Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1680570 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19530 on: August 24, 2015, 07:05:35 pm »

So all Europe needs to do is end all war and human suffering.
[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu3bq1dqzOM
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19531 on: August 24, 2015, 07:21:34 pm »

Not really getting what's so bad about freedom of movement. Loud Whispers paints Britain like some kind of dystopia. It's really not.
Zero border control is its own folly, if there is anything dystopian about the current state of affairs then it lies not in Britain in any especiality, it lies in the entirety of the EU. Don't just look at one nation, look at countries like Italy where an unelected government made illegal immigration legal, used the Italian Navy to bring 190,000 illegal immigrants to Italy and opened up welcome centers with free lodging (though they ran out of lodging and since then hotels have filled the gap), mobile phones, pocket money, lessons or the option to claim asylum in Italy or move on to other areas of the EU. They can't even fix their own country's massive unemployment because they are shackled to the single currency and they get fucked even more having to be the face of Europe trying to hold up the burden of everyone from Africa to Asia. And of course, whilst tens of thousands stay in Italy, hundreds of thousands move on to the rest of Europe. Not all with the best of intentions, and I'm not talking about economic migrants vs refugees. Bibi's wanted another mass migration of Jews out of Europe and into Israel and now he's succeeded in getting it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19532 on: August 24, 2015, 07:31:59 pm »

Italians gave a whole bunch of people a warm reception and I think this is a bad thing. I'm also implying migrants are Nazis for some reason.
I'm still not getting what's wrong about letting people stay in the same place as you stay. Should we put border controls on mother's wombs? That's also a potent source of people you don't know yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19533 on: August 24, 2015, 07:44:55 pm »

I'm still not getting what's wrong about letting people stay in the same place as you stay. Should we put border controls on mother's wombs? That's also a potent source of people you don't know yet.
Hahahahahahahaha

*EDIT
I didn't even see this:
Italians gave a whole bunch of people a warm reception and I think this is a bad thing. I'm also implying migrants are Nazis for some reason.
Hahahahaha
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:46:38 pm by Loud Whispers »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19534 on: August 24, 2015, 07:46:40 pm »

Hahahahahahahaha

rofl................

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19535 on: August 24, 2015, 07:48:28 pm »

Very interesting! The links in there are worth a click or two as well.

On a different topic: Interesting article about cultural misunderstanding between Americans and Germans in the Eurozone crisis. Written by an American, by the way.

Damn, now I can't remember which economist said most recently a great quote along the lines of "there is nothing stupider then an economist practicing amateur sociology."

The difference between American and German economists is that the camp called "American" (which is mostly not Americans because it's international) predicted this crisis before the Euro was adopted while the camp called "German" (which is mostly not Germans because it's international) has been consistently dead fucking wrong about everything and done a huge amount of harm.

When the ECB raised the prime rates in 2012 it was not the equivalent to a doctor prescribing leeches for your hypertension.  It's the equivalent of the Tuskegee syphilis experiments.  Except it's on a vastly grander scale.  And that's not the only fucking mistake they made.

The challenges that the "German" camp faced were smaller then the challenges faced in the United States, the UK or Japan.  Europe is in worse shape because these fucking assholes played games with the welfare of hundreds of millions of people rather then doing their job.  And the fucking ripple effects!  How much do you think it emboldened Putin's aggression against Ukraine that Europe was too busy lurching from crisis to crisis to care?

It's not cultural differences.  It that some people are shitty human beings who are terrible at their job and want to divert attention from the fact that they are shit.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19536 on: August 24, 2015, 07:51:37 pm »

Very interesting! The links in there are worth a click or two as well.
On a different topic: Interesting article about cultural misunderstanding between Americans and Germans in the Eurozone crisis. Written by an American, by the way.
Damn, now I can't remember which economist said most recently a great quote along the lines of "there is nothing stupider then an economist practicing amateur sociology."
The difference between American and German economists is that the camp called "American" (which is mostly not Americans because it's international) predicted this crisis before the Euro was adopted while the camp called "German" (which is mostly not Germans because it's international) has been consistently dead fucking wrong about everything and done a huge amount of harm.
When the ECB raised the prime rates in 2012 it was not the equivalent to a doctor prescribing leeches for your hypertension.  It's the equivalent of the Tuskegee syphilis experiments.  Except it's on a vastly grander scale.  And that's not the only fucking mistake they made.
The challenges that the "German" camp faced were smaller then the challenges faced in the United States, the UK or Japan.  Europe is in worse shape because these fucking assholes played games with the welfare of hundreds of millions of people rather then doing their job.  And the fucking ripple effects!  How much do you think it emboldened Putin's aggression against Ukraine that Europe was too busy lurching from crisis to crisis to care?
It's not cultural differences.  It that some people are shitty human beings who are terrible at their job and want to divert attention from the fact that they are shit.
Somebody call the police because I've just witnessed a massacre

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19537 on: August 24, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »

Hahahahahahahaha

*EDIT
I didn't even see this:
Hahahahaha
Well, I know I'm hilarious, but I'm still no wiser as to the rationale behind your anti-immigration stance.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19538 on: August 24, 2015, 07:55:40 pm »

Well, I know I'm hilarious, but I'm still no wiser as to the rationale behind your anti-immigration stance.
Mass immigration, for reasons well provided. Though anti-mass immigration is not accurate, as I support controlled immigration which is more nuanced than just having a numbered limit.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19539 on: August 24, 2015, 08:03:22 pm »

In the UK you have people who's spouses can't get in the country, students who can't come here to study or are kicked out as soon as they graduate, hundreds of asylum seekers languishing in de facto prisons run by underfunded private companies. What do we see with members of the EU who can come with free borders? They prop up our healthcare system, we get their cheap beer in our off-licenses, they're our friends and co-workers.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19540 on: August 24, 2015, 08:45:03 pm »

So what do we do with the people that want to come to the country but can't because the yearly quota is full? Immigration creates its own jobs, the countries aren't as full or resources taxed as much as the scaremongers make out.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19541 on: August 24, 2015, 08:58:37 pm »

Let's imagine you were right about the above, your point still wouldn't follow. New people expand the size of an economy by increasing demand for goods and services.

I don't even know where to get started on your assumptions about the capacities of the migrants entering the EU right now.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19542 on: August 24, 2015, 09:20:45 pm »

So they take the jobs but they have no money to spend?

If you say "they take the jobs" then you are talking about single period analysis in which case Says Law holds and they create as many jobs as they take.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19543 on: August 24, 2015, 10:37:05 pm »

So apparently Russia is now blocking Wikipedia access due to some bullshit. Mobile version still works, though. Hopefully they won't block it, too.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19544 on: August 24, 2015, 11:04:25 pm »

So apparently Russia is now blocking Wikipedia access due to some bullshit. Mobile version still works, though. Hopefully they won't block it, too.

Just out of curiosity, what is the bullshit reason why they're blocking wikipedia of all things?
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 1393