Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513901 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Preparing For War
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2013, 12:44:53 am »

At this point the moral thing to do might actually be to invade NK and save their populace from the "government" they currently have.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2013, 12:46:29 am »

I like how the threats of a preemptive strike in case we attack is causing people to think about attacking.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2013, 12:49:18 am »

At this point the moral thing to do might actually be to invade NK and save their populace from the "government" they currently have.
The oppressed cry out for democracy! And the U.S and her fellow capitalist shall deliver it! As soon as we move our drones from the middle east to asia, that is. 

One of the things that would be interesting to watch would be how special forces are deployed in a second Korean war. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2013, 12:53:22 am »

The oppressed cry out for democracy! And the U.S and her fellow capitalist shall deliver it! As soon as we move our drones from the middle east to asia, that is.
Oh, come on. I think it is a little silly to pretend that there is not a moral imperative in this situation. This is North Korea we're talking about here. The ones that run actual, honest-to-god concentration camps? That won't even help their own people when given the opportunity?

There are a lot of morally grey situations in politics, but this ain't one of them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2013, 01:04:07 am »

Oh, come on. I think it is a little silly to pretend that there is not a moral imperative in this situation. This is North Korea we're talking about here. The ones that run actual, honest-to-god concentration camps? That won't even help their own people when given the opportunity?

There are a lot of morally grey situations in politics, but this ain't one of them.
I know, I know.  I'm just going to go ahead and call that someone will come up with some theory about how there are secret oil reserves there that the U.S is trying to take.  I agree wholeheartedly thou that there is some true oppression taking place there. 

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2013, 01:09:15 am »

The issue is that a distant foreign power trying to unilaterally do so creates a ridiculous amounts of issues. If something like this was done, S.Korea needs to lead it, or alternatively, the UN. Even China might be a better option, since they can soak the negative PR much better than the US, and still have the excuse of a "concerned local power".

That said, if N.Korea shoots first, well, no one reasonable is going to blame the US when they go in, depose their regime and impose a democracy. Except China, but that's just because they don't want an American puppet on their borders, not out of any love to N.Korea. In fact, they might decide to invade N.Korea and depose their regime before the US does it, just to keep the new regimes at their terms, or at least have some grounds to find a better (to them) compromise.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2013, 01:11:45 am »

I know, I know.  I'm just going to go ahead and call that someone will come up with some theory about how there are secret oil reserves there that the U.S is trying to take.  I agree wholeheartedly thou that there is some true oppression taking place there.
No, no, you're getting it all wrong, sheeple! It's the secret rubber reserves!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2013, 01:14:45 am »

Don't be ridiculous. We're clearly going to invade in order to protect the remaining wild unicorns!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2013, 01:16:12 am »

Don't be ridiculous. We're clearly going to invade in order to protect the remaining wild unicorns!
There are no wild unicorns. What do you think Best Korea's spec-ops teams ride into battle on?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2013, 01:17:16 am »

There are no wild unicorns. What do you think Best Korea's spec-ops teams ride into battle on?
Well, obviously they'd have to be rehabilitated into the wild. Assuming any survive, of course :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2013, 01:17:23 am »

That's dazzle camouflage right there.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2013, 01:18:50 am »

That's dazzle camouflage right there.
The enemy will be so confused trying to figure out what's happening that they'll never see themselves getting impaled!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2013, 01:35:57 am »

They've actually been spending all these years making their own Psy-Bot.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2013, 03:15:10 am »

They've actually been spending all these years making their own Psy-Bot.
Psy-Ops?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2013, 03:42:41 am »

Let us not forget that the US also has lots of air power in Japan and Guam that can be mobilized rather quickly. I'm sure Strife and his pal would kick some serious commie ass, but the major US contribution is probably going to be air and sea power.

Also, a question for you strife: what's the command structure as of now? Are the US units to be placed under Korean command in case of an attack by the North? What do you think of relations with your Koren counterparts? I guess the language barrier could be a problem.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 341