Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178149 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2013, 06:46:34 pm »

Take the gauntlet, we may/will need it later in if in dire need (personally I think the mayor's a jerk for sending this guy to kill us in the first place, what better way to push our point across than coming back to him with the gauntlet of his best hitdwarf). Best to hide it for now because we're in no shape to use it, hide it in your room (or anywhere else no one would think to look for it) and then have someone at the pub go and discretely get medical help directly to us, not have us go to a hospital. The medical dwarves should be able to fix you up no problem as long as you aren't caught by the soldiers (since the mayor is still after us and he can order them about, we should stay away from any soldiers).

I cannot express how much we need to grab that gauntlet. It for one cannot go in the wrong hands, and two its so far going to be one of the best bargaining tools we will ever come across.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:48:55 pm by xominxac »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2013, 07:35:20 pm »

Wait I'm confused.  Did Nerin just puke us out, at which point we proceeded to slaughter that hostile dwarf?  If so that's pretty damn cool.  Let's go puke ourselves up on the mayor and his guards too! :D

Oh and loot that dead dwarf's stuff.  All of it looks pretty nice and it could be another fun disguise for us to wear.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2013, 07:36:22 pm »

Told you we were the voices of the Gods.  Now loot his corpse.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2013, 07:51:15 pm »

Wait I'm confused.  Did Nerin just puke us out, at which point we proceeded to slaughter that hostile dwarf?  If so that's pretty damn cool.  Let's go puke ourselves up on the mayor and his guards too! :D

Oh and loot that dead dwarf's stuff.  All of it looks pretty nice and it could be another fun disguise for us to wear.

All we saw was inside the artifact.

-This is the inside of Extortusshis.
-Extortusshis is one of Silverdrops five artifacts, but it was not made by a dwarf from here, in fact it was not made by a dwarf at all.
The gauntlet was however no ordinairy gauntlet for it held the power to rip the lifeforce from ones body.

-Time does not exist in here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-If time might be and time might not, that we may never know. But Nerin is not alone that we know for sure.

Is it me or do they look suspiciously like

Possibly the spirits of the dead dwarfs in our fort?

{sorry for edits so much}
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:56:46 pm by xominxac »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2013, 08:03:40 pm »

Is it me or do they look suspiciously like
If that's the case then it's nothin' but a coincidence :P I guess my repertoar ain't limitless afterall.

Kinda funny how things turned out, always imagined this part to be one of the later chapters of Blackgate. But then again I really detest predictable storylines, so in a sense things just got more interesting. :P
Perhaps I should've mentioned this earlier but I never go for that "plot-armor" sort of thing so if someone dies they die.

Seems like looting's our first priority here but the situation is still kinda troublesome, Nerin is bleeding and sooner or later someone's gonna come by.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »

Seems like looting's our first priority here but the situation is still kinda troublesome, Nerin is bleeding and sooner or later someone's gonna come by.

Hence why after we loot him for the glove we ask one of our friends from the pub to discreetly get medical help for us.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2013, 08:15:01 pm »

The conversation made me think it was us, the guy says what is this sorcery and then our buddy Nerin starts puking up black goo which forms into monsters that kill our enemy.  Also all that talk about Nerin never being alone and what not.  Besides Nerin doesn't need his old fort buddies, he has us! :D (unless we are his old fort buddies?)

Anyway the gauntlet can heal us right?  Let's just go kill something weak with it to heal ourselves.  Unless going to get regular medical attention is somehow faster.
Sure thing peanut man!

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2013, 08:25:01 pm »

Anyway the gauntlet can heal us right?  Let's just go kill something weak with it to heal ourselves.  Unless going to get regular medical attention is somehow faster.

No, just no. I may be wrong (and I sure hope I am) but that glove was created for the purpose of killing things and if we use it willy nilly for our own sake... I just feel that it's going to corrupt us somehow. (ironic considering the black goo that came from him but still)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2013, 08:29:59 pm »

How exactly would it corrupt us?  I mean we aren't exactly the nicest mental voices in the first place; or are you worried about the glove gaining influence of Nerin instead of us?  I don't think that's very likely tbh, but it could be a potential risk.  Anyway we've been planning on killing people for a while now, so what difference does it make if the glove helps or maybe even nudges us towards it.
Sure thing peanut man!

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2013, 08:36:56 pm »

How exactly would it corrupt us?  I mean we aren't exactly the nicest mental voices in the first place; or are you worried about the glove gaining influence of Nerin instead of us?  I don't think that's very likely tbh, but it could be a potential risk.  Anyway we've been planning on killing people for a while now, so what difference does it make if the glove helps or maybe even nudges us towards it.

If we lose our hold on him then what. Of what use would we be then?

Also I don't remember us planning on killing people, all I remember is planning to retake our fort (more or less).

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2013, 08:48:34 pm »

I think that's a fairly unlikely scenario but I can respect your paranoia.  Maybe we could try letting someone allied with us test it out before we use it ourselves.  I definitely want to use it at some point though; gaining it and not using it at all would be a monumental waste of an extremely valuable tool.  Besides, from a OOC perspective I don't think slowpokez would give us something like that just for us to stick it in a locked chest under our bed.  It's probably fine.

As far killing people... maybe that was just me, but I know at least a couple other people have suggested rather violent actions.  Setting that noble on fire, throwing that heavy thing at the prisoners, trying to suffocate our old neighbor with an on fire sock.  I'm sure there are more but I'm listing these off the top of my head, so that'll have to do for now.
Sure thing peanut man!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2013, 08:55:38 pm »

1) grab the gauntlet
wear it and see what happens  :P

2) grab the cool axe and the rest of his things...

Depending on what happens we could use his stuff to disguise and escape to get medical aid, or use the disguise to get close to the mayor and kill him for being a douche... then see what's the deal with the warden (I'm assuming the guy we just killed was the Nefarious dude) if the warden is a douche kill him too and claim this fort for us!!!

Also:
One gauntlet to rule them all!! if wearing the gauntlet makes us invisible we'll have to make a fellowship to destroy it in a volcano

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2013, 09:01:12 pm »

Ha, I knew there were other people here who liked killing.  Anyway if we do wear the gauntlet we should use its power to heal Nerin.  If we don't use it, we should go find medical help.  Either way, I'd like to go kill that mayor later... slowly... by flaying off his skin while he still lives... We could also see if he has any living family members.  Just saying.

Oh and let's go find a wereboar, catch it in a cage trap and let it bite our hand off.  It'll totally be worth it long term.
Sure thing peanut man!

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09:27 pm »

At times I feel like I'm the voice of passiveness, I like to wait and see, think through before doing much.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2013, 09:12:58 pm »

At times I feel like I'm the voice of passiveness, I like to wait and see, think through before doing much.
Excellent, so far we've got the voice of paranoia, the voice of reason and now the voice of passiveness. Seemingly getting insaner for every day. :D
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 90