Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178849 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2013, 04:15:51 pm »

Now, let's pray that his wife isn't a certain person known to have a tough husband. It'll leopardize our chances at getting dinner. Now, if his wife isn't the woman we tried to rob, we could ask this man if he knows about a job for us.

Get your pitchforks and light your torches!(If you do not own either of these objects lighters and bats would suffice).
I lighted a tree. Does that count?

Edit:
We should search for a sock. We haven't had a good smoke since yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:35:26 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2013, 04:37:30 pm »

Now, let's pray that his wife isn't a certain person known to have a tough husband. It'll leopardize our chances at getting dinner. Now, if his wife isn't the woman we tried to rob, we could ask this man if he knows about a job for us.

Haha, seeing how things have been going it probably is.

well that turned out better then i expected, now question is can we milk this guy for some things?

If we are going to milk for anything it should be information, we still know too little about this fort.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2013, 05:00:08 pm »

Haha, seeing how things have been going it probably is.

well that turned out better then i expected, now question is can we milk this guy for some things?

If we are going to milk for anything it should be information, we still know too little about this fort.
Time to try Adventure Game Sense over Plotcognition...

We could also try to start a chain of deals.  Consider this: a nugget of Tetrahedrite costs 3☼ (material Value 3) -- our earring is worth at least 3 hunks of Tetrahedrite, assuming we have someone well disposed or push-over-y enough to make the swap.  Of course, we have no skills not access to improve Tetrahedrite ourselves, so we need to find a furnace operator running a smelter and ask them to smelt our Tetrahedrite in exchange for all the silver that results.  This is probably a very good deal for the furnace operator, so we can get 12 bars of copper out of the deal.  We can then take those to a smith and barter for a copper pick, compensating with some of our spare copper:  In fact, we could probably get some other copper gear out of the bargain if we're willing to part with all our bars: We could get a copper Helm (to deal with that brain-leakage we're worried about), Mail Shirt, Leggings, and Pick, probably -- it takes 6 bars to make all that, meaning we'd be able to pay the smith 6 bars profit.  With that gear we're now decently protected (We can wear our coat over the mail shirt so its less obvious) and more importantly able to dig, which lets us find a disused mining tunnel and carve ourselves out a secret lair.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2013, 05:10:41 pm »

But why would a cook/woodcrafter/hauler have Tetrahedrite? Moreover, the smiths here might be forced to serve the warden. And our less then legal status leaves any smith we might encounter in a great position to just exchange our ore for air.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2013, 05:19:13 pm »

True... we might have to go through Pipe Smoking Dwarf back in the Brewstery to manage trading, which requires negotiating this first.

Unless of course this chap could point us in the right direction to get what we want with some security.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »

Ale and beer are both acceptable dwarves drinks, I fail to see any issue with them.
I agree completly however nothing goes up aginst a mug of good rum.

Get your pitchforks and light your torches!(If you do not own either of these objects lighters and bats would suffice).
I lighted a tree. Does that count?
It does but I...expected more from you... *single tear*
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:37:18 pm by slowpokez »

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2013, 11:05:54 pm »

Information is our primary objective right now. We need to know what the political situation is and how we can get along as an immigrant. We still haven't seen any hard evidence that this place is a labor camp, but it's definitely a rough town. Talk about the fortress over dinner and ask questions.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2013, 11:23:42 pm »

Information is our primary objective right now. Talk about the fortress over dinner and ask questions.

+1

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2013, 02:30:19 pm »

Information is our primary objective right now. Talk about the fortress over dinner and ask questions.
+1
+2

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2013, 02:53:56 pm »

I'm a bit busy today so...no update :P

Hoes before bros!

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2013, 03:07:06 pm »

I'm a bit busy today so...no update :P

Hoes before bros!

No rush.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2013, 03:50:59 pm »

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2013, 04:56:01 pm »

Hoes before bros!
And before those, churros.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:01 pm »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2013, 11:37:51 pm »

Woah, puring maggot milk has exceeded the count of two. This must be witchcraft.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 90