He was finally a God.

He did the first thing his mind was able ot grasp- he picked up hiw weapon, one after another, all sticking to him and calling him with thier desire for blood. God of Wrath would be the heavenly armourer and would take all the weapons with him.
He then took off to Thaneos' place, seeing it vacated and feeling the need othide in the Giantfather's lands.

Udil takes all the godly artifacts and weapons from the field and goes to the contient of Eversummer, to claim Thaneos' place as its god.

He then takes time to get used ot his new form. He feels burning pain but strangely, he feels it wveywhere. His incorporeal form whole, he is able to enjoy something he hasn't felt in ages, even in depth of his intense burning.
He had to contact his patron first. The Overgod granted him the greatest gift of all and made him victorious. It mush have costed something. Udil did not hesitate in bellowing out into the heavens his call.

I, GOD Of WRATH, CALL UPON YE, OVERGOD, TO REVAL THYSELF TO ME AND ALLOT ME TO THANK THEE FOR VICTORY YOU HAVE GIVEN ME!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:15:38 pm by Ardas »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 03, 2013, 05:34:44 pm »

Amongst the pile of corpses that littered the landscape for miles, something stirred. Az-Sho's eyes weakly flickered open. With a tremendous effort, he forced air up his gullet, whispering, "Aur-Sha..."
The serpent's daughter slithered over, grief written on her features. "Yes, father?"
The serpent rolled his eye over to her. A last flicker of love pulsed in it.
"I am sorry, daughter. I tried ... I tried to protect you from the ravages of this world. I had designs of peace before all this ...
But that dream is over now. I am ended; I can no longer protect you from what may come.

No, father!"
"Aur-Sha, I am already dead. You will have to survive without my aid, as much as I wish to give it to you.
I am thankful that I was able to be a parent to you, however. When I was born, I did not know who I was or where I came from. You can take comfort in the fact that you do."

The Serpent's breath catches in his throat, and for a moment he almost passes.
"I will not leave you alone in the world, however. You see the giants, born of my demise. Lead them. They will follow you.
*hack* *wheeze* Without me to guide you, you may become lost in the world, especially since all the change that has been wrought today. There is one, however, that will aid you, the only honorable being I know that is not our kin: Corvus, God of Knowledge. Call to him if you require aid. He will help you. You must always be wary, Aur-Sha. This world is not kind and does not condone peace. There is one last enemy that will never stop hunting for you as long as he is alive, an enemy who should be dead, but was given life and godhood by some other power: Udil, god of wrath. His ambition brought down his race, gave him eternal pain, and killed his wife and son. He could not care less; power has consumed who he once was. Be wary of him.
I am sorry, my daughter. I sought peace, and found only war. I sought to protect you, and died doing so. I thought the world was better than this ...
But you are strong, my daughter. You will build a legacy surpassing even that of mine, and our line will continue. Go in peace, Aur-Sha, my daughter ..."

And with that, the light fades from the serpent's eyes, and his daughter crouches by him, grieving amongst a mountain of corpses with firey giants dispersed among them.
So ends the Serpent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 03, 2013, 05:39:11 pm »

The Crow God awoke to a red dawn.

Corvus managed to see the tail end of the battle. He sensed the deaths of many, many mortals.

Thaneos, Giantfather, gone. At this he felt nothing.

Aurik, Flameborn, dead. He felt nothing, Aurik was only known by name to him.

Az-Sho, Earthen One, dead. He felt something. Regret. Failure to repay his debt. Anger at the thing that caused it.

But not Udil. He was alive. Persistent, he was. But not wise or sane. He felt scared and resolute. Scared that he would go for him next, and resolute that the Corvid Moon would not fall to Udil. He knew his desires, and did not wish Ravenas to be turned to such cruel needs.

He put such thoughts aside.
Corvus assumed that there would be reprievals against the last remnant of Az-Sho. Aur-Sha, the daughter of the Earthen One.

He stood and paced the room, thinking.
He was unable to save Az-Sho, and fulfil his debt to him. So he resolved to take care of the orphaned child. He would consider this his debt repayment, and it would serve a purpose in allowing him some comfort in knowing that he was still truly Corvus.

The killing of Aldemas had shaken him and his convictions truly, and this world was not a world where anything could blossom or grow. Not anymore.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:50:17 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 03, 2013, 05:39:39 pm »

Taerai answered Udil's call. He appeared a few meters away from Udil, with no flashes of light, nor any other fancy effects just...

-plop-

"Very well then Udil. I see that you've taken to your ascencion admirably." Taerai said, exhausted from the use of his power, and by now, the fatigue was beginnig to take it's toll upon his divine form...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 03, 2013, 05:58:32 pm »

"I WISh to.. I Wish to express my gratitude, oh mighty one." Udil was getting hang of his pain, but only barely.

