Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974554 times)

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.2
« Reply #585 on: March 07, 2014, 05:44:01 pm »

you'll have to correct me if i'm wrong, but i think what you're looking for is to sort by role rating. right click any labor column and choose to sort by the role rating.
Nice!
Looks like it sorts low-to-high rather than the expected high-to-low.  Is that intentional?

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 07, 2014, 06:06:05 pm »

Building under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS / 64-bit:

Followed the instructions at https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/master/BUILDING.txt, *except* prior to doing that I had to do:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update

Those are necessary because they intend Qt 5 for use on more recent releases of Ubuntu.  If you build other stuff that uses Qt, you may want to read up on the above before doing it.

Compiles, installs, and runs OK.  I haven't had time to test much - wanted to post before I forget what I did.

I'm suprised at the requirement for running it as root.  The old precompiled verision that I was using on Ubuntu 10.04 did not require it.  Was use of ptrace added since the fork?

I see the suggestion for running it as a child of df, but I start df with dfhack, and ./dfhack& causes problems because you need the terminal.  Any ideas for how to launch it as a child when using dfhack?

Splintermind, are you interested in talking to the dfhack people about converting it to a plug-in?

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 07, 2014, 07:34:33 pm »

Compiles, installs, and runs OK.  I haven't had time to test much - wanted to post before I forget what I did.
Well, it was fun while it lasted.  I decided it was time to quit fooling with tools and get some play in, but it won't even run now.  When I try to start it I get:

QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/usr/bin/env") is still running.

I can't imagine what I've changed or am now doing different from when it ran a few minutes ago.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #588 on: March 08, 2014, 01:57:55 pm »

Building under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS / 64-bit:

Followed the instructions at https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/master/BUILDING.txt, *except* prior to doing that I had to do:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update

Those are necessary because they intend Qt 5 for use on more recent releases of Ubuntu.  If you build other stuff that uses Qt, you may want to read up on the above before doing it.

I'm suprised at the requirement for running it as root.  The old precompiled verision that I was using on Ubuntu 10.04 did not require it.  Was use of ptrace added since the fork?

I see the suggestion for running it as a child of df, but I start df with dfhack, and ./dfhack& causes problems because you need the terminal.  Any ideas for how to launch it as a child when using dfhack?

Splintermind, are you interested in talking to the dfhack people about converting it to a plug-in?
ok i'll see about adding that to the documentation. if i remember the ptrace/sudo stuff was there before i even forked the code, so i'm not sure how that precompiled version doesn't require it.

setting things up to use dfhack as a back-end would be very beneficial. i already use a dfhack script to generate another list of memory offsets to use, but it's all very redundant, and probably some code that could be removed entirely if there was access to a dfhack api. however, i honestly don't even know where to begin such a conversion.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 08, 2014, 02:42:04 pm »

It doesn't "require root", it required ptrace and root happens to be able to do that out of the box. That means you have to "setcap cap_sys_ptrace=eip $WHEREVER_YOU_PUT_THAT_BINARY/DwarfTherapist" so it can as normal user too.

Not sure, but it is possible that ubuntu/older kernel allowed it to users by default to use ptrace... anyway - don't execute Therapist as root. Just allow it to use ptrace.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 08, 2014, 08:23:47 pm »

I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #591 on: March 09, 2014, 06:21:35 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8466

Crash save.
great thanks. it looks like the sockplate isn't made of anything (no material type) which is causing the crash. i've got that fixed up, and i'm looking into the health issues you hinted at. there are some strange things going on:

- Catten Fashablel has a burnt right hand in therapist, but in game it looks like she just fell and broke the hand. i think i know what's causing this one.

- Atis Kodsarvesh has a ton of numb fat areas. this one is rather strange. if you look at the health (z) overview in game, there's no indication of anything being numb. in therapist, it thinks there was nerve damage. i'm still trying to figure out what's going on with this one.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 09, 2014, 10:37:13 am »

The burn is an old injury, I think (I might have put her out using DFHack, which is why only her hand has melted fat). As for physical injury, this is the third time this year and the second time this month that that hand has been broken. Atis Kodsarvesh was caught in FB gas a while back, as was Mafol Tatlosherith. The initial symptom was numbness, which the wiki notes will progress to sensory nerve damage after a while.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #593 on: March 09, 2014, 11:13:29 am »

alright well if that's the case then things look fairly accurate. atis has a lot of sensory nerve damage, and although therapist is displaying 'sensory nerve severed' if that's possible due to the syndrome then it's correctly finding the sensory nerve issues. i'll have to see if i can figure out how it determines severed vs damaged...

were there any other inconsistencies you noticed i should take a look at?

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 12, 2014, 05:19:24 am »

Just another post to watch a thread (after a long, long forum absence).

Also, to thank splinterz for the continued work on this program!

Seriously, thank you.  So much.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2014, 10:38:34 am »

I successfully build DT on Linux on Ubuntu 13.10 following the instructions. However, the drop-down menus in the main toolbar don't work properly. If I click on or hover over Edit/Remove Filter Script/Custom Role/Optimization Plan buttons, nothing happens. If I use Alt to go to these buttons with my keyboard, it appears I am able to go to a second list through these buttons, but I don't see anything and pressing Enter doesn't do anything.
Furthermore, the New Custom Role and New Optimization Plan buttons don't do anything. The New Filter Script does work. The Import/Export Custom Role buttons also appear to work, although they do give me the following message in Terminal:
Code: [Select]
QBackingStore::flush() called with non-exposed window, behavior is undefinedUnder the Windows tab, the Dock drop-down menu does work properly.

If you don't know how to fix this, is there some way I can manually edit the roles through a text editor or otherwise turn the entire role/optimization thing off?

And one small thing regarding the building process, you also need a g++ compiler installed, which you can get through $ sudo apt-get install build-essential.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2014, 09:02:51 pm »

Feature Request:

Can you make DT (Windows) not use the current Windows color scheme, or at least give the option to change colors in the program? I'm using a dark Windows color scheme and it makes DT nigh unusable, especially the tooltips: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v6f6kij1xv6gb2/Screenshot%202014-03-19%2003.01.12.png

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:04:43 pm by molkemon »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 31, 2014, 12:11:02 pm »

currently osx doesn't support writing any string values (nickname, custom profession, squad name, etc.) i have no idea why it's been disabled, so i'll pass it on to tareq to see if he can test it out.

Any way I can help fix this bug?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #598 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:14 pm »

currently osx doesn't support writing any string values (nickname, custom profession, squad name, etc.) i have no idea why it's been disabled, so i'll pass it on to tareq to see if he can test it out.

Any way I can help fix this bug?
it's not so much a bug, as there is literally no code there. it's a totally unsupported feature at the moment. i've asked tareq to take a look, but he hasn't been able to get working.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #599 on: April 01, 2014, 11:17:01 am »

Feature Request:

Can you make DT (Windows) not use the current Windows color scheme, or at least give the option to change colors in the program? I'm using a dark Windows color scheme and it makes DT nigh unusable, especially the tooltips: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v6f6kij1xv6gb2/Screenshot%202014-03-19%2003.01.12.png
hrmm i see. what color background do your regular windows tooltips have?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 222