Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 84246 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2013, 03:16:05 pm »

Udil weighed the words carefully. It was true that majority of the problems were caused by the denial of help. But who was he to argue with the one who ascended him?

"it is an interesting thing that has ocurred. For you sought to help me and my current benefactor sought it fit to imprison you just as you were to help me. This is a great misunderstanding ....."

The fire that burned Udil grew fiercer.
"Absurd! Unthinkable! Situation such as this arising and I am to be the guardian of this error in judgement? Aodun, you are the master of Order - you must know the answer to a conflict of loyalties that troubles me now. Even though I swore to imprison all that threaten the world, surely you are of no threat to it?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:44:23 pm by Ardas »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »

"Beholdest which legacy the Overgod hath left Thou and Thy people. A World empty, a world devastated. An universe beset by endless horrors from the beyond and feasting Elder Deities, and a rift unsealed. Art those works of Benevolence or those of Antagonism? Thou art powerful, but only so much, and already bearest the burden of Thy people. If though wishest to correct the deeds brought forth by thy patron, settest me free!"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2013, 03:36:34 pm »

Now he was burning with an intense fire, pain fogging the mind.

"WHAT? THE PAIN BROUGHT ONTO ME AND MY PEOPLE ALL BECAUSE OF A PLOT? WHY MUST THE GODS CONSPIRE AGAINST ME? THERE WILL BE NO ORDER IN THIS UNIVERSE UNTIL ORDER IS SET FREE TO JUDGE."

With the power given to him by the Overgod, Udil wills the gates of the Divine Prison to be open free, letting Aodun free. The world needed cleaning up, and the Wrath of Udil wasn't enough to do it all. But it was good enough to start it all.

Udil the Jailer sets Aodun free from the Divine Prison.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:46:36 pm by Ardas »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2013, 03:39:29 pm »

Corvus watched in abject terror.

He feared for himself. The world. Aur-Sha. The Crowborn.

He needed power quickly, but he could not achieve it by violent means. Indeed, he only wanted it to move Aur-Sha and her giants to the Corvid Moon, and the Moon to elsewhere.

He could do naught but watch.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 04, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »

Keeping her eyes on the Elder God passed, Sabt Golgo addressed the next arrival.

What is your purpose here, little one? Why should I allow you entrance?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SunRaTheThird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2013, 03:56:56 pm »

I will help you heal this rift in the fabric of reality if you let me go, after all we do not want beings of evil nature to enter

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 04, 2013, 04:06:00 pm »

Keeping her eyes on the Elder God passed, Sabt Golgo addressed the next arrival.

What is your purpose here, little one? Why should I allow you entrance?

I only wish to do my job of easing the passing of mortal souls, along with passing judgment, giving them the reward or punishment that they deserve.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:16:15 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 04, 2013, 04:16:08 pm »

The Spider watched both gods warily.

You may pass if you swear an oath to aid me protect this world, and strengthen the defenses here - you shall provide new weapons or mortals to hold the Ring and man the weapons. Do not think you can shirk from this task.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SunRaTheThird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 04, 2013, 04:20:36 pm »

Then i promise to return when my power has grown, to help you defend against every evil that might come forth from this rift. is this acceptable terms?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 04, 2013, 05:13:21 pm »

Nelkathar, I heard no explosions but I have felt massive ripples pass through the waters.  This does not bode well for the planet's health I fear.
"Aye. That self-made bastard has no care for any life but dwarves...and perhaps not even them. Certainly not any gods. If you're not a dwarf, you're a foe or a tool--that's how I understand Udil's thinking. Now that almost every dwarf is dead, one has to wonder how he'll react...
"Oh, and yes the explosion was, in part, a result of the Traitor. It was caused when Az-Sho or someone died. He, Thaneos, and...hells above and below, who was it...I'll remember later, someone else died fighting Thaneos. Odd, he was horribly burnt and barely did more than defend himself against Az-Sho's army, but he was the only survivor...Anyways, this death of gods was what the Ecocide desired, as it gave him more power...lucky him. Now the Avatar of Wrath is a God of Wrath, which is no good sign for anyone.
"Oh, and I probably imagined this, but as I was flying away, I thought I saw a child talking with the Patricide...probably imagining it, but I can't discount much of anything as certainly being false. Oh, and I think I see some kind of serpent in the ocean far off."

((Why isn't Udil showing any sign of pain or anguish?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 04, 2013, 05:19:03 pm »

I have never encountered this Udil before but seeing as how his title is God of Wrath, I doubt he is the nicest of individuals to meet.  Not to mention dwarves have not exactly treated me kindly in the past...  The death of so many deities worries me also.  We must move quickly if we are to gain the power needed to achieve our goals.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 04, 2013, 05:19:42 pm »

Corvus looked around his small room in Ravenas, thinking.

He couldn't move against Udil, not while Sabt Golgo, Aodun, and Taeri were backing him. He needed time. Power. Reason.

He couldn't challenge the God of Wrath without suffering the wrath of all his backer gods. Unless he persuaded them of his untrustworthiness, which might not work.

The Crow continued thinking, planning. He needed to think about Aur-Sha as well, he knew, but she could easily be teleported to the Corvid Moon, after he permitted her though the barrier, which required some power.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 04, 2013, 06:37:58 pm »

I have never encountered this Udil before but seeing as how his title is God of Wrath, I doubt he is the nicest of individuals to meet.  Not to mention dwarves have not exactly treated me kindly in the past...  The death of so many deities worries me also.  We must move quickly if we are to gain the power needed to achieve our goals.
"You've never heard of Udil the Ungrateful, the Hateful, the Decietful, the Haughty, the Traitor, the Mad, Slayer of Nature, Burner of Forests, Bane of the Kind, Drakeslaughter, Giantkiller, Patricide, Deicide, Treecutter, Self-Made Bastard, Despoiler of Friendship, Coveter of All, Enslaver of Dwarves, Enemy of Peace, Wrathbeard, Bloodfists, Silverbarb, etc etc? I can't say that he--He, my mistake, He's a god now--is a good thing to have in the world, but He is and He is our greatest threat..."
Tell Traurig all I know about Udil, clouded a bit by Feros's biased point of view when teaching him and Nelkathar's own bias.
"...and worst of all, almost every god who hasn't been attacked or killed by Udil has been taken in by Him. I haven't heard of a single god alive who would lift a finger to stop Him before He attacked the god's own land..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 04, 2013, 06:41:09 pm »

The Universe seemed to shudder for a moment and reality itself seemed to unravel as Udil Dragonslayer opened the Gates to the Anghinwar. An Aura of Madness seemed to emanate from the very gates of the prison as finally Aodun burst forth.

Weakened and yet transformed, the former Elder God of Order had turned into the Younger God of Chaos. Starved and bereft of its very essence, the Phoenix had lost much of it's former Glory. But the very fires from which it consisted burned has hot and as bright as ever.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:55:23 pm by Ghazkull »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 04, 2013, 06:49:18 pm »

This puts us in a rather dangerous situation.  If he has killed so many in the past, then there is the risk he will do so again.  All the more reason to prepare ourselves for the worst.  We need more allies and we need the means to achieve godhood.  I know of few gods who could or would help us, so we may be forced to work on our own.  I will gather followers and build great underwater fortifications that we may take shelter in as needed.  Perhaps you should continue looking for a way to gain godhood while I build up our base of followers.  In this way we may achieve multiple goals at the same time.  After all, being gods would do us little good if we did not have a strong base of worshipers.  I fear that is what led to the end of my old ally Aldemas.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61