"Is there anything you desire? Anything you ... want in return from me? Anything I can do for you?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 03, 2013, 06:04:02 pm »

Nelkathar watched the battle, as it had interrupted his attempts to find Soultaken. He watched, amazed at the impossible chances that happened, how though Udil killed no gods he was the only survivor. Before Nelkathar was able to think much on this, however, the explosion happened.

Nelkathar was flung through the air, flattening his wings against his sides to avoid damaging them. Seconds later, he struck the ground, knocking chunks of stone the size of a dwarf's head off of his scaley hide. On the bright side, this dislodged an arrow in Nelkathar's side which had been bugging him since it struck him. Stretching his pained body, Nelkathar thought aloud.

"There's probably not much alive here anymore. What's more, anything left is most likely going to be presently controlled by The Patricide, now that he's a god. So about all I can do is hurry out...fast as possible...Hm. Eversummer's probably pretty empty right now, once I see if the Spire is real I'll head there..."

Immediately set out for the First Continent and where the Divine Spiral is/supposed to be.

"...Hm. Traurig, can you hear me?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 03, 2013, 06:11:19 pm »

Feros felt the earth shake and the fires roar, and he felt more gods fall. Thaneos, Az-sho, Aurik. Gone. And a void to be filled. As the ash spread, Feros dreamwalked among the people of Eversummer, showing no signs of his passing except in the mortals minds.
Feros dreamwalks in the minds of the people of Hadria, spreading his word, whilst taking care not to reveal himself.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 03, 2013, 06:15:03 pm »

"For starters, no more deicide. You but need to look outside Thaneos' palace to see the amount of destruction to see what happens when serveral deities are slain. Before you ask any questions about my involvement, this was going to happen sooner or later, and Az-sho had to receive the punishment for the destruction of an entire race over his own ego.

If you feel the need to continue fighting amoung the gods, I cannot stop you. I can only ask that instead of detroying them, you send them to the divine prison. There, they can stay while they think about the wrongs they have done.

In essense, I am requesting that you take up Thaneos' former mantle as peacekeeper. If any other god violates this peae, deal with them by incarcerating. Their creations are then yours to do with as you see fit, save for destruction. Unless they happen to be some hybrid of animal and sentient, then go nuts on them."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2013, 06:21:07 pm »

Udil was taken aback by the offer he was given. A Peacekeeper and a jailor? It was true that he was among the most powerful deities and a first mortal to ever attain Godhood.
This offer had to be taken.

"I ACCcept, Oh mighty one. I shal serve as your warden and peacekeeper. Even though the flame of wrath burns within me, I shall restrain myself and do as you command."

Udil accepted the fate that has befallen Him. He had caused unimaginable destruction of this wrld. he felt the hatred towards other still, as they decided to prey on him. But he had a debt to repay to the one that ascended him.

"May I have the access to the prison of yours so thaat I may perorm my duty as its custodian?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:26:13 pm by Ardas »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 03, 2013, 06:48:28 pm »

Nelkathar, I hear you.  What do you need?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 03, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »

Grogonos was at the time feeding off a recently deceased god from another realm when he noticed a large rip in the fabric of a universe. Peeping in he saw a full galaxy, and many gods who seemed very preoccupied with a single planet bathed in blood, war, and corpses.
Seeing the beings here very exceptionally violent, Grogonos silently slipped into the universe unnoticed by the other gods. He decided that being quiet wouldn't protect him forever and he created a realm of his own, forged by the folding of the universe's barrier.
In this realm, a constantly churning sea of energy deadly to everything from an Overgod to a mortal without his permission to enter and undetectable from the outside, Grogonos created his own world.
Seeing The Spider's insistance that he try to fix the rift, he tries to do so. Albeit clumsily.
1 Mighty Act: Create an indetectable pocket dimension that is filled with energy, the energy is deadly to all things that enter without the permission of Grogonos.
1 Mighty Act: Create a planet, with various forms of life, 25% water and 75% land.
1 Mighty Act: Help repair the Rift.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:52:05 pm by Polypian »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »

And on that Day, Her Song became obscured. The ashen remains of the dead-god and mortal-covered the globe. Eternal darkness; no sun, no stars.

Her simulacrums had told her much.

The Red Serpent…The Giant Father…The Dwarf King. Fools. All this blood, all this chaos…and for what? No honour, no gain, no greatness. The people have suffered and they destroyed a whole continent! What improvements could be found there?

Ushtam laughed. Why so mad Harum? Now  only the strong shall survive this holocaust and these survivors shall lead the world into a better future. Besides, from the deaths rise new creatures…these fire-giants will be of use in time. Trust me sister, things will only improve for us all.

Harum stayed silent, too angry to bother responding to Ushtam.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 03, 2013, 07:50:06 pm »

"You may indeed, just give me a moment." Taerai clicked his fingers. "Done. You should be able to perform your task now. Udil. One last thing before I go however. Your dwares, they will be restored to life, though I know not where they will end up, as another seeks to teleport them as well although they should not be difficult to find."

Udil is grated the ability to access and use the divine prison as his position as peacekeeper and jailor dictates.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 61