Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 255928 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2014, 06:01:09 pm »

Neatness can look nice, but my place ends up looknig like a mess anyway. Then i get logistics robots instead of sorting it out because they're awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2014, 06:19:06 pm »

Didn't buy it (yet) but i wonder... resources run out don't they?
So does that mean you have to sooner or later leave the factory and go build another one in a place more abundant (or not sucked dry in this case) in minerals?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2014, 06:40:15 pm »

So does that mean you have to sooner or later leave the factory and go build another one in a place more abundant (or not sucked dry in this case) in minerals?

That's what trains are for, they can carry a ton of goods back and forth for you.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2014, 07:19:21 pm »

Oil can technically run forever last I checked, even at the minimum percentage left it'll still occasionally burp up a bit of oil. Nowhere near enough to be usable though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2014, 10:37:56 am »

So they released a new trailer today.  Looks good!  I think they are planning to do somewhat of a media blitz soon.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2014, 01:06:03 pm »

Bought this today, built something in peaceful mode.
First impression: this game is awesome, and building the whole base in a way that works is rewarding.
Second impression: peaceful mode quickly gets boring, I'll try non-peaceful next.
Third: I have little to no idea what I'm doing most of the time.

Here is my base:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disregard the french notes.

The copper and iron come from opposite sides and meet in the middle. They are fed in the furnaces on the middle left, with the coal coming in on a separate lane and picked up with red inserters.
Iron and copper plates then go on a merry-go-round on the f***ing mess of an automated factory and feed the whole thing before being put in chests.

The factories pick the plates on the right belt and put the products on the left belt (plates use both sides of the tight belt to avoid clutter). Advanced factories then pick from both lanes to make their own products, and it all end in chests and beakers. Not the most efficient thing ever but it works.

I am however quite proud of the steel foundry. Only 12 tiles thick from raw iron to steel plates, and extendible ad infinitum. My most clever use of red and yellow inserters yet.

You can also spot a tentative of oil refinery, from which I managed to extract flamethrower fuel (tested on the forest nearby and some gribleys on the eastern side of the lake).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2014, 01:47:33 pm »

eh, wait to say expandable ad infinitum :D

belt become the bottleneck when you are consuming more item they can carry and upgrades can only carry you so far :D

http://www.factorioforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3297

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2014, 08:42:56 pm »

Just found this today. It looks really interesting.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2014, 12:58:06 am »

It is! One of my favourite.

There are so many ways to organize and reorganize your factory I often spent more time just changing layout for fun or playing with trains than actually trying to win the game.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2014, 02:30:59 am »

Bought it. Few hours in so far, and I am definitely having a blast. Might have to ramp up the critter challenge a little for more fights, but so far it is really cool. I love the feeling of slowly figuring out how everything works. As you only unlock stuff a bit at a time, you don't feel too overwhelmed.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2014, 11:13:22 am »

They are working on multiplayer next, which will be AWESOME.  I can't wait!

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2014, 12:17:56 pm »

Ermagahd.  :D :D :D :D

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2014, 12:21:32 pm »

Posting so I can remember to play this later.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 31, 2014, 07:05:55 pm »

Do. Seriously. My favorite game of 2014.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2014, 09:38:40 pm »

Do. Seriously. My favorite game of 2014.

I am glad they have a demo.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have been so certain that I am going to be buying this game.

I think the multiplayer would be interesting if they add two things: 1) You can make turrets able to be used against other players, with the option to prevent them from firing upon certain players.  2) Players can sabotage other player's production lines.  If that is done, I can see two player types being attracted.  The constructers, who make all the production lines, and those who revel in conflict, who would be hired by the former with raw materials, guns, and ammo to destroy other people's constructions to try and give themselves an edge over their competitors.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 76